2005 NBA All-Star Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 NBA All-Star Game

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
UPDATED: 2005 NBA All-Star squad announced

It's unfortunate that this is a popularity contest rather than having the best players go at it, but oh well. I'm gonna post the line-ups as of January 20th & I'd like to see who you guys think should be the real starters. Remember, it doesn't go by PG/SG or SF/PF. It's just G & F. Voting ends tomorrow. I'm not sure how many players make it(I know it's something like 10-12, but I'll just go with 1 backup per position). However, the coaches pick the backups, and they won't be as dumb as the fans by taking Melo over Amare.

The current starting line-ups, which will likely be the final ones:

East:
1-Allen Iverson/Dwyane Wade
2-LeBron James/Steve Francis
3-Vince Carter/Rasheed Wallace
4-Grant Hill/Jermaine O'Neal
5-Shaquille O'Neal/Ben Wallace

West:
1-Tracy McGrady/Steve Nash
2-Kobe Bryant/Ray Allen
3-Kevin Garnett/Carmelo Anthony
4-Tim Duncan/Dirk Nowitzski
5-Yao Ming/Brad Miller

How it should be, IMO:

East:
1-Allen Iverson/Stephon Marbury
2-Dwyane Wade/Steve Francis
3-LeBron James/Grant Hill
4-Jermaine O'Neal/Antwan Jamison
5-Shaquille O'Neal/Ben Wallace

West:
1-Steve Nash/Kobe Bryant
2-Tracy McGrady/Ray Allen
3-Kevin Garnett/Dirk Nowitzski
4-Tim Duncan/Amare Stoudemire
5-Yao Ming/Brad Miller

Gilbert Arenas is making a case for himself over Francis, but his assist numbers for a PG is pathetic. The All-Star system was officially F'ed up when they listed LeBron James at guard.

Every All-Star game where the fans have at least half of the decision on who goes is a popularity contest. I see that Melo might go and I know he is having a rough season, but since it is in Denver the Fans are racking up the votes.

after watching the olympics this past summer its hard pressed to call any of these guys "ALL-STARS" anymore!

I totally agree with your second list. Carmelo dosent desevrve to be anywhere near the all-star arena. This is why the NFL s who they are. They have so much moe respect then these other leagues. Its sad but whatever.

The NFL also has it's fans vote for the All-Star game. How many times did a Dolphin go when there where other deserving players?? A lot of times.

Any word on when Miami will get an All-Star Weekend?!
I figured we'd earn one by now with our amazing new arena!
:fire:
X-con, youre my source for everything NBA!
Look it up and notify me as soon as possible.
Go!
I'll just sit here and wait.
:cooldude:

I think the process is flawed because you can vote more then once. I don't think the system of having the fans vote for starters of flawed I just think the voting system itself is flawed!

The All-Star game needs to be ka-BOSH-ed!!!!!

Bosh cannot be guarded and is only 20 years old. I have seen him play Garnett and Jermaine O'Neal and has schooled both of them. Franchise player with a great attitude and the will to get better!

I know this may sound very homeristic, but in 5 years I think Bosh will be the 2nd best player from last year's draft class, behind Baby Jesus LeBron.

Bodzilla29 said:
The All-Star game needs to be ka-BOSH-ed!!!!!

Bosh cannot be guarded and is only 20 years old. I have seen him play Garnett and Jermaine O'Neal and has schooled both of them. Franchise player with a great attitude and the will to get better!

I know this may sound very homeristic, but in 5 years I think Bosh will be the 2nd best player from last year's draft class, behind Baby Jesus LeBron.

I agree with most of your post except the "second player in last year's draft" part & the part about Bosh being "unstoppable". I highly doubt he becomes better than Dwyane Wade, but hey...you can call me a homer too. Also, Bosh has many strands where you don't even know he's on the court. He's raw, and definately still loaded with potential. Almost everybody compared him to KG last year, and he certainly looks like he can become that type of player. However, he's not there yet. JO is without question still a few steps ahead of him.

Bosh is already the 3rd best player, because Melo damn sure isn't. Hell, you can argue Hinrich over Melo at this point.

Grant Hill deserves the starting spot after all of his injuries and he is still playing well, it's nice to see

I don't think the process is flawed at all, its called the "All-Star Game", not the "All-Best-Players-From-This-Year Game". The game is put together for the enjoyment of the fans, and they want to watch the players that they know and love. Now how do you become a star...well by putting up big numbers and making an impact. But I definitely see where you are coming from. That's just my oppinion though

Bosh is what, 3 years younger then Wade? PLays PF and has averaged 20 and 10 since Vince was traded. NOt many players can do that, and this guy is 20 years old! Wade is a damn good layer but very good post players are a lot harder to find and are deemed more valuable. I still stick to my proclamation that Bosh will only trail King James in the draft class, but that isn't to say I think Wade is a mug, far from it. Bosh put up 24 and 14 against KG, 25 and 15 against J O'Neal. Also had a huge game against Tim Duncan(after which Duncan couldn't stop saying good things about Bosh).

He is still a little inconsistant as you rightfully point out, but since last year he has improved ten-fold. I haven't missed many of his professional games and let me tell you he is going to be a beast, an absolute monster.

Jwcolour said:
I don't think the process is flawed at all, its called the "All-Star Game", not the "All-Best-Players-From-This-Year Game". The game is put together for the enjoyment of the fans, and they want to watch the players that they know and love. Now how do you become a star...well by putting up big numbers and making an impact. But I definitely see where you are coming from. That's just my oppinion though

Yeah, I can agree with that. But right now it's all about what the Canadians & Chinese want to see, cause they pad Carter(was with the Raps) & Yao's votes. No way in hell should either of those two players be starting. LeBron also should not be starting at the guard spot - he has played forward all year. It should be AI-Wade-Bron-JO-Shaq in the East, and Amare has played center all year too, and he is playing far better than the ever underachieving Yao Ming.

It just sucks to see Vince Carter start over Jermaine O'Neal, Dwyane Wade, Gilbert Arenas, Antwan Jamison, & Steve Francis. Normally, I'd say the same about Grant Hill but his turn around has just been remarkable.

IMO, the players/coaches should have more say than they do. Right now, the only say they have is for the reserves.

Bodzilla29 said:
He is still a little inconsistant as you rightfully point out, but since last year he has improved ten-fold. I haven't missed many of his professional games and let me tell you he is going to be a beast, an absolute monster.

That I can definately agree with. I remember when he dropped like 18 on Miami in the first half a week or so ago, but the inconsistency showed in the second half. He's the third best player from last year's class right now.

Again, Bosh is one of my favorite players & I really think he will be a long-term star in this league. I just don't see him becoming more dominant than Dwyane Wade, but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

You put Bosh on the right team and he is the next Horrace Grant who will help a team win championships. A legit third star player on a team that has a strong 1-2 superstar punch.

Back
Top Bottom