16-year-old Scout Evaluates Dion Jordan | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

16-year-old Scout Evaluates Dion Jordan

keep_calm_and_turn_the_page_postcard-ra87a16ef8fd24af48cd47a7c98d58fee_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

I don't think arm length has anything to do with his drug problem.

or even his lack of ability to be a good player. He was way overrated on his part time play at Oregon. Decent prospect but should have never been looked at as a 3rd overall pick in any draft

Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
Thread of the Year? Naaa. This is the Thread of the Decade!
mackenzie45220 nailed it and showed class and maturity in the face of a good amount of abuse from some people here who should be a bit ashamed of themselves for how they spoke to him and about him. I'm not talking about those who simply disagreed with him; I'm referring to those who ridiculed him for being 16 and having the audacity to think he knew something. The kid knew what he was talking about.

FWIW, I searched around to see if he'd written anything about this years crop but I couldn't find anything. Maybe college is keeping him busy.

i totally agree to what you wrote above here. i never saw this write up or thread until today. this is a 16 year old kid who actually put his time in to watch film, and look into things to obtain his own thoughts and perspective on a prospect. he wrote it up very well too.... and we then have adults here destroying the kids opinion, ridiculing and not even discussing his thoughts, or comparing his thoughts to their own but just swearing and saying junk at him for no reason. not right.... not mature.

good for this kid nailing it too... once again props to him and i wonder if he lands a job scouting in the NFL somewhere.

The drug issue is why he's suspended and why Jordan's days with the Fins are likely over, but I don't think his drug issue is the reason he rarely played. We can all come up our own opinions as to why Jordan, even when he was healthy and not on suspension, couldn't secure a starting job and had trouble even getting onto the field. Likely there are numerous causes at play and there's no way to prove which factored in and which didn't. However, the people who were arguing with the kid about arm length over-exaggerated the importance of the issue in order to mock the kid because they were convinced that Jordan was a future star and this kid was dead wrong in questioning those predictions.. In the end, the kid was dead on about the bigger issue: whether Jordan could be a force at the pro level.

I don't start many threads anymore but my average views per thread has climbed nicely, thanks to this one.

That may be Dion Jordan's greatest accomplishment.

I noticed that the thread now holds 2 stars. Previously it was 1, if I remember correctly. Pretty soon maybe we can boost it to 3, to match the number of career sacks.

Yeah, as others have mentioned I haven't seen any draft input from mackenzie this year. I kept the bookmark and checked a few times. I'm sure he is doing well regardless of his pursuit. Great perspective.

One reason I didn't have any qualms about posting a link from a 16 year old is that I was 16 years old long after the Dolphins' Super Bowl wins were in the distance. The memories I've posted here and elsewhere regarding that period are from my elementary school and junior high years. My friends and I knew plenty from an early age. The local media and residents were fixated on the Dolphins, with overflowing amount of information. I've never understood why younger posters are doubted here. Years ago I remember a 14 year old encountering some grief, basically told to come back in a few years. As always, I prefer prodigies not late blooming overachieving stiffs.

it doesnt...guys that test like he did always get drafted high especially when they lead the edge rusher group in things like 40 and 3 cone and long jump and have those kind of measurables and look like a high pick db feet fluidity and hips wise...other than drug issue his biggest problem was he was drafted for the wrong scheme from the get go

this boards funny though...they find one thing to get after people about who actually put in the time to put their necks out there and then if it falls thru like they knew it was fools gold all along...please...there's more fence sitters and hindsight 20/20 posers on this board than you could count

although i will say you got one major contributor in this thread avoiding it like the plague who you'll be dead and buried before he admits he was wrong on something...

one things for sure though...if you are gonna carry yourself as an authority on something you have to be able to accept criticism when it doesnt pan out...some people need to learn that lesson instead of try and spin it...the ones that dont i don't place any credibility in

nor do i place any in those that tthrow out 5000 things and hope one sticks so they can say i told you so

Last edited by a moderator:
although i will say you got one major contributor in this thread avoiding it like the plague who you'll be dead and buried before he admits he was wrong on something...

Perhaps he likes his crow a bit more well done. Or perhaps there's a code amongst certain birds where one won't eat certain other birds.

there's more fence sitters and hindsight 20/20 posers on this board than you could count

Fence sitters and hindsighters don't bother me. A lot of folks just don't watch these players enough at the college level to be able to make a pronouncement one way or the other, and that's fine by me.

The guys who are never wrong -- except when they actually are, and they don't talk about that -- are the ones that should get on your nerves. :lol:

Hey, it's the original writer of the scouting report. Hope you guys are doing well, congrats on getting rid of Philbin. I was just looking back at this because I was bored... I noticed a few people mentioned they have looked for my writing and haven't found it... I'm at The University of Chicago, just too busy to keep doing the proper research necessary to scout the NFL draft and have informed opinions. However, if you want to get an approximation of how I would feel about a prospect, I would recommend using Pro Football Focus. The last draft I scouted was 2014, the first draft that Pro Football Focus was 2015. However, when I scouted in 2014, in addition to scouting all of the upperclassmen, I scouted somewhat prominent underclassmen that had a reasonable chance of entering the draft, just so I wouldn't have to watch the film twice if they did enter the draft. There was one underclassmen from the 2014 NFL draft class that I had pegged as one of the 5 most underrated prospects I have ever seen... Stanford DE Henry Anderson. I would have drafted him in the middle of the first round in 2014. I loved him. But he didn't enter the draft in 2014... so Pro Football Focus scouted him when he was drafted in 2015. And Pro Football Focus completely fell in love with him. It's not a huge sample size, but Pro Football Focus and I had an identical opinion of Henry Anderson that was a mile away from the consensus. There's a reasonable chance we scout football from a similar lens. So if you want to know how I might have felt about a prospect... try Pro Football Focus.

Good luck, great school. Impressive kid - you're going to be a fantastic analytical mind in the future. For my sake, please skip law. The more idiots in my profession, the easier it is for me!

Even though people will give you flak for being young (trust me I'm always talking to older people about things and they always bring up my age), stick with what you're doing. It's nice seeing people with passion and goals. I'm in college myself. You're a smart dude. Good luck with everything!

I'm sure most people aren't so high on Dion Jordan anymore lol.

You know who's still high on Dion Jordan? Dion Jordan.

Well, cya.

Back
Top Bottom