1 thing I learned from these text messages... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 thing I learned from these text messages...

Whoa I just finished reading the texts. These texts definitely prove that Incognito is a racist but Martin's case is diluted by how often he allows Incognito to say something racist without Martin telling him to stop. I still feel the same way as I did before I read them though, Incognito berated him daily with racist epithets, while Martin basically just took it, he knew it was better to be his friend than his enemy. At one point Incognito literally told im "U R black and I hate U." Based on the texts, I think the NFL could rule for Martin but then again maybe not.

If you think that the Miami Dolphins are the only professional sports team with players that do those type of things on the regular then I have some property I could sell you on Jupiter :lol:

Cut both these unprofessional immature pos already. I'm tired of hearing about this crap.

Not that he can't afford it, but it incensed me that a weak-minded demoted, well-compensated "player" can theatrically walk out on his team in a hissy-fit, gleefully throw his team under the bus yet still collect his paychecks from Steve Ross. Stealing money under fraudulent circumstances: I doubt it's recoverable, but for principle sake, I'd still love to see the team try.

Thank god both these idiots will be elsewhere this season. Now the big question is who will take up their time getting high at Pouncey's

you mean you guys didnt think martin didnt really care about the NFL when he let RBs and WRs push 225 more than him at the combine...that should have told you everything you needed to know...he didnt care enough

Listen, there is the argument that this kind of thing is expected from NFL players and that there are some on every team. Well that is true.

However, what bothers me about it is that Incognito was deemed one of the "leaders" of this team. Thats what is disturbing about it. I dont expect the whole team to be choir boys and I dont think leaders have to be complete squares either. But, real leaders dont spend too much time worrying about this stuff. Real leaders, like Peyton Manning for example, spend almost every waking hour figuring out how to better himself and his team. Real leaders demand accountability from others on the team. They raise the bar. We dont have those type of guys on our team and its a huge problem.

You can have a few guys like that on your team who dont put 100% into the team and the job, but you cant have too many, they cant be deemed as "leaders" by their teammates, and they certainly shouldnt be core players if you expect to have great success in this league.

Listen, there is the argument that this kind of thing is expected from NFL players and that there are some on every team. Well that is true.

However, what bothers me about it is that Incognito was deemed one of the "leaders" of this team. Thats what is disturbing about it. I dont expect the whole team to be choir boys and I dont think leaders have to be complete squares either. But, real leaders dont spend too much time worrying about this stuff. Real leaders, like Peyton Manning for example, spend almost every waking hour figuring out how to better himself and his team. Real leaders demand accountability from others on the team. They raise the bar. We dont have those type of guys on our team and its a huge problem.

You can have a few guys like that on your team who dont put 100% into the team and the job, but you cant have too many, they cant be deemed as "leaders" by their teammates, and they certainly shouldnt be core players if you expect to have great success in this league.

Incognito and leadership have very little in common. Although I would say that our coach has not exactly excelled at being the leader of our team

Back
Top Bottom