10 names in the next 10 picks you want... | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 names in the next 10 picks you want...

Hoops whos your top 10 for tomorrow? I think we gotta go WR at some point. Also wouldnt mind Malik Jackson...or Boykin.

Hoops whos your top 10 for tomorrow? I think we gotta go WR at some point. Also wouldnt mind Malik Jackson...or Boykin.

i like both those names...vernon is short term gonna be a situational guy at least...let him hunt the qb...malik jackon makes sense to me as a 2 down 43 de...boykin works also but at 185 lbs he's a little light...still i'm nit picking i like him there also...

i like both those names...vernon is short term gonna be a situational guy at least...let him hunt the qb...malik jackon makes sense to me as a 2 down 43 de...boykin works also but at 185 lbs he's a little light...still i'm nit picking i like him there also...
Yeah Boykin is small...but 4th round sounds about right. Agree for Vernon, kids got pass rush tools..and thats all he will be asked to do for the most part. Jackson would be a solid 2-down guy but he also has some real pass rush ability as well...Im really surprised he is still around. As for WR..I like Joe Adams, Wylie, and Childs the most. But I could get down with Toon and a few others as well. Im pretty happy with our picks so far...not exactly how I would have gone about it, but things could be ALOT worse. (Like drafting a punter..hah)

i don't think he has left tackle feet either but i wasn't looking for a left tackle...i was looking right side...and i think he can man that...don't really project him inside personally and i guess if nfl teams look at you as a right tackle only as mayock says you better be a damn good one...i think his lack of versatility hurts his stock but shwartz got drafted early round 2 probably off his solid senior bowl week and that guy can only play right tackle...

you project massie as a guard??? not me

No, not at all....i think he's a RT all the way. All i meant is even if teams didn't think he would be a good pass blocking tackle, i would have thought someone would have taken him by now even if it was to play guard b/c he's a mauler in the run game.

I like both these names too. I wouldn't mind doubling up at DE/Pass rusher b/c we have very little depth there right now, so guys like Jackson would work (in base 4-3) or maybe names like Wilber or Fugger later in the draft for the 3-4 hybrid sets.

I think Boykin would excel in the slot against guys like Welker. He could also play outside against smaller WRs.

For the record, I hate that we had Hill right there to steal and instead we picked Martin. It also allowed the Jets to come up and take Hill which I triple hate. Pass protection is important but if you don't have anywhere to throw the football it doesn't matter. Also, we still need a scat back who can fill in for Bush and return kicks since we didn't get LaMicheal James. I like that they picked a pass rusher and a TE; also I liked the trade down for the extra 6th. What are we going to do about WR?

RW

For the record, I hate that we had Hill right there to steal and instead we picked Martin. It also allowed the Jets to come up and take Hill which I triple hate. Pass protection is important but if you don't have anywhere to throw the football it doesn't matter. Also, we still need a scat back who can fill in for Bush and return kicks since we didn't get LaMicheal James. I like that they picked a pass rusher and a TE; also I liked the trade down for the extra 6th. What are we going to do about WR?

RW

Vernon is NOT a pass rusher.

As for the rest, agreed that Pass Protection doesn't matter unless you have somebody to throw to, but especially with the Jests, a WR does them no good cause they don't have anybody to throw him the ball.

Vernon is NOT a pass rusher.

As for the rest, agreed that Pass Protection doesn't matter unless you have somebody to throw to, but especially with the Jests, a WR does them no good cause they don't have anybody to throw him the ball.

:confused:

RW

A sleeper scatback = Adonis Thomas - Toledo. Watch some film on this guy, he's extremely quick in the hole with speed to burn. Reminds me of Sproles.

So the draft is actually shaping up pretty nice.

Again, I'm going back to unique skill sets.

They got players that - where they got them - didn't have contemporaries (again: Tannehill's athleticism, Martin's feet, Vernon explosion, Egnew's athleticism and receiving skills). There's one more guy I'm eyeing hard before we go WR, and that's Malik Jackson. Slimm has made compelling cases for him all off season.

But there are still some guys who fit what we'll want to do very well at WR. There's a group of WR's that could be developed into big contributors for our offense. Passing on S. Hill still stings a bit to me. I think that guy could have been something. But there are A LOT of explosive WR's still on the board, and there are some decent big-body guys still on the board.

the more i watch egnew the more convinced i become that the kid does not separate...didn't separate senior bowl week and does not separate on tape...not sudden out of his cuts...i got a lot of product of that o at missouri concerns with this kid...don't like the pick in round 3...this is more round 5 stuff for me

what martin needs is an initial punch...he tries to rely on his feet too much and frankly he doesn't have great feet...he allows guys to get into his body and come to them allows them to build up steam and leverage by always taking the contact in pass pro rarely delivering it...his upper body strength or lack of really shows on tape there's too much him getting walked into the backfield after contact...too much finesse in his pass pro game...he'll start a play with good knee bend and good technique but as the play develops he has a tendency to get more and more vertical before contact...i would say that if this kids here to be a starting right tackle from the jump we better give him help with fasano or chipping guys out of the backfield etc...as a run blocker he moves pretty well this isn't a great athlete but a solid one and he can pull and make contact he sustains things pretty well in line when asked to go straight ahead...i will say though that despite what i would call a finesse game he'll play to the whistle and sometimes through it and he hustles to get in on the action...

Back
Top Bottom