16-year-old Scout Evaluates Dion Jordan | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

16-year-old Scout Evaluates Dion Jordan

[video=youtube;571BuZeeQjE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=571BuZeeQjE[/video]

lololol i wasnt on this site at the time i dont think but this thread is hilarious. Its soo funny how the "most knowledgeable" posters on this site destroyed anyone who thought dion wasnt jason. Now its oh well my bad shouldnt have listened to jeff lets focus on the here and now.

it must really kill egos when you think your super mega evaluator 3000 and turn out to be jeff ireland reincarnate.

lololol i wasnt on this site at the time i dont think but this thread is hilarious. Its soo funny how the "most knowledgeable" posters on this site destroyed anyone who thought dion wasnt jason. Now its oh well my bad shouldnt have listened to jeff lets focus on the here and now.

it must really kill egos when you think your super mega evaluator 3000 and turn out to be jeff ireland reincarnate.

I've been on this site long enough to know you don't go against the popular consensus without expecting to get blasted. Some arguments are not worth starting. You'll see on page 9 of this thread where I said I didn't like the pick and I put that as mildly as I could because I didn't feel like putting in the effort to argue the point. As I've said before I told a friend of mine who's a Browns fan that Jordan was the most overrated player in the draft and he only asked me cause he had heard rumors that the Browns were going to take him in the draft.

The Jordan pick is what it is...biggest bust in Dolphins franchise history. I'm moving on...Jordan will never play another game in a Dolphins uniform. Dolphins were already set to trade him as it was...now he's just going to get cut when the new league year begins in 2016 or sooner.

It's really sad that a 16 year old "out-scouted" our entire scouting department and our coaching staff.

I remember when someone mocked (forget who) Jordon to us on one of their mocks. I watched some tape of him and didn't really get what the fuss was about. I came on here on the draft boards and asked if people could educate me on what makes him a good pick. CKParrot responded with a breakdown of his abilities and was really really high on him, thought he would be a great pick. I bowed to his better judgement, I don't pretend to be any great elevaluator and CK was of the best at breaking down these guys on this boards. I think he also said that OV was just keeping the DE spot warm for Jordan and he would be off the team in a couple of years after his rookie season.
Don't mean to bag on CK here, even the best can get these evaluations wrong, there are some many moving factors, who would have thought Jordon had a brain the size of a pea ?

oh well we're not the first nor last team to miss on a top 3 pick

crow.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

crow.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

crow.jpg

tasty!!!

Thread of the Year? Naaa. This is the Thread of the Decade!
mackenzie45220 nailed it and showed class and maturity in the face of a good amount of abuse from some people here who should be a bit ashamed of themselves for how they spoke to him and about him. I'm not talking about those who simply disagreed with him; I'm referring to those who ridiculed him for being 16 and having the audacity to think he knew something. The kid knew what he was talking about.

FWIW, I searched around to see if he'd written anything about this years crop but I couldn't find anything. Maybe college is keeping him busy.

look i get what you are saying about dion jordan to some extent...but to just say that his height is an issue at that arm length makes no sense...if anything that 248 lbs at 6 ft 6 plus plays against him as much as anything...it's the weight that will hurt him as an every down de...i see it like mayock does...as a 265 lber he can be a dominant 43 de...at 248 he's a situational rusher and package specific player...yeah i agree with you that his pass rush is raw as can be...at this point it pretty much all relies around the outside speed rush and running around guys on the edge...but you are kidding yourself if you think that he doesn't possess elite rush tools from a get off the ball first step quickness (not how long it takes him to get off the ball but when he actually does fire off he has elite burst with his first step) and rediculous athleticism...his rush loses luster after that first step in some regards cause he's not a great counter rusher and doesn't possess much arsenal but his burst on the edge and length and hips and cod all point to in time him developing into a high end rusher...the more weight he gains the better off he will be though when it comes to facing tackles...but he does possess the edge rush tools that tackles must always account for...his rush needs polish but that speed on the edge opens up a variety of things for him as he develops his rush arsenal...

ideally off what i saw in college he was a plug and play 34 olb...i saw him struggle with te's in line at times in the run game...was the shoulder an issue then??? i don't know...but he wasn't a bull he wasn't a power player he was awful finesse and physical gifts with frightening ability to close on the target...i didn't have him on my miami targets list cause i figured he wasn't a fit for us other than as a situational rusher and the height bothered me on that weight in a 43...i preferred barkevious mingo who is much more polished a pass rusher at this stage and imo a more effective 3 point stance edge rusher...although i knew in a 43 mingo would be more situational rusher than anything else early on at least...he doesn't have jordans height and frame to add weight like jordan does although they both are thin torsoed players...

if miami plans to use jordan as a plug and play every down de he's gonna wear a target in the run game i would run downhill at him as much as possible like teams ran at the seahawks with bruce irvin once chris clemons went down last postseason even though i view irvin as more a liability than jordan at this stage...but it doesn't sound like that is the plan...

jordans got rush tools and movement skills (cod and hips of a high pick corner at the combine and that's no joke) to be a very effective situational rusher in the short term and with added weight gain and work on technique a top level 43 de...this pick isn't about what he is now but about what he will be in 2 years...and with added weight gain and technique work i think he'll be a monster

well i guess i should eat crow for this...i figured he'd carry the weight better than he showed...scraped the athlete in the process of the weight gain making him as a de essentially derrick shelby level athlete off the edge...something you can find pretty easily in that regard...that damn thin torso

fair enough

Yep going back some of finheavens finest killed the kid (some mods). Not many in here eating it though.

Back
Top Bottom