12/8 Practice Updates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

12/8 Practice Updates

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Chris Perkins@chrisperk 3m3 minutes ago
WR DeVante Parker, S Isa Abdul-Quddus in gold jerseys. Means don't touch player, same as red jersey.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago Davie, FL
DeVante Parker and Isa Abdul Quddus are in yellow jerseys. That means don't touch them. Gase said players complained about being QB red.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 26s26 seconds ago
Mike Pouncey is not out here. Alonso is, but without a helmet.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 55s55 seconds ago Davie, FL
Jarvis Landry has returned to practice. He had an excused absence yesterday.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 28s28 seconds ago
Dolphins LB Jelani Jenkins is on the bike today during the media portion of practice

A gimpy Parker covered by Patrick Peterson.... I'm not expecting much

Probable gimpy OL again and for the rest of the season

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 36s36 seconds ago Davie, FL
Jelani Jenkins isn't practicing. Not sure that will change at any point this week based on what Vance Joseph said.A gimpy Jenkins isn't good

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 14s15 seconds ago
Dolphins MLB Kiko Alonso (thumb/hamstring) is working on the side with a trainer

My speculation, but I think we've seen the last of Pouncey. At least an effective version.

Same here.. wait you mean this year or forever? Cause its a big question mark going forward to next year also I think.

Same here.. wait you mean this year or forever? Cause its a big question mark going forward to next year also I think.

I think we should move on. Can't pay the guy that much money to be on the bench and just withering away

This team needs Oline, Linebacker, and secondary help in any way it could get it. If we do not focus completely on these 3 areas in free agency and the draft we will not improve. We also need a complimentary RB to Ajayi.

I could not agree more. We could jump up into the top tier of the league if we have a good off season

This team needs Oline, Linebacker, and secondary help in any way it could get it. If we do not focus completely on these 3 areas in free agency and the draft we will not improve. We also need a complimentary RB to Ajayi.

I would trade that for a TE and try and get by with what we have at RB - hey they drafted Drake right? and they 'love" Williams. if they don't resign Sims TE is a definite need (prob still is even if they do).

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

• The Dolphins have needed to go significant stretches of the season without four starters on defense: Reshad Jones (played in six games, out for the year), Koa Misi (played in three games, out for the year), Xavien Howard (played in four games) and linebacker Jelani Jenkins (played 8 of 12).

And Jenkins’ myriad injuries have grown increasingly problematic, the Dolphins said Thursday.

Jenkins didn’t practice Wednesday because of hand and knee injuries. His status for Sunday is in doubt.

As for Howard, Joseph said the rookie cornerback would know after Thursday’s practice whether he will be able to play Sunday. He has missed eight games after knee surgery.

But Joseph said he will be incorporated “slowly.” He’s not coming back as a starter.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article119679683.html#storylink=cpy

I'm counting Alonzo out for Sunday and Howard too. Pouncey I believe could be done for the year and we do need to move on from him. For those who think we'd be "creating a hole" by letting him go, what do you think we have now? We can't count on him to stay healthy. That's a luxery we can't afford and that money would be better served on a healthy player.

Ozzy rules!!

We need backers, someone to man the slot in the nickel defense and youth at the edge. Some secondary help will come when we get Jones and Howard back. Maxwell will serve a solid number two, but we are very weak and need someone who can play inside in the nickel. A couple of players I like in this draft, but we are looking at someone who may be out of our range in round 2. As far as finding a backer, this draft is very deep. I can think of 4 guys who I feel can come in day one and take over as a starter and develop into a high-level player. It would mean moving Kiko to the weak side, but that could be advantageous as well as he is a high-end athlete with good instincts. Some names to consider; Foster, Walker, Cunningham, McMillian are all three players who would be impact players.

Zactly. Not that other positions can't be upgraded, but those 3 should be top of everyone's list. Everyone can add their favorite 4th position, but I think 4 significant upgrades in one off-season is, reasonably, the best anyone can expect. I like teh practice updates, but tiring of seeing a list of walking wounded. Seems like 8-10 starters a week are limited in some way.

i hope pounce can recover completely.

if he can't, unfortunately, center jumps to near the top of my needs list for this team.

i have no interest in a line of top level talent (Albert and Tunsil), and good talent (Bushrod and James), with journeyman center (steen, urbik, ruddy, weidner, uhlenhake, et. al.).

Pouncey's ability to call the protections, and get out and block on the second level, transforms this unit into something special.

I wish PFF could calculate "drop off" stats. Not just look at Steen and see how he grades out on a given Sunday, but compare what he did on each play versus what Pouncey would have done on the same play.

Has the CB that they have been raving about from the PS squad played a game yet? The one from Pittsburgh(college) I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Guards, 2 LBs, DE, etc.

Listing Miami's needs is reminiscent of Groundhog day.

tumblr_nhu0tzFZk11qzzhjgo1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom