1st round pass rusher has to be pick! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st round pass rusher has to be pick!

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
In my mind there are 3 primary positions in NFL...QB, DE & LT.....in that order.

We have our QB and no matter what anyone says about Jake Long he is still a very good Left Tackle.

I love Cameron Wake but we need a threat opposite him. If we can get a legitimate pass rusher to play opposite him and rotate with Vernon, it would allow Odrick to move inside and rotate with Soliai & Starks.

A rotation of Starks, Soliai & Odrick together with Wake, Vernon and Werner/Moore/Montgomery would be amongst the best in NFL.

With a couple of WR's & CB's thereafter, in my mind would be the ideal draft!

Question, if this is such a deep draft in quality pass rushers, assuming we pick early, should´nt we focus on positions of need which are not so deep, in order to maximize the priviledge of picking early?? Example, pick the best CB available, and with our 1st 2nd rounder, best pass rusher available, then WR?? Whereas, picking a CB 2nd or 3rd round, might be such a drop-off, that it could be considered a 4th round talent in other drafts... My choice? Trade back anyways, from the teens, to the twenties, and pick an extra 2nd-3rd...we have way too many needs!!

It's also the strength of this years' draft. I personally think Miami needs to add two pass rushers, one ideally with the #1 pick. It's the only way to really compete with the Patriots who have owned the division for far too long. Attack Brady all day long with a relentless pass rush and you've got a good chance to win. Miami can concentrate of wr's and the secondary after that.

BPA....I've bought into the draft for need over talent as you approach the draft. Fill holes. Not anymore. You draft the best player on the board unless it's a QB or lineman.

Forget need . . . I mean we can still field a football team w/o reaching for a need. This team has lacked "overall" talent for years. No playmakers and very few high quality athletes.

The only positions I would personally rule out early is QB (Tannehill), OL (ZBS guys are usually easier to find . . . can be had later) and DT (We have Starks and Soliai and even if Starks goes elsewhere Odrick is a natural 4-3 DT . . . plus Tony McDaniel could be a cheap backup come the offseason) . . . yea the 2 beefy positions. We need better athletes. CB, S, LB, DE, TE, WR, RB all on the table for me and I don't care which way we go as long as we take the best player at the time.

Reactions: MD
we need to get at least 1 of the top 4 wr's in this draft someway somehow. even if that means trading back into the first to do so. im for drafting a DE early and it looks like the best two pass rushes available at the time we pick will be either dion jordan or werner. moore is a beast but it looks like he might go top 10.

we need to get at least 1 of the top 4 wr's in this draft someway somehow. even if that means trading back into the first to do so. im for drafting a DE early and it looks like the best two pass rushes available at the time we pick will be either dion jordan or werner. moore is a beast but it looks like he might go top 10.

I believe Free Agency comes first, so we may address WR then . . . atleast to the degree that our hand is not forced to reach for a WR. I tend to agree that if the stars aligned correctly, I'd hope for a pass rusher with that first pick and comeback with a CB/WR combo in round 2.

Our front 7 is fine.

What we really need is an elite WR and an elite CB. An upgrade over safety Chris Clemons would also be good.

bjoern werner is the perfect way to start this draft unless we end up winning enough games to take him out of the conversation.

I like werner, than either of the tennesee or clemson WR's with the first second rounder. I am also not against doubling up on positions, I'd really like to take a mid round flyer on werners team mate tank carradine... than we would have a very good arsenal of pass rushers.

I'd take the double up on the WR's as well, with a guy like swope later in the draft. try to find a CB, TE, OG, LB in any order however the board falls.

werner is key IMO...

bjoern werner is the perfect way to start this draft unless we end up winning enough games to take him out of the conversation.

I like werner, than either of the tennesee or clemson WR's with the first second rounder. I am also not against doubling up on positions, I'd really like to take a mid round flyer on werners team mate tank carradine... than we would have a very good arsenal of pass rushers.

I'd take the double up on the WR's as well, with a guy like swope later in the draft. try to find a CB, TE, OG, LB in any order however the board falls.

werner is key IMO...

I agree, it would be a hell of a way to start your draft. I really wish the NFL did Free Agency after the draft so teams wouldnt discard positions in the draft because of voids they filled in FA.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

I agree, it would be a hell of a way to start your draft. I really wish the NFL did Free Agency after the draft so teams wouldnt discard positions in the draft because of voids they filled in FA.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

I agree although I think our chances of drafting a rusher with our first rounder increase dramatically if we sign a free agent WR. I would like to see them sign someone, and draft werner than snag up de andre hopkins with our 2a pick...

My ideal draft would go something like
1. werner
2a. DeAndre Hopkins
2b. jonathon cooper
3a. tank carradine
3b. zach ertz
4. mike james if he's around still and we don't reup with reggie.

swope hopefully in the fifth. My only problem with that is I fail to slot in a CB anywhere that makes sense from who I think will be available and who I have to pick them over...

i have my heart set on werner, but I'll be happy with an edge rusher like moore, or mingo... I think we are in a bit of a pickle of those three are gone and keenan allen is sitting there, than I have to change EVERYTHING!!!!

Our front 7 is fine.

What we really need is an elite WR and an elite CB. An upgrade over safety Chris Clemons would also be good.
I like our front 7 moreso as run stoppers. Besides Wake we don't have anyone that puts the fear in opposing quarterbacks, though. I really think that is the key to this draft. We can compete with NE if we can constantly pressure Tom Brady. As our team sits now, we can't do that. Obviously, we need to add receivers and find some offensive firepower to help Ryan Tannehill as well.

werner is key IMO...
I'm going to hire you as GM because I also think that's the perfect scenario. If we could somehow fit in Chase Thomas and still get the receiver and corner along with Werner and Carradine that would be a championship type draft.

Back
Top Bottom