2006 Mock Drafts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 Mock Drafts

I think after this season, its time that we trade some players that actually have a value(1st-2nd rd). This draft looks preaty stacked and if we can get more pics, the better off will be.

FuturePhin said:
I think after this season, its time that we trade some players that actually have a value(1st-2nd rd). This draft looks preaty stacked and if we can get more pics, the better off will be.
Like who?

You said it yourself, this draft looks stacked, so who is going to want to give up picks?

LithoMan said:
I agree, he would of been the #1 overall pick. But, the dude just cost himself at least 40% of his paycheck, by not coming out this season. Boo hooo, he likes college so much, boo hooo. You dont cut your own throat to stay for a year of school, when the moeny ebing thrown at you is more then we could make in a lifetime. the dude is a flat out chicken sheet, and it will cost his sorry a$$. he dont believe in himself, and most NFL teams wont either, NOW.

He wont win a NC, trust me. They are done, and so is he in 06. I hope the dude slips to 20th or worse. He showed he sucks, because he dont even believe in himself to come out, and get paid at least, before he flops. Then he could of went back to school..... boooooo hoooooooo.

I disagree 100% with this. Under your same thinking D'Brickshaw Fergusan, Ahmad Brooks also don't believe in themselves because they did not come out. Eli and Peyton Manning did not believe in themselves because they did not come out early. I'm not positive about this but Alex Smith wants more money and is expected to get more money than Eli Manning and the 1st pick next year will most likely get more money than Alex Smith got this year so I don't believe your statement that "he cut his own throat" has any merit.

Philter25 said:
Like who?

You said it yourself, this draft looks stacked, so who is going to want to give up picks?

McMichael could get us a 2nd. Even though he's one of my all time fav's, Zach could be traded. We would need to pick up a mlb in the draft though, unless the new scheme we use doesnt use mlb as much as olb. Booker could also be delt, and Madison as well. JT's cap hit would be 8m. if Im not mistaken so he would be the last on the list. Theres players that we can trade and get younger guys in, its just the #'s game that I for one am unsure of.

Leak is a pansy. Leinhart will go #1 overall. i wouldnt be surprised if a team traded up to get him.

though i think the titans will have the #1 overall pick. and they will NEED a QB when McNair retires.

FuturePhin said:
McMichael could get us a 2nd. Even though he's one of my all time fav's, Zach could be traded. We would need to pick up a mlb in the draft though, unless the new scheme we use doesnt use mlb as much as olb. Booker could also be delt, and Madison as well. JT's cap hit would be 8m. if Im not mistaken so he would be the last on the list. Theres players that we can trade and get younger guys in, its just the #'s game that I for one am unsure of.

Randy could get us a second, but theres no way we trade him. We will franchise Randy McMichael if we cant reach a long term solution. You said in your original post about players getting a 1st.. thats what I questioned because Randy is our highest trade value. Booker should not be dealt. He has the best hands on the team, a cap friendly contract, and is still young with more years left in him. Madison I would trade... his cap hit will be minimal next year so i agree with that. I think we are looking at a 3rd for him though. For that price, I rather keep him around and have him play nickel for us or #2 CB. Zach has too high of a cap hit, and he is aging and I think would net a 3rd also. JT, well read my post I made 2 pages ago, we are not taking on 8 million in dead cap. Ill leave it at that.

My point is we dont have any player that teams will give up a 1st rounder for. Randy is the only one and thats a stretch. I dont see any team giving up a 1st rounder for a TE.

As for younger players, on offense we are VERY young. I cant think of a single player at 30 on offense. We have a young RB corps, young WR, young QB, and one of the youngest Olines in the NFL.

On defense is where we are aging. We need a young DT, LB, and S. We can easily pick those guys up in drafts and not have to trade people to get them.

Philter25 said:
Randy could get us a second, but theres no way we trade him. We will franchise Randy McMichael if we cant reach a long term solution. You said in your original post about players getting a 1st.. thats what I questioned because Randy is our highest trade value. Booker should not be dealt. He has the best hands on the team, a cap friendly contract, and is still young with more years left in him. Madison I would trade... his cap hit will be minimal next year so i agree with that. I think we are looking at a 3rd for him though. For that price, I rather keep him around and have him play nickel for us or #2 CB. Zach has too high of a cap hit, and he is aging and I think would net a 3rd also. JT, well read my post I made 2 pages ago, we are not taking on 8 million in dead cap. Ill leave it at that.

My point is we dont have any player that teams will give up a 1st rounder for. Randy is the only one and thats a stretch. I dont see any team giving up a 1st rounder for a TE.

As for younger players, on offense we are VERY young. I cant think of a single player at 30 on offense. We have a young RB corps, young WR, young QB, and one of the youngest Olines in the NFL.

On defense is where we are aging. We need a young DT, LB, and S. We can easily pick those guys up in drafts and not have to trade people to get them

Word............ :cooldude:

However, depending on how they play this year, we may need a new QB or LT regardless of age.
I hope not.........hopefully, McIntosh blossoms (fully healthy now with Houck teaching), and Feeley steps up.

way too early for this stuff, 20 players will emerge just this year and move up to the first round. Wait till they at least suit up for college before we draft someone.

Back
Top Bottom