2005 NBA All-Star Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 NBA All-Star Game

Originally posted by MikeO
You put Bosh on the right team and he is the next Horrace Grant who will help a team win championships. A legit third star player on a team that has a strong 1-2 superstar punch.
The next Horace Grant ? A 3rd star player ? Was Horace putting up 20 pts a game and grabbing 10 rebounds when he was 20 yrs old ?!? Has Horace ever led a team the way CB 4 has been since Vince's left ? Has Horace ever been more than a one dimensional player? Bosh has the tools to be a VERY good player in this league. Maybe you havn't seen him play since Vince's left but he's taken over the Raps and is averaging 20/10.
I prefer the KG comparisons than that of Horace 'Goggles' Grant. I don't think he can handle the ball like KG yet and he still needs to be more consistent but in terms of physical ability he's in his league.

BTW X-Con, I still can't agree with you on the Wade/Jordan comparisons and Lebron/Magic :tongue: but I completely agree with your All Star list.

MikeO said:
You put Bosh on the right team and he is the next Horrace Grant who will help a team win championships. A legit third star player on a team that has a strong 1-2 superstar punch.

I think Bosh can become a part of a legit 1-2 punch. All he needs is a star caliber guard by his side. This guy has monster potential. Remember, when he came out...his comparison by almost every analyst was Kevin Garnett. He's averaging 15.6/8.4 on the year, but I believe he averages something like 19 & 10 or 19 & 9 since the Vince Carter trade. He's very young and doesn't turn 21 until next month.

You can see how motivated he is, because he put on some pounds since being drafted. Bosh was 210 when he was drafted last year, and that other than being unpolished was his biggest weakness. NBA.Com now lists him at 235.

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/chrisbosh.htm

Pink_Dove said:
BTW X-Con, I still can't agree with you on the Wade/Jordan comparisons and Lebron/Magic :tongue: but I completely agree with your All Star list.

Just watch them play after watching some old MJ/Magic highlights. Wade & LeBron obviously aren't on that level yet, but their play is very similar. For Wade, his swagger & leadership are the biggest issues when it comes to similarities with MJ. Just watching how he moves on the court really reminds me of Jordan, I don't know what it is. He attacks much more than MJ did, but he loves that mid-range jumper too, and when that develops...the comparison will kind've come out more. As for LeBron, he plays a very similar game to Magic. Everybody compared Odom to Magic, but LeBron fills it up like no other. He scores, grabs assists, and grabs boards very effectively for a small forward.

Both guys are already stars, IMO.

X-Con
Just watch them play after watching some old MJ/Magic highlights. Wade & LeBron obviously aren't on that level yet, but their play is very similar. For Wade, his swagger & leadership are the biggest issues when it comes to similarities with MJ. Just watching how he moves on the court really reminds me of Jordan, I don't know what it is. He attacks much more than MJ did, but he loves that mid-range jumper too, and when that develops...the comparison will kind've come out more. As for LeBron, he plays a very similar game to Magic. Everybody compared Odom to Magic, but LeBron fills it up like no other. He scores, grabs assists, and grabs boards very effectively for a small forward.

Both guys are already stars, IMO.

Wade and Lebron are stars but IMO you're talking about top 5 ALL-TIME when it comes to MJ and Magic.

The 2 differences I see between MJ and Wade at this point is that Wade will often pass instead of shooting and MJ's jumper was gold. He'll drive and dish it out to someone for an open J instead of taking over a game the way MJ did.
Wade has more of a point guard mentality, which is understandable because that's were he played at Marquette and because he needs to keep his teamates involved (especially Diesel). That's not to say he doesn't drive, heck as you said he drives more than Jordan, but he'll look to pass instead of shoot on a number of occasions.
I saw the Chicago-Utah game 2 weeks ago, one of my favourites and it's just ridiculous how MJ always wanted the ball in his hands, be it the start or end of a game. It shows the incredible leadership that he had because in most cases that leads to bickering and feuds (i.e Kobe)
He'd dribble it up, pass it to a teamate run to a spot, get the ball and drain a 15 footer. I rarely see Dwyane do that.
Those 2 things can be corrected, just like MJ worked on his defense, Dwyane could develop a lethal jumper and become more selfish. He's definately the closest thing to Jordan in tomorrow's game but I just don't think he'll reach MJ's heights.

I havn't seen much from Magic, but in what i've seen from him he's a different cat than Lebron. I've heard the comparison before and most people will agree with you because of their similar build and their ability to do so many different things well (as you said rebound, score, dish). But what impressed me the most with Magic was his court vision and passing. The man was a natural PG.
Whereas Lebron has very good court vision and is an excellent passer he's not on Magic's level. I don't think anyone comes close to Magic's in today's game level except maybe Steve Nash (in terms of passing of course).
Once again,.as Lebron grows older and can rely less on his hops and athleticism, he might become a player close to Magic's ability but right now I don't see it.

Pink_Dove said:
Wade and Lebron are stars but IMO you're talking about top 5 ALL-TIME when it comes to MJ and Magic.

I'm not comparing Bron/Wade with Magic/MJ by talent or production. I'm comparing them in style of play.

