2006 Mock Drafts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 Mock Drafts

LithoMan said:
theres too many great tackles and gaurds to even venture a first rounder on one of em. Pick em up in the second. we probably will be getting at least one extra first rounder for JT, probably not Zach, but you never know.

With one of those extras, i wouldnt have problems with a tackle or gaurd pickup, but just if we have only one first rounder.

How did you feel about us taking Ronnie Brown at #2 this year, since this years draft was loaded at Running back.

godfater21 said:
How did you feel about us taking Ronnie Brown at #2 this year, since this years draft was loaded at Running back.

We got us a good RB, just not the best. Carnell would of been my target, for a RB (which we could of had him).

Like in the 04 draft. forget Vernon "Drew" carey, Shawn Andrews was my target all the way. Philly beat us to the punch, but we could of had him, we just had to beat Philly, which wouldnt have been much more then we paid to get Carey.

I would of taken what I could of got, and moved down and grabbed me Alex Baron, is what I would of done. Many questioned my statements and flat out called me stupid when i said what I said before the 04 draft on vernon carey, now I see they all shut up. Shawn has shown that he aint all hype, and deserved the hype, NOT Carey. But, they wont admit it, it just feels good that they are now the ones criticising the dude now, since he made them look dumb.

The last two years draft were loaded for the OL, we could of had one hell of an All Pro Line the last two drafts. but, next years is loaded with OL. We can vastly improve it without "reaching" early to build us a very good OL.

But, back to Ronniel, good 1000 all purpose yard back, just not stellar. We'll all be thinking by the end of the season, that we should of grabbed Carnell. "Ronnie is good, but damn, look what carnell did!" is what we will be hearing.

The key is, know your limitations, pick accordingly, and stratigize the draft. Trust me, all the GM's know what the limitations of the other teams are, if the other GM's need draft or pick BAP's. Saban showed his rookie stripes, but he needs to get his a$$ in gear come draft day in 06. Sure, he picked good players, but their all replacements for what we got now. He passed on an excellent SS LB TWICE!

Oh well, keep getting off topic. Just got too much running in my head of why this team is hit this year. But, I'm not pissed, just trying to figure out what he is thinking (Saban).

Jimi said:
My dream scenario: Feeley shows enuff for Saban to be confident in him as our future. We take Manuel Wright in the 4th in this years supplemental draft. We then take one of the top LT's next year(theres a lot) such as my personal favorite Marcus McNeil.

isn't McNeil an RT? If you want a top LT go with Ferguson or Scott.

I have no problem drafting Jacobs or Leinhart (Leak will not declare early). Another QB possibility is the QB out of Texas A&M (Reggie McNeal?)

I like Brooks as a player, but if we were to draft a LB I'd rather draft Chad Greenway.

I would love Matt Leinart in the draft, after him on the wishlist for me is Rod Wright from Texas than D'Brickshaw Fergusan. I think all 3 of them would have been the top player at there positions this year and are gonna be good pro's.

djfresh47 said:
I would love Matt Leinart in the draft, after him on the wishlist for me is Rod Wright from Texas than D'Brickshaw Fergusan. I think all 3 of them would have been the top player at there positions this year and are gonna be good pro's.

Ok, got a question for you. Why do you think leinart is great?

LithoMan said:
We got us a good RB, just not the best. Carnell would of been my target, for a RB (which we could of had him).

Like in the 04 draft. forget Vernon "Drew" carey, Shawn Andrews was my target all the way. Philly beat us to the punch, but we could of had him, we just had to beat Philly, which wouldnt have been much more then we paid to get Carey.

I would of taken what I could of got, and moved down and grabbed me Alex Baron, is what I would of done. Many questioned my statements and flat out called me stupid when i said what I said before the 04 draft on vernon carey, now I see they all shut up. Shawn has shown that he aint all hype, and deserved the hype, NOT Carey. But, they wont admit it, it just feels good that they are now the ones criticising the dude now, since he made them look dumb.

The last two years draft were loaded for the OL, we could of had one hell of an All Pro Line the last two drafts. but, next years is loaded with OL. We can vastly improve it without "reaching" early to build us a very good OL.

But, back to Ronniel, good 1000 all purpose yard back, just not stellar. We'll all be thinking by the end of the season, that we should of grabbed Carnell. "Ronnie is good, but damn, look what carnell did!" is what we will be hearing.

The key is, know your limitations, pick accordingly, and stratigize the draft. Trust me, all the GM's know what the limitations of the other teams are, if the other GM's need draft or pick BAP's. Saban showed his rookie stripes, but he needs to get his a$$ in gear come draft day in 06. Sure, he picked good players, but their all replacements for what we got now. He passed on an excellent SS LB TWICE!

Oh well, keep getting off topic. Just got too much running in my head of why this team is hit this year. But, I'm not pissed, just trying to figure out what he is thinking (Saban).

So going off you two statements your all for taking a RB in the first round of a loaded RB draft.(since your fine with an H2 but you wanted a caddy, i was a benson man myself). but you don't want to take a o-lineman in the first with a loaded o-lineman draft. Myself if are o-line does not inprove this year. i would rather draft an orlando pace in the first than get a wade smith in the second.

Also on the Carey draft pick. you can't condem a man when the whole line sucked. Philly always has good lineman because they have a good o-line coach. with us getting houck this offseason we will see what carey can do.

LithoMan said:

The highlight is what I said I would of done, but if taking a RB, then the stuff bolded in red. Ya dig?

djfresh47 said:

lets see what leinart does this year without norm chow. i don't like leinart and it may just be me but iIMO he will be an NFL bust.

alk
LithoMan said:
Ok, got a question for you. Why do you think leinart is great?

2 national championships, you can say that USC is the most talented team in the country, but USC was weak at wideout at the start of the year and he still won. Against Oklahoma whether you thought they were better than Auburn or not he was incredible. Physically I believe Vince Young is the most talented player at the Qb position but he's also the biggest risk because he has yet to become a polished passer. Leinart is the most polished QB in college football, and was the most polished QB last year also. Potentially he can be a 3 time national champion and a 2 time heismen trophy winner. I don't like the QB situation the team is in now, and believe that if Feeley does not improve dramatically than QB is the route to go and I think Leinart is far and away the best QB, and probably the best prospect also. He would've gone number 1 this year, and to all the other prospects who will be named who else would've?

godfater21 said:
So going off you two statements your all for taking a RB in the first round of a loaded RB draft.(since your fine with an H2 but you wanted a caddy, i was a benson man myself). but you don't want to take a o-lineman in the first with a loaded o-lineman draft. Myself if are o-line does not inprove this year. i would rather draft an orlando pace in the first than get a wade smith in the second.

Also on the Carey draft pick. you can't condem a man when the whole line sucked. Philly always has good lineman because they have a good o-line coach. with us getting houck this offseason we will see what carey can do.

True, I dont condemn Carey, I condemn wanny/rick. They had no clue what they were doing, but we all finally understand that, some later then others.

Like I said, Carey was a great technique guy. But, they usually take about two years to develop. Carey will still be looking like a rookie, since this is his "first" season with a real OL coach. I dont expect alot from him this year. so, even though he is a great technique player, you dont draft them guys until the second or third, not the mid of the first round. I loved the hype machine in 04. "Carey had great power and consumes DL", "Shawn is overweight and is a finess player". I always thought, what are these guys, freakin morons. They had it bass ackwards. Their analysis was totally 180 out of phase. Shawn was the overwhelming player that would just consume DL. He goes to Philly, they do surgery on his nose to remove the pollups, get him off the drugs, and the dude loses 70 pounds instantly, and becomes a total stud. A unlucky break of the leg week 1, or he would of been competing for the pro bowl. But, he still is one bad a$$, Carey is still being groomed. And will have growing pains yet this season.

i would of give more to get Andrews, then to get stuck with Carey. I said it back before the 04 draft, so I am very comfortable saying that now. ITS NOT HINDSIGHT.

djfresh47 said:
alk

2 national championships, you can say that USC is the most talented team in the country, but USC was weak at wideout at the start of the year and he still won. Against Oklahoma whether you thought they were better than Auburn or not he was incredible. Physically I believe Vince Young is the most talented player at the Qb position but he's also the biggest risk because he has yet to become a polished passer. Leinart is the most polished QB in college football, and was the most polished QB last year also. Potentially he can be a 3 time national champion and a 2 time heismen trophy winner. I don't like the QB situation the team is in now, and believe that if Feeley does not improve dramatically than QB is the route to go and I think Leinart is far and away the best QB, and probably the best prospect also. He would've gone number 1 this year, and to all the other prospects who will be named who else would've?

