12 players you'd like in the 3rd round?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

12 players you'd like in the 3rd round??

phinfan_1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here's a list of 12 players I wouldn't mind us taking in the 3rd round:

OT - Daryn Colledge, Boise St. - Great technician, great pass blocker. Very athletic.
OT - Jeremy Trueblood, Boston college - if he's still there he'd be a great pick, nasty player who never gives up on a play. Be great at RT.
WR - Jason Avant, Michigan - Awesome route runner, can get open. Would fit in nicely with Chambers and Booker.
OG - Rob Sims, Ohio State - Great feet, never looks off balance, smart player, can recognize his assignment quickly.
Great at the 2nd level.
DE - Parys Haralson, Tennessee - One of my favorite college players. Awesome pass rusher, reacts quickly to plays, makes plays all over the field. Could play OLB in 3-4 D.
DT - John McCargo, N.C. State - Another one of my favorite players. This guys got the best feet of any DT in the draft. Very, very quick. Can get in the backfield. Could play anywhere on the D-line.
DT - Jesse Mahelona, Tennessee - Could be an awesome player with some coaching. Could play DT or End in 3-4 D.
OLB - John Alston, Stanford - Very Quick feet, could be awesome.
CB - Cedric Griffin, Texas.
CB - Richard Marshall, Fresno State - If he's still there?
S - Daniel Bullocks, Nebraska.
S - Pat Watkins, Florida State.

What do you think?
What are yours?

phinfan_1 said:

OT - Daryn Colledge, Boise St. - On my list
OT - Jeremy Trueblood, Boston college - not a great athlete and very stiff in the hips...worse version of Todd Wade IMO.
WR - Jason Avant, Michigan - Hnads of stone and only average speed.
OG - Rob Sims, Ohio State - On my list
DE - Parys Haralson, Tennessee - Too small at 250-255 to play inside and barely 6-1, short for the outside, decent player but physically limited.
DT - John McCargo, N.C. State - Plays great in space and very very average at point.
DT - Jesse Mahelona, Tennessee - Barely 6 feet, no way he plays end. NT only.
OLB - John Alston, Stanford - 215 or so,,,small but very fast and quick, not a good fit for our D IMO.
CB - Cedric Griffin, Texas.-On my list
CB - Richard Marshall, Fresno State - Won't be there IMO...love him though.
S - Daniel Bullocks, Nebraska.-Good player.
S - Pat Watkins, Florida State.-On my list.

What are yours?

OT - Daryn Colledge, Boise St. - Great technician, great pass blocker. Very athletic.

OG - Rob Sims, Ohio State - Great feet, never looks off balance, smart player, can recognize his assignment quickly.
Great at the 2nd level.

QB Charlie Whitehurst: Been discussed nuff....
OT Chris Chester:Athletic former TE that is still developing and showed decent playing strength, big upside.
CB/S Roman Harper: Solid and underrated.
OT Jeramy Clary:Another athletic down the line tackle.
WR Brandon Marshall: Discussed nuff...
OT Zach Strief:Fairly athletic bulldog type guy.
C Greg Eslinger:Dropping because??????
C Mike Degory: Needs to be more explosive but is capable...reminds me of Jeff Uhlenhake...remember him?????

phinfan_1 said:

OT - Jeremy Trueblood, Boston college - if he's still there he'd be a great pick, nasty player who never gives up on a play. Be great at RT.
WR - Jason Avant, Michigan - Awesome route runner, can get open. Would fit in nicely with Chambers and Booker.
Great at the 2nd level.
DE - Parys Haralson, Tennessee - One of my favorite college players. Awesome pass rusher, reacts quickly to plays, makes plays all over the field. Could play OLB in 3-4 D.
DT - John McCargo, N.C. State - Another one of my favorite players. This guys got the best feet of any DT in the draft. Very, very quick. Can get in the backfield. Could play anywhere on the D-line.
DT - Jesse Mahelona, Tennessee - Could be an awesome player with some coaching. Could play DT or End in 3-4 D.

What do you think?
What are yours?

Nice list. I think Griffin and Watkins would top this group for me, mostly because cb/s is an area of need and those two can play. I'd add Omar Jacobs as a 3rd rounder and nice developmental qb. I'd add Orr, Hester and Jackson, the NT from Alabama, as late 3rd/4th rounders.

my 2 cents said:
OT - C Greg Eslinger:Dropping because??????

I think he is viewed as not physical enough and maybe lacks the build to get much bigger/stronger. Like him, though.

my 2 cents said:

Great at the 2nd level.

QB Charlie Whitehurst: Been discussed nuff....
OT Chris Chester:Athletic former TE that is still developing and showed decent playing strength, big upside.
CB/S Roman Harper: Solid and underrated.
OT Jeramy Clary:Another athletic down the line tackle.
WR Brandon Marshall: Discussed nuff...
OT Zach Strief:Fairly athletic bulldog type guy.
C Greg Eslinger:Dropping because??????
C Mike Degory: Needs to be more explosive but is capable...reminds me of Jeff Uhlenhake...remember him?????
I think Griffin,Simms,Chester and Eslinger could go in the 2nd round...not saying they will but they can go in the 2nd.I like the group tho

Ozzy rules!!

Saban's LSU Players

Look for Saban looking at some of his former LSU players in the 3rd/4th round.
LSU's defense shutdown the Hurricanes in the Bowl game and they looked fast.

DE
Melvin Oliver 6-3 276

DT
Kyle Williams 6-1 299

OLB
Cameron Vaugh 6-3 235

There's also an offensive gaurd that we could look at from LSU

OG
Nate Livings 6-4 309

Just a suggestion, Saban did good with drafting Travis Daniels, so maybe he is looking at his former players again.

Not nescessarily in this order:

1) AJ Nicholson OLB Florida State
2) Kyle WIlliams DT LSU
3) Kelly Jennings CB Miami
4) Pat Watkins S Florida State
5) Claude Wrotten DT LSU
6) Demario Minter CB Georgia
7) Roger McIntosh OLB Miami
8) Cedric Griffin CB Texas
9) Maurice Stovall WR Notre Dame
10) Maurice Drew RB UCLA
11) Daryn COlledge OT Boise State
12) Andrew Whitworth OT LSU

Cedric Griffin would be a great pick in the 3rd round IMO.
Jason Avant would be great if he is still available.
Pat Watkins could be gone by the second round.

Mike
www.NeuPowerDraft.com
:dolphins:

phinfan_1 said:

Great at the 2nd level.

What do you think?
What are yours?

beejay05 said:
Not nescessarily in this order:

1) AJ Nicholson OLB Florida State
2) Kyle WIlliams DT LSU
3) Kelly Jennings CB Miami
4) Pat Watkins S Florida State
5) Claude Wrotten DT LSU
6) Demario Minter CB Georgia
7) Roger McIntosh OLB Miami
8) Cedric Griffin CB Texas
9) Maurice Stovall WR Notre Dame
10) Maurice Drew RB UCLA
11) Daryn COlledge OT Boise State
12) Andrew Whitworth OT LSU

I'm curious of the Maurice Drew pick. I like him as an athlete but I would be pissed if we picked a RB with our 3rd pick. He's a nice return guy but we have wes and now campbell so i dont really see a need there. Alot of these guys would be miracles to fall and would love to have alot of them.

How about WR Johnathon Orr from Wisconsin? Could be the next Chambers. Hasn't got great stats because Wisconsin has a run oriented offense. Could be a steal like Chambers was.

Orr (6-1 5/8, 196 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.41 and 4.41. He also had a 39-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-8 broad jump, 4.29 short shuttle, 11.19 long shuttle and 7.07 three-cone drill.

Strengths:
Has good size and a solid frame...Excellent timed speed...Can really stretch a field vertically...Athletic and is a good leaper...Has good hands and will catch the ball away from his body...Runs well after the catch...Has good ball skills...Still has a lot of potential and might have been underutilized in the Badgers run-first offense.

Weaknesses:
Was not nearly as productive as you would expect a player with his abilities to be...Does not play as fast as he times...Has a tough time getting open...Needs to get stronger...Is not a great blocker...Struggles to read defensive coverages.

now alston has really started to intrigue me... cause i know he played safety at like 212 his senior year, but i didn't realize he got up to like 225 and hes strong as hell putting up the bench i think 30 times, while still running a 4.4 and doing great in all the other drills, with an 11 foot broad jump, which is crazy i think tied for best at the combine, plus a 40 inch verticle... physically did excellent at the combine...

i know he might not have the linebacker instincts yet, but hes got safety type coverage, which is a plus...

i dont know what round hes really projected to go though... but i would'nt be mad with getting him

Ludacris said:
How about WR Johnathon Orr from Wisconsin? Could be the next Chambers. Hasn't got great stats because Wisconsin has a run oriented offense. Could be a steal like Chambers was.

Orr (6-1 5/8, 196 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.41 and 4.41. He also had a 39-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-8 broad jump, 4.29 short shuttle, 11.19 long shuttle and 7.07 three-cone drill.
You can update his 40 time because he ran a 4.24 at his Pro Day.

Back
Top Bottom