2006 Draft.Who do you want? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 Draft.Who do you want?

SpeedRush99 said:
You make some valid points but I still think he'll go higher and I'd take him over Avant and Moss anyday. Holmes and Hagan are the only ones that should go ahead of him.
I guess we'll agree to disagree and find out for sure in a few months.

IMO, I feel that Holmes and Hagan have decisive advantages across the board over Jackson. Then when you look at moss and see his hands and speed it makes you say "home run hitter". Does Moss carry risk? Yes, all speed based wr's who really need to refine their routes are going to run the risk of just being guys that you can only stretch the field vertically with. But his brother carried a similar label and he has a good work ethic. As far as Avant, I dont think there is a more reliable pair of hands out there in this draft. His speed is at least as good and he played in a pro style offense

Boik14 said:
I guess we'll agree to disagree and find out for sure in a few months.

IMO, I feel that Holmes and Hagan have decisive advantages across the board over Jackson. Then when you look at moss and see his hands and speed it makes you say "home run hitter". Does Moss carry risk? Yes, all speed based wr's who really need to refine their routes are going to run the risk of just being guys that you can only stretch the field vertically with. But his brother carried a similar label and he has a good work ethic. As far as Avant, I dont think there is a more reliable pair of hands out there in this draft. His speed is at least as good and he played in a pro style offense

All good points. IMO Jackson has as good as hands as you can find. I've seen him make some unbelieveable catches the last couple years. I know he doesn't have break neck speed but he has enough. He's extremely reliable and would be a perfect slot/posession receiver, a solid #2.

SpeedRush99 said:
He's extremely reliable and would be a perfect slot/posession receiver.
Exactly. When do slot/possession wr's who are, for lack of a better term, speed challenged, go in rd 1? Theyre usually mid round selections.

Thats how I feel anyway. Have a good night, im gonna catch some zzzz's

Well the current definition of possession WR is just completely skewed anyway. Possession used to mean a WR did something with the ball after he caught it like Keyshawn Johnson does after the catch. Then again so does Marvin Harrison and Terell Owens. The type of WR when people now here about WRs are slower guys like say an Oronde Gadsen.

Boik14 said:
I want:
RD 1: CB Ashton Youboty CB Ohio State
Why: Need for CB and he's the best one in this draft by a far margin cause Jimmy Williams is a FS. Pro Comparison: Shawn Springs. Strong upper body, very good athlete, good hands, not afraid to mix it up and tackle in the run game.
Acceptable Alternatives: Michael Huff, Chad Greenway, Santonio Holmes, trading down.

RD 2: Joe Thomas LT/LG Wisconsin
Why: Need OL help and he represents a strong value here. In a draft deep at LT it's easy to ask why I'd select a tweener and the answer is this cat is 1 mean dude with great technique and the skill level to match. Im really hoping that other teams will view his tweener status as a bad thing cause he will be an elite LT. I have little doubt. Pro comparison: Im not sure there really is one. I'd venture to say Jon Runyan since he's one of the few good run blocking LT's.
Acceptable Alternatives: Andrew Whitworth, Jon Scott, Bobby Carpenter

RD 3: Chad Jackson WR Florida
Why: We need more depth here and he's got a nice upside with starter potential. Relatively polished as a route runner, with above average speed, abilty to separate vs faster CB's and good hands. Tough after the catch with decent moves. Biggest downfall is that he has to do a better job reading the play and adjusting his route on blitzes, that comes with time though. Pro comparison: Donald Driver
Acceptable Alternatives: Freddie Roach, Jabari Levy, Brodie Croyle, Anthony Schlegal

RD 4: Drew Olsen QB UCLA
Why: Need to groom a young player at the position and Olsen has the tools. Good arm, accuracy, delivery and touch. Mechanics and footwork need tweaking. Reading D's has to become more of a stronger point. Question quality of oppositions. Pro Comparison: Trent Green (and like Green will need time, around a year) to learn the pro game.
Acceptable alternatives: Best Player Available (BPA from this point on)

RD 5: Greg Blue
Why: Need for a safety fast enough to cover. Vicious hitter with a mean attitude. Plays the ball well with decent hands. Causes TO's. Caught out of position on occassion and question conditioning and deep speed. Pro Comparison: Lawyer Milloy
Acceptable Alternatives: Elvis Dumervill, Tim Massaquoai, BPA

Jackson in the 3rd is possible...

Blue in the 5th is not very likley...

Other than Olson that's a very hopeful draft...

Jackson in the 3rd would be one of the biggest steals I've ever seen.

RD 2: Joe Thomas LT/LG Wisconsin

He's not coming out this year as he had an ACL injury in Wisconsin's bowl game while playing defense of all things.

I dont think we should go for a CB, cuz theres no 1st round caliber CB. I dont watch much college ball, but if we were to take a CB, I'd say Huff.
Madison wants to leave, and I think we should trade him or release him.

I think we should go for QB in the first, cuz theres 3 great QBs, and a few good ones.

Obviously, leinart and vince will be gone, so I say Cutler.

How great would it be for us to have that young RB, young Oline, young receivers, and finally, a young QB who we know can get it done. He'll be our carson palmer...a kind of guy where you know your set for the next decade.

maddendude said:
I dont think we should go for a CB, cuz theres no 1st round caliber CB. I dont watch much college ball, but if we were to take a CB, I'd say Huff.

Huff is a Safety.

He can play CB quite well.

Asuming Cutler is not there because dont think he will make it past Zona or Det :
Round 1: OLB - Ryans or Greenway
Round 2: DB - Youboty or Ko Simpson
Round 3: QB - Brodey Croyle or Omar Jacobs
Round 4: DT - Wrotten or Gabe Watson if either on is there, or likely Kyle WIlliams (The other LSU DT)
Round 5: DB -Dwyane Slay or Marcus Maxey depending on 2nd selection.
Round 6: C - ????? Castilo from fsu comes to mind as a talented player who was injury plagued and could be a nice grab.
Round 7: any SEC players Saban likes for all our 7th, not even going to try to guess

Back
Top Bottom