I agree, he would of been the #1 overall pick. But, the dude just cost himself at least 40% of his paycheck, by not coming out this season. Boo hooo, he likes college so much, boo hooo. You dont cut your own throat to stay for a year of school, when the moeny ebing thrown at you is more then we could make in a lifetime. the dude is a flat out chicken sheet, and it will cost his sorry a$$. he dont believe in himself, and most NFL teams wont either, NOW.

He wont win a NC, trust me. They are done, and so is he in 06. I hope the dude slips to 20th or worse. He showed he sucks, because he dont even believe in himself to come out, and get paid at least, before he flops. Then he could of went back to school..... boooooo hoooooooo.

LithoMan said:
theres too many great tackles and gaurds to even venture a first rounder on one of em. Pick em up in the second. we probably will be getting at least one extra first rounder for JT, probably not Zach, but you never know.

With one of those extras, i wouldnt have problems with a tackle or gaurd pickup, but just if we have only one first rounder.

Ifr we have a top 3, like I think we are heading for, if we are going to get us a LB, its got to be AJ Hawk all the way!!! SS LB to switch to our 3-4, and he will be one of the best.

wow, when I think what OSU alone is going to be stocking teams with come the 06 draft, then I think of Miami, OU, and USC (all but the great turd Leinert), this is gonna be one hell of a draft!

Man... where do I start.

First, there is a HUGE difference between a LT and a RG. I would NEVER draft a RG high, so I agree with you there. However I said I would take one of the top 3 LTs. Franchise LT's come along once every few years... next years draft has 3 potential ones in it. If you wait until the second round to take a LT, chances are you have a dud. Just because the draft has a lot of good Oline guys doesnt mean you should wait til a later round to draft one.

You dont want the 5th best LT in a draft as your starting LT.... look over the history of LT's taken in the first round then check the starting LTs in the NFL.... you should notice a pattern. LT is a premium position because most QBs in the NFL are right handed and the left side is their blind side. If you have the option of taking a franchise LT at the #8-10 spot, its a no brainer. You dont wait a few rounds and take his backup. :lol:

Second, who is going to give us a first rounder for JT. By your statement, I assume you mean we will trade him next year. Right now, our Dline is pretty weak. Who will be our starting ends next year? Carter is aging, Holliday is unproven, Roth is still young, and Bowens is smaller than Taylor. Also, where do we have the cap space to take on JT's dead cap? Its not a matter of finding someone to trade him to, Im sure there are 25 teams in the NFL that would love him as an end...... is why would we take on like 8 million dead cap if we trade him before June 1st next year? Most likely, IF we traded JT, we would trade him before June 1st so we could get a pick we could use in the upcoming draft..... so how are you gonna handle your 8 million in dead cap by trading JT for a 1st rounder Mr. Cap-ologist? :lol:

Check his contract, JT is basically untouchable for a few years til his cap number comes down. We could split his cap hit over 2 years, but that would mean he would be traded AFTER June 1st and we would be sitting on draft picks for a year. Thats not an ideal situation if we are supposed to be making a playoff push in 2006.

I would be truley upset if Leak was the pick, because I don't think he will translate into a good pro QB. I think the NFL scouts will see that too and he won't be a big prospect meaning he won't come out early, and won't be taken nearly that early. People were upset with Rogers' size, this guy is at least 3 inches smaller. I would love Jacobs or Leinart if Feeley doesn't step up. A LT would be nice in this loaded class, but I am hoping McIntosh or Carey or someone is good enough where we don't need to draft one. I don't think there is a chance Brooks is picked that high. There are at least two LB's that are better than him. Chad Greenway and A.J. Hawk might have challenged for the top LB taken in this draft had they come out.

would be sweet if we managed to pick up rod and manny wright and we're sorted at DT for 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom