1st round picks i would love | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st round picks i would love

5 - Tua or Herbert (whoever Flores and Grier decide they are comfortable putting their futures in is fine with me)
18. I want to see us move up to get one of the top 4 lineman. If it's Tua, preferable Wirfs or Wills
26. Jonathan Taylor or JK Dobbins or Cesar Ruiz

Bonus Pick

39. If 26 is Taylor/Dobbins, Cushenberry - If 26 is Ruiz, Winfield/Ashtyn Davis here (assuming we miss out on backs from 26 - Akers/Edwards-Helaire will be 56)

Some really interesting perspectives here, and obviously lots of fun until April 23rd. I do this multiple times everyday, as I'm going a little stir-crazy during this period of self-isolation.

After watching footage on the top three running backs available in this year's draft, here's what I'm thinking for our top picks this year...

5----Tua
18---J. Jones--LT Houston
26---JK Dobbins--RB OSU (this kid is AWESOME!!)

39---I. Wilson---RT Georgia (bump J. Davis inside to RG, or have Dieter/Calhoun fight it out. Scary.)
56---Biadasz (prefer Ruiz or Cushenberry, but they're probably both gone by this time).

Oline is essentially fixed, as is quarterback & running back. Big holes at safety, and obviously Edge rusher on defense. But we can't do this all in one year. Still have good cash next year, and four premium picks. Next year, I think we'd be looking to fortify the d-line, maybe bring in another guard, and a speed receiver. We are two years away. Exciting.

Nah man. Forget tackles. Let'sget Ferraris!

5. Ruggs
18. Claypool
26. Dobbins

39. Cleveland OT
56. Jackson OT
70. Trautman TE

141. Cole McDonald QB low stress
Who doesn't love playmakers. Have to fix the quarterback position and the offensive line first, though.

A Ferrari without a driver is just a beautiful car in the garage.

Who doesn't love playmakers. Have to fix the quarterback position and the offensive line first, though.

A Ferrari without a driver is just a beautiful car in the garage.

I would fix the QB position as they fall to us. just like i would've done last year and the year before. Or, I would have moved as high as I can get in January, right after the new year, as soon as the season is over, if I was set on a QB. No stress.
We have Fitz. We can get McDonald, Gordon in the third, and compete this year. The problem is, we got Rosen, and he will never get ready to take over. That's the problem, the second QB to groom quickly. I'd get rid of Rosen.
Gotta get Ruggs.

I don't like drafting Tua. he is 6-0, that's a concern. He has a bad injury, that's a huge concern. And he posted wacky numbers, that's a concern. I do not want any concerns if I am drafting a QB to start, that high. I don't care who takes Tua or Burrow for that matter. I'm not interested.

I would fix the QB position as they fall to us. just like i would've done last year and the year before. Or, I would have moved as high as I can get in January, right after the new year, as soon as the season is over, if I was set on a QB. No stress.
We have Fitz. We can get McDonald, Gordon in the third, and compete this year. The problem is, we got Rosen, and he will never get ready to take over. That's the problem, the second QB to groom quickly. I'd get rid of Rosen.
Gotta get Ruggs.

I don't like drafting Tua. he is 6-0, that's a concern. He has a bad injury, that's a huge concern. And he posted wacky numbers, that's a concern. I do not want any concerns if I am drafting a QB to start, that high. I don't care who takes Tua or Burrow for that matter. I'm not interested.

Your strategy could work. There are two veteran quarterbacks available who have had NFL success.

Cam Newton was just released. Not sure about his shoulder, but if that checks out maybe he's worth a short term contract.

Winston is also available. He's got a big arm and could benefit from a player like Ruggs. He throws a lot of interceptions, though.

At some point, I do believe the team has to invest in the quarterback of the future. I would draft Tua or Herbert, then you could maybe find a playmaker at #18 (Jefferson of LSU?) and improve the offensive line.

5. Trade down with Jax to 9th + 42nd - OT Andrew Thomas
18. S X.McKinney
26. Trade down with Carolina to 38th + 2021 1st round.

38. OT A. Jackson
39. C C. Ruiz
42. RB J.K. Dobbins or C. Akers
56. OG Y. Durant

70. TE C. Parkinson or QB. J. Hurts if he falls

With 3 1st round and 2 2nd round picks for 2021 we can go after T.law or J.Fields with a line that has a year of experience..preventing major damage to a rookie QB..IMO T.Law is gonna be an elite QB at the pro level.

Last edited:
Just no RB until 3rd, 4th round...
1a Tua
1b Best OT or S
1c Best OL or S
2a Best OL or S or CB or WR
2b Best OL or CB or WR

Back
Top Bottom