2 1st round picks for... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 1st round picks for...

oteroed

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Are the Dolphins thinking of trading Ricky to Denver for the 22nd pick. Then use their 16th pick and 22nd to move up for Jay Cutler...Who would take that? Is Jay that good?

Anyone know anything about Omar Jacobs? He's up there on some boards.
Anyone?:dolphins:

denver going to give up thier first round fore t. o......:wink:

Omar Jacobs is awesome he had a phenomenol junior season and a preety good senior season. i think we should get omar in the 2nd which i think hed be available if his stock stays the same and other qb's stock goes up like quinn and croyle. and i personally dont think jay is worth all that.

Denver won't give up their 22nd overall!! If no one was willing to give up a second last year for Alexander or James they won't give up a first for Ricky. I do think Ricky has more talent then either of those backs. If Denver doesn't give up their 29th overall for Ricky, I say keep him and move on.

feelthepain said:
Denver won't give up their 22nd overall!! If no one was willing to give up a second last year for Alexander or James they won't give up a first for Ricky. I do think Ricky has more talent then either of those backs. If Denver doesn't give up their 29th overall for Ricky, I say keep him and move on.

well they did waste a 3rd round pick on Maurice Clarett. why not a 1st for ricky? although i don't think a trade for a 1st will not happen.

bwallen said:
denver going to give up thier first round fore t. o......:wink:

No! no way! they were sayin 2 months ago they weould be happy with a 3rd or ANYTHING b/c they will lose him to FA so they'd take anything that woudl help em out in any shape or form.

oteroed said:
Are the Dolphins thinking of trading Ricky to Denver for the 22nd pick. Then use their 16th pick and 22nd to move up for Jay Cutler...Who would take that? Is Jay that good?

I HIGHLY doubt that saban is going to give 2 firsts or a first and a 2nd or a frist and RW for Cutler. I dont see it happening. I see him doing it for young or leinart but nto cutler. Did you guys notice in that article it said saban is going to try hard to trade down to pick up "HIS" guy and then will go one more season with having Gus at QB. His guy can be anyone of the 3. So doubt count out the rest people. Remember, Saban stresses the Leadership and Accuracy features in a QB the MOST!

Last edited by a moderator:
oteroed said:

No. Cutler would not be worth that. But D'Brickashaw would! :hide:

They had a poll over at Denver Broncos.com forum and they asked if you could get Ricky Williams or TO who would you choose? Most said TO because they know you could run any RB behind that line. They did like the fact that Rickys cap friendly, and some liked Ricky as the better choice. But most liked TO as the better upgrade. Can't say as I blame them for the reason they need a WR more then a RB.

dominizzo said:
ID Keepthe 2 1st rounders and Select Jacobs with 2nd rder if we cannot grab Cutler

No way, I don't like Jacobs, Manny Lawson is a better prospect or Greg Blue

I e-mailed the sports editor of the Colorado Springs Gazette here in my hometown, about 65 miles south of Denver. He feels the Broncos are primarily focusing on TO and not looking seriously at Ricky at this point.

personally if shanahan gives a first for ricky... i would be stoked... but if saban was to package our first rounders for jay cutler... i would slap the hell out of him... but then again.. I KNOW HES NOT THAT STUPID.. so im just being harsh..

bojang1es187 said:
Omar Jacobs is awesome he had a phenomenol junior season and a preety good senior season. i think we should get omar in the 2nd which i think hed be available if his stock stays the same and other qb's stock goes up like quinn and croyle. and i personally dont think jay is worth all that.
He had an very good Sophamore season, and a solid Junior season.

Denver would NEVER give a first round pick up for ricky... NEVER. They make great back out of 5th round draft choices, why would they use a 1st rounder for a 30 year old back who will play 3 more seasons. Denver is interested in ricky if they can get him for a bargain deal, if they have to spent anything more than a 4th roudner for ricky, they all of the sudden aren't interested. Lets be realistic here folks.

Back
Top Bottom