***2010 NBA Free Agency Thread*** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***2010 NBA Free Agency Thread***

I can understand Boston resigning Pierce to try and compete for a couple more years. But 4 years? If I was a Celtics fan, I think I would of rather let Pierce and Allen go and rebuild the team around Rondo. I think last season was their last shot at a title. I just don't see the Celtics competing for a championship anymore.

Wade having second meeting with the Bulls "leaning towards Bulls commitment"....FML hard...im having chest pains reading that!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5348670

"ESPN.com's Chad Ford and The Associated Press contributed to this report."

What that means is pay NO attention to this report at all. Chad Ford is the least knowledgeable guy in the business and has been spitting BS all offseason

Just heard Wade is doing a documentary about his free agent experience. I bet the "Wade considering Bulls" BS is all just a ploy to make his documentary look better.

amare signing with the knicks still doesn't make them a playoff contender in my book...he doesn't play a lick of defense and he needs a top level point to facilitate to him in his high scoring zones and off the high pick and roll...

the knicks need more...i would have brought back david lee for like $12 mil per and went after something else not named amare or joe johnson...guess the knicks feel like if they waited any longer on bron etc that they'd miss out entirely...

amare signing with the knicks still doesn't make them a playoff contender in my book...he doesn't play a lick of defense and he needs a top level point to facilitate to him in his high scoring zones and off the high pick and roll...

the knicks need more...i would have brought back david lee for like $12 mil per and went after something else not named amare or joe johnson...guess the knicks feel like if they waited any longer on bron etc that they'd miss out entirely...

If they weren't a contender with Lee, they won't be with Stoudemire. It's not like they're massively upgrading a position. They'd simply be replacing one very good PF/C with another, and not a big upgrade by any means. I also agree about Amare needing a high level PG. If they bring back Lee, sorry but Stoudemire/Lee in the paint is winning 0 championships. You need defense in the paint, Lee and Stoudemire offer 0 defense despite being great offensively. Especially when you consider the Knicks have 0 talent on that team. Gallinari, Chandler, and Douglas are all 5th-6th options on championship caliber teams. The Knicks are going to continue to be the laughing stock on the NBA. All this cap room freed up, and they're going to fail to land a LeBron or a Wade, and end up with a poor group of FA's outside of Amare. Next years FA class is incredibly poor outside of Carmelo who I think remains in Denver.

It looks like the Knicks are aiming for Lebron or 2011. It'll be tough for the fans to swallow if they miss out on Lebron, but they'll have another two max slots open next year to take a run at 'Melo, Parker, or Yao Ming.

It looks like the Knicks are aiming for Lebron or 2011. It'll be tough for the fans to swallow if they miss out on Lebron, but they'll have another two max slots open next year to take a run at 'Melo, Parker, or Yao Ming.
With all of his injuries I don't think that they will make a run at Ming.

Back
Top Bottom