11/16 Practice Updates | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

11/16 Practice Updates

This is not looking good. Albert coming back this year is about 20% of him coming back. He's the most important player on that o-line imo. Anyone else gets hurt and we're playing our 7th best guy. I'm also getting the feeling that Xavier is not playing anymore this season which sucks for his development, not to mention we're not very good at corner to start with. Starting to wonder with our luck, do we just barely sneak in to the playoffs but are missing so many keys guys by the time we get there that we get blown away? It seems every year we win some games that didn't mean anything and lose drafting position. This time it seemed to be different but things are getting scary now.

Ozzy rules!!

Let me preface what I'm going to say with this . . . like all Fin fans, I want Miami to win every game and get as deep into the playoffs as possible. That said, if Miami finishes 8-8 with 1-2 OL starters missing, Jones and Howard missing, and the current crew at LB, I'll consider him an impressive HC. I want to see continued play with passion and the execution fans have sen the last 4,

I don't know about anyone else but, regardless of his talents, if Branden Albert misses more than a couple more games this season I am finished with him. I would rather next year Tunsil move to LT and some of Albert's cash going to Ronald Leary. Enough with this nonsense with guys who can never stay healthy.

I agree on tunsil but we are messing with chemistry now and theres no more depth

My biggest concern is Urbik vs Aaron Donald. Pouncey is going to have to help double him all day no matter which side he lines up on. If Quinn is back for this game it makes matters worse. Tough match-up for a rookie LT.

I see Pouncey makes another appearance on the injury report...

Yes, and its the hip again. Albert and Pouncey are just not the long term answers unfortunately. Going to need to find more OL just hopefully they dont have to be RD 1 picks.

My biggest concern is Urbik vs Aaron Donald. Pouncey is going to have to help double him all day no matter which side he lines up on. If Quinn is back for this game it makes matters worse. Tough match-up for a rookie LT.

I see Quinn playing. He is back at the facility. Looks like from what I read they thought he was maybe having a seizure but things seem to check out ok.

Another thing that seems to help that defense and field position is the punter. I couldnt believe my eyes when he hit that 78 yd punt last week

"Albert has a chance to play again this season"

:bobdole:

And THIS folks is why I said from day one that tunsil being played at guard was a big mistake as Albert always gets injured and throwing out tunsil with a few camp snaps at Lt would cost us down the road. Albert was a big time college left guard and sent to the pro bowl at guard his first year in the nfl. Now, tunsil has to learn on the field, mid season and dolphins have a playoff shot and we have to throw tunsil in against a brutal front line and start a tackle at guard.

If tunsil goes out and succeed's, then it's time to leave him at his rightful and future position and Albert can and SHOULD play guard IF he comes back.

if Donald's smart...and he is...he'll go about it like geno atkins went about it...which means he won't enter into the help zone areas and can exploit one on one matchups

Miami let atkins beat us by our scheme I have a feeling we gonna let Donald wreck us the same way

we thought the same thing about help from the pivot vs geno atkins and it didn't happen

and this folks is why i said from day one that tunsil being played at guard was a big mistake as albert always gets injured and throwing out tunsil with a few camp snaps at lt would cost us down the road. Albert was a big time college left guard and sent to the pro bowl at guard his first year in the nfl. Now, tunsil has to learn on the field, mid season and dolphins have a playoff shot and we have to throw tunsil in against a brutal front line and start a tackle at guard.

If tunsil goes out and succeed's, then it's time to leave him at his rightful and future position and albert can and should play guard if he comes back.

ag
"the transition of playing left guard compared to tackle is a lot harder for him. He's comfortable and has done a great job as far as what he's accomplished, and what he's done throughout the season," gase said. "when he [moves] out to left tackle that's like riding a bike for him."

if Donald's smart...and he is...he'll go about it like geno atkins went about it...which means he won't enter into the help zone areas and can exploit one on one matchups

Miami let atkins beat us by our scheme I have a feeling we gonna let Donald wreck us the same way

we thought the same thing about help from the pivot vs geno atkins and it didn't happen

Consider the starters for that game.....

Laremy Tunsil LT
Billy Turner LG
Kraig Urbik C
Jermon Bushrod RG
Ja'Wuan James RT

We were down two top players instead of one and James was still struggling at that time. Urbik was the 3rd man up at center. The running game was not as refined as it is now as well. Guys are a little more comfortable/confident. I know you liked Turner but he was awful in that game.

The problems for Miami’s offense were almost entirely up front, with Bengals linemen Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap dominating the front-five. Center Kraig Urbik was the only member of the offensive line with an above-average overall grade after yielding no pressure in 31 pass blocks, while the rest of the unit combined for 14 pressures, with two more coming from tight end Dion Sims. RB Jay Ajayi was one of the few positives on offense, albeit in a limited role. He forced four missed tackles and gained an average of 5.5 yards on his six carries.

DE Carlos Dunlap and DT Geno Atkins both finished with season-high grades and were constantly in the Dolphins backfield on passing plays. Dunlap compiled seven pressures (two sacks, one hit, four hurries) and batted two of Tannehill’s passes, while Atkins picked up six of his own, including at 11:15 when he beat guard Billy Turner quickly and cleanly inside for a drive-ending sack. The Bengals’ play up front overshadowed some otherwise solid performances in the back-seven, including linebackers Vontaze Burfict and Vincent Rey, who each defensed a pass in coverage and combined to allow just one reception between them.

I think we will fare much better in this game. Donald will still get a sack but he shouldn't wreck the day. Our coaches should have a plan and I'm more confident in them today compared to a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom