12 players you'd like in the 3rd round?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

12 players you'd like in the 3rd round??

Watkins and Marshall are 2nd rounders IMO.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
Nice list. I think Griffin and Watkins would top this group for me, mostly because cb/s is an area of need and those two can play. I'd add Omar Jacobs as a 3rd rounder and nice developmental qb. I'd add Orr, Hester and Jackson, the NT from Alabama, as late 3rd/4th rounders.
SF Dolphin Fan, did you mean T.J. Jackson from Auburn?

I like Cedric Griffin, I think he is going to be a steal in the draft. The guy knows how to play and hit.

arsenal said:
now alston has really started to intrigue me... cause i know he played safety at like 212 his senior year, but i didn't realize he got up to like 225 and hes strong as hell putting up the bench i think 30 times, while still running a 4.4 and doing great in all the other drills, with an 11 foot broad jump, which is crazy i think tied for best at the combine, plus a 40 inch verticle... physically did excellent at the combine...

i know he might not have the linebacker instincts yet, but hes got safety type coverage, which is a plus...

i dont know what round hes really projected to go though... but i would'nt be mad with getting him
I agree....Alston was projected to go in the 4th but with his great combine workout he has moved up to the 3rd. And he's good at getting to the QB.

Ludacris said:
How about WR Johnathon Orr from Wisconsin? Could be the next Chambers. Hasn't got great stats because Wisconsin has a run oriented offense. Could be a steal like Chambers was.

Orr (6-1 5/8, 196 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.41 and 4.41. He also had a 39-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-8 broad jump, 4.29 short shuttle, 11.19 long shuttle and 7.07 three-cone drill.

Strengths:
Has good size and a solid frame...Excellent timed speed...Can really stretch a field vertically...Athletic and is a good leaper...Has good hands and will catch the ball away from his body...Runs well after the catch...Has good ball skills...Still has a lot of potential and might have been underutilized in the Badgers run-first offense.

Weaknesses:
Was not nearly as productive as you would expect a player with his abilities to be...Does not play as fast as he times...Has a tough time getting open...Needs to get stronger...Is not a great blocker...Struggles to read defensive coverages.

He is definitely an intriguing guy and could definitely be a steal. Miami does need another wr and I think there could be some great mid-round steals at this position.

Back
Top Bottom