2001 Draft Class | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2001 Draft Class

burger13 said:
There are also some links in there....one is to Kipers final mock for that year:
he had us taking:
ROUND 1: CB-Willie Middlebrooks
ROUND 2: DT-Ryan Pickett
ROUND 3: QB-Jesse Palmer

OUCH!!! :tsk: :down:

Phinz420 said:
:rofl3:

vick is only the most dominant QB in the NFL...
I'd say thats a bit of a reach. If you can consistently complete passes you really cant be considered the most dominant can you?? Maybe he's the most dominant RB playing QB in the nfl.

Hey did you see who the #1 rated Fullback was back then? Where is he now?
A Miami Dolphin, Heath Evans Fullback. :roflmao:

NaplesJoe said:
Hey did you see who the #1 rated Fullback was back then? Where is he now?
A Miami Dolphin, Heath Evans Fullback. :roflmao:

Can you even remember the other fullbacks below him? Man, talk about a cut throat league.

miami_mi said:
That class wasn't the greatest looking back on it. I think we took Fletcher out of need, since a lot of teams were spreading our defense out with 4 receiver sets the year before.

Fletcher was NOT a need pick...

just goes to show you, everyone looks good pre-draft and when they are drafted, but the busts come out eventually... you can say braylon edwards is gonna suck and people would curse you out, but they would have said the same **** about koren robinson and david terrell before the 2001 season started...

_dan24 said:

I believe he was. Our defense was getting moved on when teams started going with the 4 receiver set, i.e. New England. We needed another cover corner to play the extra receivers, since our safeties and LB's couldn't cover.

miami_mi said:
I believe he was. Our defense was getting moved on when teams started going with the 4 receiver set, i.e. New England. We needed another cover corner to play the extra receivers, since our safeties and LB's couldn't cover.

I think Wanny was actually more affected by the Colts offense. Plus, that draft both the Jets and Colts took receivers int he first round

as far as need we could've drafted brees with that pick (or fred smoot) I remeber screaming at the TV when I heard we drafted a CB.

Either way, Fletcher couldn't cover much. So it was a wasted pick.

donshula72 said:
as far as need we could've drafted brees with that pick (or fred smoot) I remeber screaming at the TV when I heard we drafted a CB.

Yah good point....we have to thank Spielman and Wanny for that one.

miami_mi said:
I was laughing at the busts Koren, Gardner, Mitchell, Terrell. Chad J. and Chambers were all listed below those receivers.

Koren aint a bust...hes preforming in seattle just drops lots of passes

_dan24 said:

Yes DB was. Going into that season our biggest need was a 3rd CB.

Back
Top Bottom