16-year-old Scout Evaluates Dion Jordan | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

16-year-old Scout Evaluates Dion Jordan

There was a lot of hate directed at anybody that did not agree with the pick. It was akin to are you stupid this guy is a stud.

I was just thinking about this thread the other day. It's a sad day to eat crow, and tbh most of us should've started eating crow on this in 2013.

I was just thinking about this thread the other day. It's a sad day to eat crow, and tbh most of us should've started eating crow on this in 2013.

We as a fanbase were excited because it wasn't the typical Jeff Ireland move. Moving up to #3 thinking we were drafting cornfed to select a wild card completely off the radar. Of course, in hindsight, it WAS a typical Jeff Ireland move.

jordan, being a rare physical freak, is one of those guys that can end up nowhere or everywhere. It really just depends on how smart his coaches are. He does carry some risk, which you can choose to be optimistic or pessimistic about. If sparano and staff were here, and tried to shoehorn jordan into a particular role he's not well-suited for, i think there's a good chance he might bust.

philbin and coyle are much more forward-thinking, and will be able to carve out the right roles to maximize this kid's potential, which is why i'm not worried. they will move him around and maximize the disruption he causes. But i do understand where some folks (er...scouts?) might have concerns.

oops!

I hated the pick when it happened, but reading this board made me more comfortable with the pick. He was compared to Jason Taylor and I was all in. I loved Jason Taylor, but I guess this goes to show that I should have just stayed with my original opinion. At least we didn't give up too much to go get him and we solidified the tackle spot that I wanted them to go get in that first round. I wanted Lane Johnson, but if I remember correctly he was suspended last year for a banned substance. Oh well, F Jeff.

Wow, if we sum up all of the good vs bad moves JI accomplished with this team we could publish a best selling book on what not to do as a gm. He is up there with the worst of them, what a pathetic job.

I hated the pick as well at the time but started drinking the juice as soon as I started seeing Jordan in that Jason Taylor light. I just could't get over how we had such a glaring weakness in the OL and we didn't address it with Lane Johnson. But I bought in because Jordan had tremendous potential. Unfortunately when you are selecting that high in the draft you should never select based upon potential but rather with the knowledge your getting a good football player.

WildBill and Nublar should do the right thing and allow this thread to be nominated for thread of the year 2 years later since they jumped right in page 1 to smash it. Or "Eat Crow Of The Year"? That is about all that is left of the rancid Tuna stinch and Ireland trash thankfully!

I still can't believe we got nothing out of the guy.... Not even 1 good season.

WildBill and Nublar should do the right thing and allow this thread to be nominated for thread of the year 2 years later since they jumped right in page 1 to smash it. Or "Eat Crow Of The Year"? That is about all that is left of the rancid Tuna stinch and Ireland trash thankfully!

Maybe so and I could dig loads of your posts out of the archives that were totally wrong as well. You have three types of people here on Finheaven 1) Those who gloat about past success 2) Those who relish past failure and 3) those who just move along and deal with the now.

I'll just move along and worry about what this team is doing now.

Scary how right this kid was......while I was doing back flips for the pick. Just shows how much we (GMs and coaches) really know about a players success in the NFL.

Eating crow; the kid was spot on, I was dead wrong by placing my faith in the collective "wisdom" of Ireland and Philbin.

i'm not eating crow...dion jordan wasnt even on my board for miami...just like all these 34 olbs in this class that would be misfits in our d

i'm not eating crow...dion jordan wasnt even on my board for miami...just like all these 34 olbs in this class that would be misfits in our d
It was a shocker trading up and taking Dion for sure. I was like... "What?"
I assumed they knew what they were doing. Drag.

raw

Back
Top Bottom