***2010 NBA Free Agency Thread*** | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***2010 NBA Free Agency Thread***

I think they'll make the playoffs. That team will play at a frenetic pace.....and Felton is going to love it.

anybody know the numbers on mike millers contract

I think its around 5 yrs 25 mil with a first year salary ~4.3 mil. They're probably still working on it to figure out how to get him signed and bring Haslem and Anthony back. Haslem returning would be huge....that's 30 minutes in the frontcourt you no longer have to worry about.

Familiar faces are popping up as well. Lebron's favorite spot up shooter Big Z might to be coming on down, along with Arroyo. With the big three in place, it doesn't look like its going to be very hard for Riley to fill out the bench with quality players.

Gotta think Knicks fans and members of the FO are pissed. They were sold on how they'd clear up as much space as possible and that they would get 2 max level players. I know I really hated how a lot of New York people acted pbecause all I heard is ""how can anybody turn us down? We're New York!". And I honestly think Amar'e went to New York under the assumption another max guy was coming.

While getting Felton, Amare, Randolph, and Turiaf make them a better team (with Randolph having the potential to be a VERY good player) their starting lineup will probably be...
PG-Felton
SG-Chandler
SF-Gallinari
PF-Randolph
C-Amare
with Douglas and Turiaf off the bench

While that team may be fun to watch, there is absolutely no defense on that team. Teams like Orlando, Milwaukee, Chicago, Boston, Miami (no matter who they put out there with the Triad, LeBron and Wade are good defenders), and Atlanta (not great defenders outside of Smith and Horford, but a long athletic team that would give teams problems) will kill them. Hell even Toronto, which has sucked at defense for a couple years, have discovered some young guys who are very good defenders (Amir Johnson, DeMar Derozan, Sonnie Weems, potentially Soloman Alabi and Ed Davis)

And how will Amare do without Nash? I know Felton isn't a scrub starter like Chris Duhon, but the MJ/Larry Brown regime loves DJ Augustine and you don't just let good PGs walk.

And how will Amare do without Nash? I know Felton isn't a scrub starter like Chris Duhon, but the MJ/Larry Brown regime loves DJ Augustine and you don't just let good PGs walk.

Amare will be just fine. His touches will go up with an offense that'll depend more on him, and if he gets 20 attempts he could easily average 30 ppg.

I don't know why Charlotte let Felton go. Brown has not shown Augustin much love.....the poor kid gets sporadic minutes and benched for long stretches when he does something Brown doesn't approve of, which seems to be quite often. Everyone in this area just assumed Felton would be re-signed because he has shown improvement under Brown's tutelage and he is more of a Brown type PG than Augustin....big, physical, and under control. In fact last year they offered Felton more money than hes going to get this offseason from the Knicks, but at the time he thought he was worth 10+ mil. per yr.

I chalk it up to yet another baffling move by LB the GM. Its what happens when you give that guy control of a franchise.....he does some inexplicable things. Not that I have a great love for Felton, but if the price being bandied about is what hes actually going to be paid, they should have kept him. If for no other reason than have the asset available to trade in the future.

I do think its good for Felton. He'll thrive under D'Antoni. He can be pretty spectacular in the open court, and now that hes free from that incredibly boring and slow half court offense Brown runs, he should rack up the stats. Hes one of the fastest guys in the league with the ball in his hands and can deliver pinpoint 40 ft bounce passes with one hand.

there's still no d in new york so even if they do make the playoffs with that frenetic pace i think they're one and done...amare will have big #s he's gonna get plenty of shots and he's murder in transition...but he's not gonna stop anyone on the other end

Miller's a great sign for the Heat. Does this mean Lebron's manning the 1? With some depth and a real 5, the Heat could become as good as everyone's saying they'll be.

Back
Top Bottom