13 carries | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

13 carries

Agree he needs more carries, but

he wanted more 1st down passes. Additionally, he needs more space in the box with our pathetic line. That means the D must see a QB go deep with some regularity. Another reason BG gives us the best shot. I do not want to start a QB thread (again). We have had too much already. We should sit and wait for our fearless leader to make the call and back the QB who starts. An army divided cannot stand.

Wanny already said that Griese will start on Sunday against the Titans.

I have already done my rant on this topic, but I will throw in my $0.02 anyway. The problem was not with the passing, but rather with the play selection. Missing on 8 of 13 passes killed drives. Calling higher % plays to help Griese get comfortable would have helped. Abandoning the run in the 2nd half was not necessary. Even on the last two drives, there was enough time on the clock to call a few running plays.

And for those who say 'the more throws a QB gets, the more he gets in rhythm', isn't it the same for a RB?

Her's the problem. Teams are going to dare Miami to pass whether its Griese or Fiedler playing QB. Until they can prove they can protect the passer and score some points RICKY WILL NOT DO SQUAT.

Originally posted by dean_siu
We haven't been giving the ball to Ricky enough all season long (outside of the Bills game where he may have been overused)....Ricky needs a minimum of 25 carries every game or he's going to be ineffective. Thats been the story of his career and I don't understand why our idiotic coaches can't see this!

That is because our idiotic coached can not figure out how to break him out!

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Our best Offensive player gets 13 carries.

Screw the QB and passing situation.

We have lost our identity.

I believe you meant to say "We've had our identity taken from us."

Ricky was not getting any holes and was not running well yesterday.

Do you really blame the coaches?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
Her's the problem. Teams are going to dare Miami to pass whether its Griese or Fiedler playing QB. Until they can prove they can protect the passer and score some points RICKY WILL NOT DO SQUAT.

I would add 'consistently' to the protection statement. On the occasions when protection was given, the results were big plays.

Well consider this, if Ricky gets the ball on second and 8 with the game on the line yesterday, Griese never gets leveled and never fumbles the ball away. Granted, Ricky could have done the same thing, but I agree with the original poster, Ricky should get more than 13 carries in a game. Even if we are passing the heck out of the ball.

Yes and get one yard.:confused:

One yar would have been better than a fumble going the other way. Wouldn't you agree? It would have given us another down to try and get a first or more instead of watching Peyton drop to one knee and finish the game. It seems to me that Wanny doesn't like to go to Ricky with the game on the line, be it us coming back (yesterday) or maintaining a lead (New England last year). I am not saying the playcalling was the absolute thing to blame, but it sure didn't help matters yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom