1000 yd reciever | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1000 yd reciever

as i said in the other thread, i love CC but i think no.

with Booker (proven probowler) and McMike all stealing catches, there just isn't much to go around when you have a 2500-yard passer at your helm.

If we upgrade our QB, or he has at least 3200 passing yards, it is a possibility.

remember, fiedler had 3200 yards passing in 2k1, and Chambers couldn't hit 1000 even as our #1 WR with less-than-stellar 2nd and 3rd WRs.... so with a probowlers as your #2, i don't see CC breaking 1,000, no...

texasPHINSfan said:
as i said in the other thread, i love CC but i think no.

with Booker (proven probowler) and McMike all stealing catches, there just isn't much to go around when you have a 2500-yard passer at your helm.

If we upgrade our QB, or he has at least 3200 passing yards, it is a possibility.

remember, fiedler had 3200 yards passing in 2k1, and Chambers couldn't hit 1000 even as our #1 WR with less-than-stellar 2nd and 3rd WRs.... so with a probowlers as your #2, i don't see CC breaking 1,000, no...
I disagree I think his chances are better with booker and Mcmike... In 2k1 he was doubled alot.. and now Ds cant do that

Phin_Phan said:
I think Chambers will with an improved AJ (if he starts), but I HIGHLY doubt it that McMike will get 1000, he's no Tony Gonzalez, but he's good.

I'd say McMichael is a better player at his position than Chambers as of now.

Phinsfan1980 said:
I disagree I think his chances are better with booker and Mcmike... In 2k1 he was doubled alot.. and now Ds cant do that
it doesn't matter if jerry rice and randy moss and Terrell Owens are the other receivers... if your offense has no running threat, has only a 2500-passing yard QB, your #1 guy would be hard pressed to get 1,000 yards.

especially in this offense on this team.

Phinsfan1980 said:
How did Feeley let you down so much?:confused:
while the pick that we gave up wasnt his fault and i hated the deal from the get go, i hated it more because i knew that the only reason aj had any success in philly was the same reason that Fiedler had limited success here; the D carried his butt. They dumbed the offense down to screens and a lot of running in AJ's starts there to suit a limited QB. I dont like QB's who's main objective is not to lose a game for you. i want a qb who, when asked, can go win a game for us. i dont even see a hint of that in AJ. Just my humble opinion.

Chris has to be so excited to have Linihan. Linnehan had a running game in Minni they were third best in average about4.5 yrds but 28 in the league in yardage because Linnehan ignored them. We averaged like 2.3 yrds a carry last year, Chris get ready for 1300 yards!!!!!!!!!!

Boik14 said:
while the pick that we gave up wasnt his fault and i hated the deal from the get go, i hated it more because i knew that the only reason aj had any success in philly was the same reason that Fiedler had limited success here; the D carried his butt. They dumbed the offense down to screens and a lot of running in AJ's starts there to suit a limited QB. I dont like QB's who's main objective is not to lose a game for you. i want a qb who, when asked, can go win a game for us. i dont even see a hint of that in AJ. Just my humble opinion.
I agree that giving up a 2nd for his was nuts but I still feel he was progressing as the season went on and I believe he could be good in our new offense.

Phinsfan1980 said:
I agree that giving up a 2nd for his was nuts but I still feel he was progressing as the season went on and I believe he could be good in our new offense.
Hey im a phin fan like you. I hope to god im wrong; i just dont see it this time. :nono:

Dphins said:
Chris has to be so excited to have Linihan. Linnehan had a running game in Minni they were third best in average about4.5 yrds but 28 in the league in yardage because Linnehan ignored them. We averaged like 2.3 yrds a carry last year, Chris get ready for 1300 yards!!!!!!!!!!
you think chambers is going to receive 50% of all the passes from our QB next year? :D

I don't think arround 40% is out of the question but I think he is going to go vertical alot more this year. One 40- 60 yard catch a game will raise numbers substantially. 1300 yards is not out of the realm of possibilty for a reciever of his Caliber.

Back
Top Bottom