2005 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox

I don't realy care for either team and won't watch the series for that reason but I say the Astros in 6 because of there pitching.

I am conflicted, I always root for the AL when the yanks aren't involved(except last year) but I want Andy Pettitte to win again to stick it to George.

gonick1 said:
Ello,Ello!
Yep it is gonna be a great series ROGER WILL DOMINATE !
but I still wanted the red sox and the stroh's the sox must be made to pay for damons hair, Poppy's weight, and letting CLEMENS go,plus on a personal note I hate Schilling and Rameriez.I remember back in da' 80's schilling was midiocre/average on a good day; and He'd always be telling the media "Oh, Clemens Cheats/He's dirty" I've hated Schilling ever since. And Manny He's just a punk He' single handedely created that whole brawl scene for nor real reason and the only person to get hurt an 78? yr old man good job manny! and then to top it off the pitch that started it all, nowhere near manny.
As for the white sox how do you root4 Clemens when Shoeless Joe is staring down on the whole thing ARRRGH I'm sooo TORN ! OH powerfull and wise Finkle what should I Do?

Well first of all I'd probably get a clue and better information. When did Schilling EVER saying Clemens is a cheat or dirty? In fact Schilling has said numerous times that Clemens helped him be the pitcher that he is today because Roger told Schilling (back when Schilling was in the Red Sox minors) that he had a ton of potential but he needs to work hard. Clemens and Schilling also trained together a bunch of times in the off season. So again I ask where you heard that, because I'd be really interested in hearing it. As for Schilling being a "midiocre/average" pitcher in the 80's? His first year was in 1988 and he only pitched in 4 games and then in 1989 in 5. So if you want to put a label on him for 9 appearances in 2 years that's fine. As for Clemen's dominated, let's just say it's a good thing Houston has Pettite and Oswalt because Roger as great as he is he's not a very good big game pitcher. But I really do hope Houston wins it. I just don't understand why you're still pissed that the Red Sox let Clemens go almost 10 years ago. Geez, get over it, it was the best for Clemens because if he stayed he probably wouldn't have had the career he had post Red Sox.

As for the other stuff you said, about Manny and "Poppy", and Damon's hair? I don't know how to respond because it's just so random and over the top. Plus I could barely understand you. If you want to call me out go ahead but next time come at me with actual facts, figures and a spell checker. Not just a bunch of random crap written down that no one could understand because what you wrote just sounds like a big acid trip gone wrong.

Chicago wins in 5 is my official prediction.

(although I am rooting for Houston a bit, but I really don't care who wins)

Where's gonick1 now? The ALL MIGHTY ROGER! It's always an excuse with Roger, he's been doing it ever since 1986. As great as he is, when a big game is on the line he pitches like Ronda Clemens.

By the way if the Astros have to count on Roger in a big spot then the only ring Houston is gonna see is this one:

clear.gif

(I'm sure Roger won't mind taking a bite either)

Ouch, something isn't right with Lidge, he must be tired or hurt. He's too good to be sucking like this.

Ray Finkle said:
Where's gonick1 now? The ALL MIGHTY ROGER! It's always an excuse with Roger, he's been doing it ever since 1986. As great as he is, when a big game is on the line he pitches like Ronda Clemens.

By the way if the Astros have to count on Roger in a big spot then the only ring Houston is gonna see is this one:

clear.gif

(I'm sure Roger won't mind taking a bite either)

That's not fair, Roger has had a done a good job in big spots. No he hasn't been Sandy koufax but he's still donea great job in the WS.

nyjunc said:
That's not fair, Roger has had a done a good job in big spots. No he hasn't been Sandy koufax but he's still donea great job in the WS.

Ok you're right he hasn't been horrible in big spots but he's not an Andy Pettite, David Wells, Curt Schilling, Mo.Rivera, Bob Gibson, Jack Morris etc. The fact is in a big game Clemens is a wimp. He faked an injury in the 1986 World Series, and got himself thrown out in the 1990 playoffs vs. the A's. He's career in the post season is something like 11 and 9. He's been pretty bad in big pressure situations (anytime he pitched for Boston in the playoffs, 1999 Game 3 vs. Boston, Game 7 in 2003 vs. Boston, Game 7 vs. St Louis in 2004, just to name a few). Clemens is a hall of famer and one of the best pitchers ever no doubt about it but I wouldn't want him pitching for me in a big game no matter what. He doesn't deal with pressure well. (And I even like the guy this isn't some hate filled rant).

His bad games in the post season outweight his good ones (which are few).

Ray Finkle said:
Ok you're right he hasn't been horrible in big spots but he's not an Andy Pettite, David Wells, Curt Schilling, Mo.Rivera, Bob Gibson, Jack Morris etc. The fact is in a big game Clemens is a wimp. He faked an injury in the 1986 World Series, and got himself thrown out in the 1990 playoffs vs. the A's. He's career in the post season is something like 11 and 9. He's been pretty bad in big pressure situations (anytime he pitched for Boston in the playoffs, 1999 Game 3 vs. Boston, Game 7 in 2003 vs. Boston, Game 7 vs. St Louis in 2004, just to name a few). Clemens is a hall of famer and one of the best pitchers ever no doubt about it but I wouldn't want him pitching for me in a big game no matter what. He doesn't deal with pressure well. (And I even like the guy this isn't some hate filled rant).

Geez man, why all the hate for Rodger? Did he piss in your cheerios or something?

AggieFin21 said:
Geez man, why all the hate for Rodger? Did he piss in your cheerios or something?

I don't hate him, even when he was a dick to me when I met him, he was my first favorite baseball player when I was growing up. I even said I don't hate him, read what I wrote because I even said this isn't a rant on a guy just because I don't like him because I do. All I'm saying is that he's not a very good big game pitcher and there's plenty of evidence to back up my statement.

Ray Finkle said:

he didn't fake an injury in '86, the only person who said he wanted out was McNamar and he was just trying to save his own behind. Roger pitched great in a Game 7 on the road vs. Arizona for us- for that I will always be grateful and his WS era is tremendous.

Back
Top Bottom