2005 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox

nyjunc said:
In '90 you had no shot against that A's team but in '86 Roger may have asked out but he pitched well for you and set you up to win. It was not his fault you blew Games 6 & 7.

I'm not blaming Clemens for either series. Clemens just never had any guts when in big games for Boston. When the pressure was on Roger was no where to be found. It rubs me the wrong way just like I'm sure Wells asking out bothers you and other Yankee fans, because Wells didn't cost the Yankees the World Series either.

If I had any feelings left you might have hurt one of em' gee whiz I've never heard a computer geek get so bent out of shape over a little sports talk, but I was'nt calling you out; as the foremost reckognized Red Sox authority and baseball guy i wuz jist askin' yer opinin'. but I see now, thats cool just another beligerent voice in a sea of beligerent voices.

That makes this the longest WS game ever.

Who's gonna be the hero?

I'm gonna go with Berkman, not much of a longshot.

I guess it's safe to say that this series is pretty much over. White Sox have been playing great baseball since the last week of September. They deserve the ring. In my opinion I think Cleveland by getting so hot and pushing the White Sox really helped the team get back on track (instead of ending up like other teams like Seattle in 2000 for example). Hopefully the city of Chicago won't be burnt down when they win.

Hopefully the city of Chicago won't be burnt down when they win.

and hopefully no deaths at the celebration like last year.

Still want Oswalt over Clemens in a big game?(I'm talking vintage clemens not this old, injured version)

This has been one of the best lopsided World Series in baseball history. Every game has been good, Chicago is just getting all the breaks!

Break out the brooms.....it may be early but let me be the first to congratulate Chicago and their fans for a long deserved well earned World Series title.

Good job Ozzie Guillen, even though I don't know what the hell you are saying when you open your mouth. :lol:

nyjunc said:
and hopefully no deaths at the celebration like last year.

Still want Oswalt over Clemens in a big game?(I'm talking vintage clemens not this old, injured version)

Agreed about the death that was very unfortunate last year, accidental or not.

As far as Oswalt, yes I'll still take him in a do or die situation over Clemens. He had 1 bad playoff start in his career which was only 1 bad inning (granted he only pitched in 2 post seasons).

I just want Hous to at least win tonight so Chi can't tie the Yanks record of going 11-1 in a postseason year when we did it in '99.

nyjunc said:
I just want Hous to at least win tonight so Chi can't tie the Yanks record of going 11-1 in a postseason year when we did it in '99.

I don't want Chicago to win tonight so they can't tie the Red Sox record for 8 straight post season victories (in 1 year). Then of course I'll have to root against Houston so they won't be the 2nd team to come back from being down 3 games to none.

Ray Finkle said:
I don't want Chicago to win tonight so they can't tie the Red Sox record for 8 straight post season victories (in 1 year). Then of course I'll have to root against Houston so they won't be the 2nd team to come back from being down 3 games to none.

11-1 is more impressive than 11-3 w/ 8 straight wins and the Yanks have won 11 straight but only 7 in 1 postseason year.

Ray Finkle said:

This is stuff that means nothing to nobody you do realize that :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom