1st round pick- i know its early but just wanted all of your thoughts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st round pick- i know its early but just wanted all of your thoughts

we need a olb willis from ole miss is great and buster davis will be a good player, but he is more of a ilb can the guy from michagan play olb? he looks like a stud, what about jarrett wr from usc?

I really don't see us pick a player for our secondary in the first round. I'm willing to bet it will be either OL or LB in the first round depending on where we are picking and who's available. We need a pass rushing LB and a young MLB. Another first day pick will be spent on a DT, hopefully on Okoye from Louisville. 6'2" 317 lbs and he's only a 19 year old senior. He's still developing physically and will become a monster on the DL.

Who knows if Manny Wright will ever wear a Dolphin uniform again and it sounds like they are trying Rod Wright at DE instead of DT. Since Saban almost moved up in last year's draft to get Haloti Ngata, he'll make sure he gets a good DT this year.

Sorry, but QB and WR are not "need" positions for us. QB will not be a need until Saban finds out if Daunte can play or not, so 2008 maybe a year to draft one. Hagan will be fine, I think he will be solid for us. If there is a good WR available on day 2, then we can take a look. I think we will probably add a CB at some point in the draft along with taking a run at an available CB in free agency.

So basically here's the break down:

1st day:
OT
LB
DT

2nd day:
CB
WR
LB

That would be great! but I think we need a WR with alot of speed, a homerun hitter. Other needs are LB and OL.

if a WR is the BPA, then that would be cool but when it comes to needs WR does not come close to LB and OL

also Chambers is our speed receiver for now, he does not go over the middle nor does he seem inclined to come back and battle for the ball

so if we took a WR in the first round, I would prefer a big guy like Jarrett, a guy to move the chains

I'm not a Michigan fan but if we pick up any of there big four. This would be my order of choosing them.
DT Alan Branch -would be awesome. Huge guy that could be our NT for years
OLB\DE Lamar Woodley -Athletic freak who can play in space and rush the passer, we need a better impact SLB, here he is.
OT-Jake Long - Monster Tackle, great size and would fill a need.
CB-Leon Hall - I think we have a pretty good secondary considering our three best safeties will be back if we sign Bell. Having Bell, Allen, and Hill in here for a second year together would be great plus we will have our three best CBs back for a second year with Allen, Daniels, and Goodman. That is a great 6 players to have back and comfortable with the system. So a CB is not that big of a need in my mind.

If Jarrett falls to us down between 12-16, he would be hard to pass up, if Branch and Woodley are both gone.
Gaines Adams would a be a stud as well.
Lets hope the win streak keeps going and we make the playoffs.

LouPhinFan said:
So basically here's the break down:

1st day:
OT
LB
DT

2nd day:
CB
WR
LB

I agree with that order - for now. We must wait and see what happens in FA. I don't think we get OL help in FA, but perhaps the LB depth we are looking for. I don't see any major splash in FA, but as always expect some moderate turnover (though less than the last 2 years). This year it will be important to let the draft come to us. The past two years we could "target" certain players/positions with a reasonable certainty that they would fall to us, I don't think so this year. As always, I'll be wathcing the entire 2 day draft and have fun doing it. I hope we have some needs filled via FA and sure up some spots so that we are not forced into any dire "need" picks. The Hagan pick last year, the Rod Wright pick show me that Nick & Co. understand that the drafting process works best with a long term plan in place rather than the quick fix.

1st round - BPA of OT's, LB's, NT's, LB's, WR's

2nd and 3rd - C, OT, LB, NT, G

Day 2 - K, LB, C-G, big possession WR

as you might guess I think we are thin at LB

Back
Top Bottom