2001 Draft Class | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2001 Draft Class

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
18.Chris Chambers, WR, Wisconsin -- With his size and phenomenal athletic ability as well as his strong finish over the last four weeks of the regular season, Chambers has resurfaced as a probable mid-first rounder. 18.Chris Chambers, WR, Wisconsin -- With his size and phenomenal athletic ability as well as his strong finish over the last four weeks of the regular season, Chambers has resurfaced as a probable mid-first rounder.

Wow. We really lucked out, getting him in mid 2nd I think it was. Didn't we trade with Dallas to move up?

miami_mi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't think we did, I really don't remember that draft other than a few analysts saying we got a steal when we picked chambers.

miami_mi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was laughing at the busts Koren, Gardner, Mitchell, Terrell. Chad J. and Chambers were all listed below those receivers.

infiltrateib

TV Doctor
Reaction score
Wow, what a weak QB class that was. Brees sucked until last year. Vick is electrifying but still average as a QB.

miami_mi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I guess it goes to show you, that you can't count on a sure thing.

sn9ke.eyes

Starter
Reaction score
miami_mi said:
I was laughing at the busts Koren, Gardner, Mitchell, Terrell. Chad J. and Chambers were all listed below those receivers.

Don't forget busts at other positions - Gerrad Warren & Kenyatta Walker

miami_mi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
sn9ke.eyes said:
Don't forget busts at other positions - Gerrad Warren & Kenyatta Walker

Are they both out of football or back-ups?

Phinz420

The Resident Hitman
Reaction score
infiltrateib said:
Wow, what a weak QB class that was. Brees sucked until last year. Vick is electrifying but still average as a QB.

:rofl3:

vick is only the most dominant QB in the NFL...

miami_mi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He is but you can't say his passing ability is in the top tier.

miabrown23

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
:confused: if u were talking about chad johnson being a bust i would disagree

miami_mi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Nope not at all I was just saying that chambers and johnson, were the best of the bunch.

burger13

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
There are also some links in there....one is to Kipers final mock for that year:

he had us taking:

ROUND 1: CB-Willie Middlebrooks
ROUND 2: DT-Ryan Pickett
ROUND 3: QB-Jesse Palmer

We DEFIANTELY had a better draft than that with Fletcher, Chambers, and Greenwood (and Minor). I was surprised that he projected us to go CB in the first round....it seemed like such a surprise when we took Fletcher, like why do we need a CB?? But I guess Kiper saw it coming. Anyway, Middlebrooks is at least as bad as Fletcher, Chambers is a no-brainer, and Jesse Palmer?? The Bachelor?? LMAO!!!

miami_mi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That class wasn't the greatest looking back on it. I think we took Fletcher out of need, since a lot of teams were spreading our defense out with 4 receiver sets the year before.

Top Bottom