2006 NASCAR Predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 NASCAR Predictions

It'll Happen11

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The other NASCAR thread inspired me.

Who is your pick to win it all this season?

Damn, I tried to make this thread a poll, but I f'ed up. Oh well, anyways, my prediction is that Stewart repeats with Edwards and Gordon at 2 and 3.

Right now, I like Jeff Gordon; he had things figured out by the end of the season and would have been in the Chase but for some terrible luck. Tony Stewart's a close second.

phunwin said:
Right now, I like Jeff Gordon; he had things figured out by the end of the season and would have been in the Chase but for some terrible luck. Tony Stewart's a close second.

Hendrick Motor sports is in a rebuilding stage right now. There is no denying the talent there, but I don't think this will be their year.

Gibbs racing has it's stuff together, best at the end of last year and testing so far. I look for T. Stewart and D. Hamlin to have good seasons.

Robert Yates Racing has always had the necessary horse power but their aero package has been in the dumps for years. With the new Ford Fusion body's being introduced the year, the aero problems should be worked out. Look for Saddler and Jarrett to have good seasons.

Rousch racing looks good as usual. Bush left, but Martin stayed for the team. Look for them to have two or three guys in the chase again.

Penskee racing looks to be the sleeper to me. Newman has been on the edge of a great season for a couple years now, and Bush will be the missing link to that teams success.

DEI racing will be a toss up. Jr. is back with Jr. and that is a recipe for success. Hopefully Truex and Jr. can work together and build that team up again.

I think it will come down to

Saddler (wish it was Jarrett)
Stewart
Jr.
Newman

And I think Saddler will walk away with it.

17-0 said:
Hendrick Motor sports is in a rebuilding stage right now. There is no denying the talent there, but I don't think this will be their year.

:confused: :confused:

Was not Johnson 2nd or 3rd in points?
Was not Gordon the hottest racer over the last 10 races?

I would not say rebuilding, I would say retooling.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
:confused: :confused:

Was not Johnson 2nd or 3rd in points?
Was not Gordon the hottest racer over the last 10 races?

I would not say rebuilding, I would say retooling.

Like I said you can not deny the talent at that organization. They made a lot of changes this off season through out the organization. Even with quality of their drivers I do not see them being as dominate as in recent years. JJ is probably the shining light over there. He will probably be the only driver out of that camp to make the chase this year (again).

My way early top 10 for 2006:

5 Kyle Bush
6 Mark Martin
8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
12 Ryan Newman
16 Greg Biffle
20 Tony Stewart
24 Jeff Gordon
26 Jamie McMurray
29 Kevin Harvick
48 Jimmie Johnson

MonkeyDog said:
My way early top 10 for 2006:

5 Kyle Bush
6 Mark Martin
8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
12 Ryan Newman
16 Greg Biffle
20 Tony Stewart
24 Jeff Gordon
26 Jamie McMurray
29 Kevin Harvick
48 Jimmie Johnson

It looks good but I don't think that Yates racing will be left out of the fun this year.

I'll go with a top 10.

I think this will be the order after Richmond, entering the final 10:

1) Jeff Gordon
2) Carl Edwards
3) Tony Stewart
4) Dale Earnhardt Jr.
5) Mark Martin
6) Kyle Busch
7) Greg Biffle
8) Kevin Harvick
9) Jeremy Mayfield
10) Jeff Burton

This will be the final finish order (reversed for drama)

10) Jeremy Mayfield
9) Kevin Harvick
8) Dale Earnhardt Jr.
7) Greg Biffle
6) Jeff Burton
5) Kyle Busch
4) Tony Stewart
3) Jeff Gordon
2) Carl Edwards
1) Mark Martin

Yes, I think Mark will end his career on top. It's only fitting for such a good guy to have that result.

Here's my top ten:

Jimmy Johnson
Kyle Bush
Mark Martin
Elliot Sadler
Greg Bifle
Tony Stewart
Jr.
Dale Jarrett
Ryan Newman
Kurt Bush

Back