Pink_Dove said:

The 2 differences I see between MJ and Wade at this point is that Wade will often pass instead of shooting and MJ's jumper was gold. He'll drive and dish it out to someone for an open J instead of taking over a game the way MJ did.
Wade has more of a point guard mentality, which is understandable because that's were he played at Marquette and because he needs to keep his teamates involved (especially Diesel). That's not to say he doesn't drive, heck as you said he drives more than Jordan, but he'll look to pass instead of shoot on a number of occasions.
I saw the Chicago-Utah game 2 weeks ago, one of my favourites and it's just ridiculous how MJ always wanted the ball in his hands, be it the start or end of a game. It shows the incredible leadership that he had because in most cases that leads to bickering and feuds (i.e Kobe)
He'd dribble it up, pass it to a teamate run to a spot, get the ball and drain a 15 footer. I rarely see Dwyane do that.
Those 2 things can be corrected, just like MJ worked on his defense, Dwyane could develop a lethal jumper and become more selfish. He's definately the closest thing to Jordan in tomorrow's game but I just don't think he'll reach MJ's heights.

I havn't seen much from Magic, but in what i've seen from him he's a different cat than Lebron. I've heard the comparison before and most people will agree with you because of their similar build and their ability to do so many different things well (as you said rebound, score, dish). But what impressed me the most with Magic was his court vision and passing. The man was a natural PG.
Whereas Lebron has very good court vision and is an excellent passer he's not on Magic's level. I don't think anyone comes close to Magic's in today's game level except maybe Steve Nash (in terms of passing of course).
Once again,.as Lebron grows older and can rely less on his hops and athleticism, he might become a player close to Magic's ability but right now I don't see it.

Wade didnt play point guard at Marquette. The first time he played the position was last year on the HEAT. He now plays PG/SG (mostly SG because of Damon Jones and Dooling), it's amazing how well he was last year as a rook especially since he never played PG before.

Wade actually plays PG for the most part; he is still our PG. Damon Jones brings the ball up the court, but Wade does most of the handling. The only time Wade plays more SG than PG is when Dools is in, as he handles the ball very nicely.

2005 Official NBA All-Star Roster:

LINK - 2005 NBA All-Stars

East:
1-Allen Iverson(Sixers), Gilbert Arenas(Wizards)
2-LeBron James(Cavs), Dwyane Wade(Heat)
3-Vince Carter(Nets), Antwan Jamison(Wizards), Paul Pierce(Celtics)
4-Grant Hill(Magic), Jermaine O'Neal(Pacers), Ben Wallace(Pistons)
5-Shaquille O'Neal(Heat), Zydrunas Ilgauskas(Cavs)

West:
1-Kobe Bryant(Lakers), Steve Nash(Suns)
2-Tracy McGrady(Rockets), Ray Allen(Sonics)
3-Kevin Garnett(T'Wolves), Rashard Lewis(Sonics), Shawn Marion(Suns), Manu Ginobili(Spurs)
4-Tim Duncan(Spurs), Dirk Nowitzki(Mavs), Amare Stoudemire(Suns)
5-Yao Ming(Rockets)

Biggest snub: Manu Ginobili being selected, period. Htf can you have 7 forwards & 1 center, especially when Ginobili is one of the forwards? Very undeserving. He started the season off hot(like the first 10 games) & faded off like hell. But one thing I love is the selection of Gilbert Arenas. It's nice to see an underrated guy like Arenas get recognized. I'm also very happy for Antwan Jamison as the same goes for him..

Rankings of the players who should've got that LAST spot in the west:
1. Chris Webber
2. Jason Richardson
3. Elton Brand
4. Corey Maggette
5. Mike Bibby
6. Brad Miller
***7. Manu Ginobili

i am a huge Lebron James fan.. i can't help it i did jump on the bandwagon.

X-Con said:
LINK - 2005 NBA All-Stars

East:
1-Allen Iverson(Sixers), Gilbert Arenas(Wizards)
2-LeBron James(Cavs), Dwyane Wade(Heat)
3-Vince Carter(Nets), Antwan Jamison(Wizards), Paul Pierce(Celtics)
4-Grant Hill(Magic), Jermaine O'Neal(Pacers), Ben Wallace(Pistons)
5-Shaquille O'Neal(Heat), Zydrunas Ilgauskas(Cavs)

West:
1-Kobe Bryant(Lakers), Steve Nash(Suns)
2-Tracy McGrady(Rockets), Ray Allen(Sonics)
3-Kevin Garnett(T'Wolves), Rashard Lewis(Sonics), Shawn Marion(Suns), Manu Ginobili(Spurs)
4-Tim Duncan(Spurs), Dirk Nowitzki(Mavs), Amare Stoudemire(Suns)
5-Yao Ming(Rockets)

Biggest snub: Manu Ginobili being selected, period. Htf can you have 7 forwards & 1 center, especially when Ginobili is one of the forwards? Very undeserving. He started the season off hot(like the first 10 games) & faded off like hell. But one thing I love is the selection of Gilbert Arenas. It's nice to see an underrated guy like Arenas get recognized. I'm also very happy for Antwan Jamison as the same goes for him..

Rankings of the players who should've got that LAST spot in the west:
1. Chris Webber
2. Jason Richardson
3. Elton Brand
4. Corey Maggette
5. Mike Bibby
6. Brad Miller
***7. Manu Ginobili
another underrated player in the west that deserves more props is michael finley - now thats a cat that would look good in a heat uniform especially with our woes at sf

d-day said:
another underrated player in the west that deserves more props is michael finley - now thats a cat that would look good in a heat uniform especially with our woes at sf

Yeah. Finley was real good/underrated for the past few years, but not this year. He's playing well, but he's not on the All-Star level.

Back
Top Bottom