1st amendmetn isn't too big to the mod | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st amendmetn isn't too big to the mod

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
just a side note....

canada actually has LESS cencorship than america.....sorry jason in la....haha but why didn't you use iraq or the sudan as an example of no freedom of speech? or even cuba!!!

That is not true. They banned the Tom Lykis show just because they didn't like his and his callers opinions. Canada does not have free speech

Actually, "free speech" doesn't even necessarily entitle you to scream in the streets. While the 1st Amendment pertains to government actions and citizen speech, it is a settled principle of jurisprudence that the government can regulate time, place, and manner. So, even if this were a government Web site, posters still wouldn't enjoy unbridled freedom to post anything that crossed their minds and exited their fingertips.

Personally, I'm all for open exchanges of opinions, but anyone who has frequented other boards will know that a few loud and active voices can dismantle the whole atmosphere of discussion. That's why I generally like this board. Idiots aren't allowed to ruin it for everyone.

For the job that they do... the patience and diplomacy they show... and the good judgment they exhibit, making this such a great site:

I'd take a bullet for any admin, mod or mentor here. And you too, 87.

:m83: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom