2008 San Diego Padres Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008 San Diego Padres Thread

Looks like our awesome shortstop will be going to arbitration. He will probably be traded here shortly as well. That stinks. He wants to get traded to a east coast team so he can be closer to family. We shall see.

Oh man lucky you. I went to the Spring Training Cactus League games pretty regulary when I went to ASU...mainly to see the Cubs in Mesa at Hohokam Park, and also to see the Giants in Scottsdale, and the A's at Phoenix Municipal Stadium...I think Brewers and a few other teams were also there. I was thinking of heading to Tucson to see the Rockies, but I will probably just stay here this year. Good luck to the Padres....but I think the Rockies are now the team to beat in the NL West.

Oh man lucky you. I went to the Spring Training Cactus League games pretty regulary when I went to ASU...mainly to see the Cubs in Mesa at Hohokam Park, and also to see the Giants in Scottsdale, and the A's at Phoenix Municipal Stadium...I think Brewers and a few other teams were also there. I was thinking of heading to Tucson to see the Rockies, but I will probably just stay here this year. Good luck to the Padres....but I think the Rockies are now the team to beat in the NL West.
Bro I have a feeling that the Rockies, Diamondbacks, and Padres will be battling all year long. The Dodgers will be better with Torre at the helm, and the Giants will be making improvements as well.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Khalil, how the left fielder position turns out, and how Edmonds can play in center. There are some big parks he will have to play in, and the Padres are low on depth right now.

We will be coming into town that day. I will be with the Brother in law, and the Father in law. It would be great to see you there Kenny. If not I will definitely be back out there for the Cardinal game. How far is Peoria from where you live bro?

Its a couple of hours drive...we would probably get a hotel and spend the night. I already breached the subject with Mama and didnt get much resistance. We enjoy watching the Sidewinders (Triple A D-backs affiliate) and the 4 year old has already been asking when we are going again.

PM me your schedule for games. Would be great to meet up at a game..specially the D-backs ~vs~ Padres:up:

Its a couple of hours drive...we would probably get a hotel and spend the night. I already breached the subject with Mama and didnt get much resistance. We enjoy watching the Sidewinders (Triple A D-backs affiliate) and the 4 year old has already been asking when we are going again.

PM me your schedule for games. Would be great to meet up at a game..specially the D-backs ~vs~ Padres:up:
Bro sent you a pm. If you want to get tickets for the Diamondback game, they are still available.

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/spring_training/tickets.jsp?c_id=sd

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/padres/20080125-9999-1s25padnotes.html

General Manager Kevin Towers said the Padres have had recent communications with the Cubs and Pirates, respectively, regarding right-handed-hitting corner outfielders Matt Murton and Xavier Nady.

Murton, 26, hit .281 with eight homers and 22 RBI with the Cubs last year and batted .297 with 13 homers and 62 RBI in 144 games with the Cubs in 2006. Talks with the Cubs regarding Murton began after the Cubs outbid the Padres for Japanese outfielder Kosuke Fukudome.
Nady, who started his career with the Padres, is a .272 career hitter with 62 homers and 226 RBI in 524 games. “With Fukudome in Chicago, Murton might be available,†Towers said. “We've exchanged a few more e-mails with the Pirates on Nady, but I don't know if we match up very well for a trade.â€

Becky Moores seeks divorce from Padres owner John Moores.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/padres/20080206-9999-1s6moores.html

This could be a major problem for the Padres.
As for those who remember history, the reason Dr. Jerry Buss owns the Lakers is that Jack Kent Cooke, the Lakers/Kings/Forum owner divorced in the late 1970's and needed to to sell that valuable sports trio to come up with the cash to pay off the ex-wife. The payoff was a then record $ 42,000,000.

This could be a major problem for the Padres.
As for those who remember history, the reason Dr. Jerry Buss owns the Lakers is that Jack Kent Cooke, the Lakers/Kings/Forum owner divorced in the late 1970's and needed to to sell that valuable sports trio to come up with the cash to pay off the ex-wife. The payoff was a then record $ 42,000,000.
Brother Michael good to here from you. They have already said that they both have the Padres best interest at heart. They have a daughter that works within the organization as well already, so she could be a stablizing force should it get touchy. I hope that doesn't happen with the Padres.;)

Back
Top Bottom