2 morsels about Mon Nite game (JT sack record) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 morsels about Mon Nite game (JT sack record)

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
The Dolphins enter Monday night's home game against Philadelphia having won all four times they've appeared on national telecasts this season.

Two of the wins came on Sunday night (17-7 against Buffalo and 24-23 against Washington), the third came in the Monday night game that got moved to Tempe, Ariz., (26-10 against San Diego) and the fourth was the Thanksgiving Day game against Dallas (40-21).

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/saturday/sports_f3ada9302013b0ca0085.html

not mention having gone 3-0 ag the NFCE. I feel real good about us in this game since we are home especially.

Noteworthy: The extra sack Jason Taylor was awarded for the New England game gave him 66 for his career, moving him past Doug Betters (65 1/2 ) into the No. 2 spot on the Dolphins' all-time list. Bill Stanfill holds the team record with 67 1/2 sacks.

here's hoping JT breaks that record Monday Night. That w/b special passing 2 of the greatest Phins of all-time in sacks in consecutives weeks.

Go #99

The Dolphins have played very well on nationally televised games this year. However, of those 4 games, we only played one good team (Dallas). The other three (San Diego, Washington, and Buffalo) are all mediocre or awful. Philadelphia will be a challenge, but we have played very well on MNF in the past and hopefully we can continue that.

Yeah...do you think JT can break the record? I think he will only get one sack...:(

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The Dolphins have played very well on nationally televised games this year. However, of those 4 games, we only played one good team (Dallas). The other three (San Diego, Washington, and Buffalo) are all mediocre or awful. Philadelphia will be a challenge, but we have played very well on MNF in the past and hopefully we can continue that.

According to the "experts" the Bills were on the fast track to the Super Bowl prior to being pummelled by the Phins on Sunday night earlier this year. Word on the street is Miami provided the "blueprint" on how to stop Buffalo's offense and they haven't gotten back on track ever since.

oh calm down...do all the threads have to be about the post season, or can we have a small change of pace?

I have a theory about why the Dolphins play so well on nationally televised games, and don't quite "get up" for the regular games.

Can ya'll guess what it is?

Originally posted by dolfan87
I have a theory about why the Dolphins play so well on nationally televised games, and don't quite "get up" for the regular games.

they party too much on So Beach and need to sleep late ?

I believe its the individual players want to showcase their talents (to the national media) so they enter into the game with the mindset of playing hard...

Where as on any other given Sunday.. its play the game, hope for the win and more importantly.. my paycheck will be there next Friday...

to justify their salaries.

Back
Top Bottom