1st Training Camp Practice Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Training Camp Practice Thread

Would love to see Tua make a jump in three areas:

1. Get his velocity back by using more lower body strength
2. Get rid of the football quicker, with more quick hit throws like he had in college
3. Challenge more down the field.

I think one and three will happen. Number two is the one I have to wonder about

Would love to see Tua make a jump in three areas:

1. Get his velocity back by using more lower body strength
2. Get rid of the football quicker, with more quick hit throws like he had in college
3. Challenge more down the field.

I think one and three will happen. Number two is the one I have to wonder about

Not that I disagree, but I'll add two.
1) NFL experience. I'll not beat the no-PS-in-'20 dead horse, but with 9 games behind him, this PS, game film, and Flo forcing him to be aggressive (find out what DOESN'T work in the NFL), I expect better play. That's the 1st progress I want to see.
2) Actually, an expansion of your #2. Make decisions quicker. Get rid of the ball quicker. Recognize a dead play and throw it away. Recognize he can't wait 2 seconds for the receiver to get open.
Both of those are mental/football smarts. Some of it is experience. Some of it is innate and the reason many QBs fail - the game never slows down. We agree completely on the mental part

Not that I disagree, but I'll add two.
1) NFL experience. I'll not beat the no-PS-in-'20 dead horse, but with 9 games behind him, this PS, game film, and Flo forcing him to be aggressive (find out what DOESN'T work in the NFL), I expect better play. That's the 1st progress I want to see.
2) Actually, an expansion of your #2. Make decisions quicker. Get rid of the ball quicker. Recognize a dead play and throw it away. Recognize he can't wait 2 seconds for the receiver to get open.
Both of those are mental/football smarts. Some of it is experience. Some of it is innate and the reason many QBs fail - the game never slows down. We agree completely on the mental part
Good observations. I totally agree with your points.

Alright everyone remember. One practice defines a rookies career! Tua will either be a hofer or a complete bust by the end of the day. Three writers will tell you one player looks amazing while Omar will tell you he looks absolutely terrible.

Muscle watch 2021 officially begins.

In all seriousness all eyes on Tua today. Curious where his arm strength is at.

Back
Top Bottom