2 1st round picks for... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 1st round picks for...

bojang1es187 said:
Omar Jacobs is awesome he had a phenomenol junior season and a preety good senior season. i think we should get omar in the 2nd which i think hed be available if his stock stays the same and other qb's stock goes up like quinn and croyle. and i personally dont think jay is worth all that.

Omar Jacobs is another Andre Ware, the system help him to put big passing statistic, he always played in the shotgun formation and against bad teams. He's a bad decision maker and has horrible mechanics, I'll be mad if Saban takes him.

feelthepain said:
Denver won't give up their 22nd overall!! If no one was willing to give up a second last year for Alexander or James they won't give up a first for Ricky. I do think Ricky has more talent then either of those backs. If Denver doesn't give up their 29th overall for Ricky, I say keep him and move on.

Thank you!!!!!!!! I was about to lose my mind reading the draft quinn qoutes and whatnot...thank you.

feelthepain said:
Denver won't give up their 22nd overall!! If no one was willing to give up a second last year for Alexander or James they won't give up a first for Ricky. I do think Ricky has more talent then either of those backs. If Denver doesn't give up their 29th overall for Ricky, I say keep him and move on.

Alexander or James would not have been aquired for a second. Hell I wish we had traded our second overall for Alexander than at worst we would be paying Ronnie Brown money wuthout waiting for a couple of years to be elite.

bwallen said:
denver going to give up thier first round fore t. o......:wink:
You really think the Eagles will get a 1st for TO? You're kidding right?
Don't you know they're going to cut him anyway in March.

bwallen said:
denver going to give up thier first round fore t. o......:wink:

TO was traded to the Eagles for a 2nd round pick. I dont think getting suspended and getting a year older improved his trade value. You're dreaming if you think anyone is giving up a first round pick for him. Teams would be stupid to give anything up for him, no way do the Eagles pay him his roster bonus in March which means they are cutting him.

feelthepain said:
Alexander and James were worth number 1's, but their salaries were very high. Not the same issue with RW. In fact, with a good O-line RW is a better pure runner than either of them.

Would the trade probably go more like Miami's first and Ricky for their two first's?

I'd have to think that would be more an even value type trade. Then, we could package both of those picks for a top-10 pick if Cutler fell that far if we were so inclined.

That's a lot if's.

Denver won't waste a penny on Terrell Owens, Terrell Owens is a Free Agent in March, meaning they don't need to give up anything, they could just sign him in.

As for the Ricky Williams case, if Denver was stupid enough to give up a 1st, or EVEN a 2nd rounder for Ricky, I would be shocked.

Also, if the Dolphins had 2 first rounders, and they were to trade up for a QB, the only 2 I would be interested would be Matt Leinart or Vince Young. If they can't grab them both, draft Tye Hill or Cromatie and an offensive linemen. Then I would call this draft, a success.

Vertical Limit said:
Denver won't waste a penny on Terrell Owens, Terrell Owens is a Free Agent in March, meaning they don't need to give up anything, they could just sign him in.

As for the Ricky Williams case, if Denver was stupid enough to give up a 1st, or EVEN a 2nd rounder for Ricky, I would be shocked.

Also, if the Dolphins had 2 first rounders, and they were to trade up for a QB, the only 2 I would be interested would be Matt Leinart or Vince Young. If they can't grab them both, draft Tye Hill or Cromatie and an offensive linemen. Then I would call this draft, a success.

i agree

feelthepain said:
Denver won't give up their 22nd overall!! [B[I]]If no one was willing to give up a second last year for Alexander or James they won't give up a first for Ricky[[/I]/B]. I do think Ricky has more talent then either of those backs. If Denver doesn't give up their 29th overall for Ricky, I say keep him and move on.

The reason teams weren't willing to trade for James or Alexander was more about money NOT draft picks.
James and Alexander come with BIG price tags. Ricky comes with a nice small one.

i would give ricky williams up for a 1st or 2nd rd...to have 3 picks in the 1st two round would be great...and i still wouldnt trade down to get cutler..they object of this team is to get younger with picks and well thats what we be doing....we can still grab a croyle or whitehurst in the 2nd or 3rd and we still have madison to trade off maybe we can get a 4th for him or a 5th..we dont have 1...we need as many picks as we can get..i love builiding this team back up with flavor of young guys/ free agents / key veterans.....

Omar Jacobs had a GREAT game againist Wisconsin and I look at the way Auburn struggled. I am not going to say that its the system, But I don't like taking him until the 4th if we don't have a QB then. take the 2 first rounders and get Ko Simpson at 22 and at 16 get Winston Justice! That would be great.

unifiedtheory said:
Picking Omar Jacobs higher then round 4 would be a mega reach....I'd be screaming for the return of Wannstedt.
i'd say the same for vince young. the difference is jacobs is more accurate and has a better arm.

Juan Cribbs said:
i'd say the same for vince young. the difference is jacobs is more accurate and has a better arm.

I'd say the same for both. :D

I'm really surprised there are so many in favor of drafting an Olineman in the 1st.

Back
Top Bottom