2006 Draft.Who do you want? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 Draft.Who do you want?

JAY CUTLER! what......... does no one think we dont need a QB??????

Why does everyone think Jay Culter is going to be drafted so high?
what has he done since the season has ended?
he didnt even have that great of numbers
no teams in front of us needs a QB that bad to reach for Cutler in the top 10
so dont worry
Jay Cutler will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bartowboy said:
Who would you like to see Miami to pick this season?
Ngata,Hawk,Greenway.Mario Williams,Ferguson,Huff,Young,Cutler.I want us to draft at least 5 of those guys in the 1st round...... :sidelol:

Ozzy rules!!

I want:
RD 1: CB Ashton Youboty CB Ohio State
Why: Need for CB and he's the best one in this draft by a far margin cause Jimmy Williams is a FS. Pro Comparison: Shawn Springs. Strong upper body, very good athlete, good hands, not afraid to mix it up and tackle in the run game.
Acceptable Alternatives: Michael Huff, Chad Greenway, Santonio Holmes, trading down.

RD 2: Joe Thomas LT/LG Wisconsin
Why: Need OL help and he represents a strong value here. In a draft deep at LT it's easy to ask why I'd select a tweener and the answer is this cat is 1 mean dude with great technique and the skill level to match. Im really hoping that other teams will view his tweener status as a bad thing cause he will be an elite LT. I have little doubt. Pro comparison: Im not sure there really is one. I'd venture to say Jon Runyan since he's one of the few good run blocking LT's.
Acceptable Alternatives: Andrew Whitworth, Jon Scott, Bobby Carpenter

RD 3: Chad Jackson WR Florida
Why: We need more depth here and he's got a nice upside with starter potential. Relatively polished as a route runner, with above average speed, abilty to separate vs faster CB's and good hands. Tough after the catch with decent moves. Biggest downfall is that he has to do a better job reading the play and adjusting his route on blitzes, that comes with time though. Pro comparison: Donald Driver
Acceptable Alternatives: Freddie Roach, Jabari Levy, Brodie Croyle, Anthony Schlegal

RD 4: Drew Olsen QB UCLA
Why: Need to groom a young player at the position and Olsen has the tools. Good arm, accuracy, delivery and touch. Mechanics and footwork need tweaking. Reading D's has to become more of a stronger point. Question quality of oppositions. Pro Comparison: Trent Green (and like Green will need time, around a year) to learn the pro game.
Acceptable alternatives: Best Player Available (BPA from this point on)

RD 5: Greg Blue
Why: Need for a safety fast enough to cover. Vicious hitter with a mean attitude. Plays the ball well with decent hands. Causes TO's. Caught out of position on occassion and question conditioning and deep speed. Pro Comparison: Lawyer Milloy
Acceptable Alternatives: Elvis Dumervill, Tim Massaquoai, BPA

Boik14 said:
I want:

RD 3: Chad Jackson WR Florida
Why: We need more depth here and he's got a nice upside with starter potential. Relatively polished as a route runner, with above average speed, abilty to separate vs faster CB's and good hands. Tough after the catch with decent moves. Biggest downfall is that he has to do a better job reading the play and adjusting his route on blitzes, that comes with time though. Pro comparison: Donald Driver
Acceptable Alternatives: Freddie Roach, Jabari Levy, Brodie Croyle, Anthony Schlegal

I'm not being a homer at when I say WTF?!? you don't honestly think he'll last that long do you? He's a late first round pick, with only Holmes and maybe Hagan rated above him.

SpeedRush99 said:
I'm not being a homer at when I say WTF?!? you don't honestly think he'll last that long do you? He's a late first round pick, with only Holmes and maybe Hagan rated above him.
Holmes, Hagan, Moss, Avant, Jackson. 5th best wr in the draft. You are being a UF homer.

Boik14 said:
Try scout.com

The draft rankings they have up right now aren't very accurate, a few of those guys aren't even coming out. And even they don't have Moss anywhere near Jackson. I can't believe they have Avant that high, unreal.

SpeedRush99 said:
The draft rankings they have up right now aren't very accurate, a few of those guys aren't even coming out.
Ya but they do give the best scouting reports and info. Anyway, Jackson simply isnt fast enough to warrant being a higher slection than any of the 4 I mentioned. On top of that UF Wr's get such a bad rap for being soft that I really dont think a team will gamble anything higher than a late 2nd at best on him.

Boik14 said:
Ya but they do give the best scouting reports and info. Anyway, Jackson simply isnt fast enough to warrant being a higher slection than any of the 4 I mentioned. On top of that UF Wr's get such a bad rap for being soft that I really dont think a team will gamble anything higher than a late 2nd at best on him.

You make some valid points but I still think he'll go higher and I'd take him over Avant and Moss anyday. Holmes and Hagan are the only ones that should go ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom