1 thing I learned from these text messages... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 thing I learned from these text messages...

SeasonsMusic

Pianist
Reaction score
If the texts between these 2 are any indication of how this entire team acts or even 50% acts then we have more issues than I thought. All they worry about is drinking, hookers, drugs & getting laid. They sound completely unfocused & don't care, I really really hope it's only a select few players, otherwise it pretty much explains why this team is where it's at today.

Pathetic both of them! One thing, I'm glad this shows just the liar Martin is, but these texts really opened me to a potential team issue.

So texts between 2 players over a period of 2 years about partying and ****ing around gives you a good feel about the whole team?

Hmm ok.

If the texts between these 2 are any indication of how this entire team acts or even 50% acts then we have more issues than I thought. All they worry about is drinking, hookers, drugs & getting laid. They sound completely unfocused & don't care, I really really hope it's only a select few players, otherwise it pretty much explains why this team is where it's at today.

Pathetic both of them! One thing, I'm glad this shows just the liar Martin is, but these texts really opened me to a potential team issue.

I don't think it's reflective of the whole team, but I agree; Ratfink is a liar and it does appear some of those dudes were (are?) unfocused.

I'm 100% sure and would bet my paycheck on it, that this is indicative of every team not just the fins.

I think the O-Line was probably the most unfocused, hungover bunch of losers on the team, and it showed on the field...

I don't think many of the other position groups had these rampant problems.

QBs: All married guys. Focused on studying/improving, not out at strip clubs every night
RBs: Who knows with these guys. Thomas/Miller have that permanent glazed look to them. They are probably just stoned 24/7.
TEs: All these guys seem pretty quiet and lowkey. Don't see them snorting lines off hooker asses on the regular.
WRs: It doesn't even seem like these guys really even hang out together. Hartline seems like he probably hung out with the OL and QBs more than anything. Wallace doesn't really seem like he has any close friends on the team. The others seem a bit low key as well.
DL: Another bunch of quiet big guys. A Samoan dude who's idea of fun is to shave penises into peoples heads. Other than that, don't seem like the crowd to go buckwild on the town.
DE: Probably the most focused position group on the team. Wake is all about improving his body and his game. From every interview I've heard of him, he is basically a hermit during the season. He doesn't want to pollute his body and understands he needs to keep his body at peak performance to stay in the league. OV seemed to take some of that work ethic from Wake as well.
LB: TBH, this group could be one of the other groups that go out partying a lot, but they also seem a bit low key. Milli/Vanilli also got that perma-stoned look to them.
DB: Grimes is married, even though his wife is a bit wild, I don't see him acting too nuts. The other guys might enjoy running train on Lauderdale hoes though.
Kickers: These guys probably make the OL seem tame by comparison. Sturgis missed all those kicks for a reason.

I don't think Incognito and Martin are a reflection of the entire Dolphins roster. Does sound like Pouncey and maybe even Jake Long acts this way, but I don't think you have to worry about guys like Tannehill.

Have to keep in mind that there are these types of players on every team. Heck I would rather see some of our guys going out and partying than up in New England where they are murdering people.

I think the O-Line was probably the most unfocused, hungover bunch of losers on the team, and it showed on the field...

I don't think many of the other position groups had these rampant problems.

QBs: All married guys. Focused on studying/improving, not out at strip clubs every night
RBs: Who knows with these guys. Thomas/Miller have that permanent glazed look to them. They are probably just stoned 24/7.
TEs: All these guys seem pretty quiet and lowkey. Don't see them snorting lines off hooker asses on the regular.
WRs: It doesn't even seem like these guys really even hang out together. Hartline seems like he probably hung out with the OL and QBs more than anything. Wallace doesn't really seem like he has any close friends on the team. The others seem a bit low key as well.
DL: Another bunch of quiet big guys. A Samoan dude who's idea of fun is to shave penises into peoples heads. Other than that, don't seem like the crowd to go buckwild on the town.
DE: Probably the most focused position group on the team. Wake is all about improving his body and his game. From every interview I've heard of him, he is basically a hermit during the season. He doesn't want to pollute his body and understands he needs to keep his body at peak performance to stay in the league. OV seemed to take some of that work ethic from Wake as well.
LB: TBH, this group could be one of the other groups that go out partying a lot, but they also seem a bit low key. Milli/Vanilli also got that perma-stoned look to them.
DB: Grimes is married, even though his wife is a bit wild, I don't see him acting too nuts. The other guys might enjoy running train on Lauderdale hoes though.
Kickers: These guys probably make the OL seem tame by comparison. Sturgis missed all those kicks for a reason.

That damn Sturgis is the Kingpin!

The OL probably act like they're a brotherhood off the field. A bunch of big SOBs walking around smashing beer bottles over their head a la Unnecessary Roughness with Scott Bakula.

I wouldn't think other players would be like that except for diva WRs (Burress shooting himself) or DBs (Pacman Jones making it rain in the clubs).

Illscriptures? Thoughts?

I haven't read the texts yet, but I will, I expect it to be more of what we already know. That these guys interacted every day, on and off the field. Like I have said, I don't think Martin deserves anything from the Miami Dolphins, I just don't think he deserves the negative name calling and attacks from people on here.

But quick question... So what does that make of the Incognito voicemails? I don't deny that these 2 had an off the field relationship, but what I do think is that that relationship was highly volatile and it involved moments of racists tirades, death threats, and intimidation tactics. Like I have said before, a bully can turn into a friend, a friend can turn into a bully, and a friend that was bully can turn into a bully again.

Last night when Pete Carroll was describing the Seahawk method of maximizing everyone's potential, I thought about the Dolphins holding team meetings at a strip club, and seeing who could be the most vulgar in text messages.

As I've insisted countless times, it's not all about the tape. The tape lies all the time. I remember the early '70s Dolphins and how devastated they were upon every defeat, how Henry Barrow could barely find anyone to speak to in the locker room when the Dolphins lost. Now you've got Tannehill with the unchanging expression on that 5th Quarter show, robotically talking about the process and the need to get better. Often a little grin. I wish those early '70s guys were still in their prime, so they could charge around the corner and grab him by the neck.

At least we've turned the page from Jeff Ireland. Maybe Hickey knows what he's doing, and I won't have to cringe every time I hear the first interviews from our rookie crop.

1 thing I learned from these text messages

I guess there was a reason Ireland asked Dez Bryant if his mom was a prostitute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom