***2010 NBA Free Agency Thread*** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***2010 NBA Free Agency Thread***

Umm, last I checked we were discussing LeBron's defense.

yeah well i think you went a bit overboard with how incompetent a defender bron is...i've seen that guy man up vs pgs and keep them out of the lane...he could be special on that end but the effort isn't there

he's not terrible as a defender and guys have some rough shooting nights when having to cover him on the other end all game...

Lou Williams averaged 1.3 SPG in 10 less minutes a game. Does that make Lou Williams a great defender because he gets a good amount of steals? Nope, Lou is an awful defender. In fact, there are tons of players in the NBA who average similar SPG to LeBron that are awful defenders. Steals are the most misleading stat in the NBA.

yeah well i think you went a bit overboard with how incompetent a defender bron is...i've seen that guy man up vs pgs and keep them out of the lane...he could be special on that end but the effort isn't there

he's not terrible as a defender and guys have some rough shooting nights when having to cover him on the other end all game...

You mean to tell me an exceptionally fast/quick 6'9, 250 lb player can guard much smaller PG's? Well that settles it, LeBron is a great defender after all. Except that once he defends wings he gets beat on a consistent basis... Which is sad because at that size, with that speed/quickness, he should be one of the best defenders in the NBA, but he's far from it.

You mean to tell me an exceptionally fast/quick 6'9, 250 lb player can guard much smaller PG's? Well that settles it, LeBron is a great defender after all. Except that once he defends wings he gets beat on a consistent basis... Which is sad because at that size, with that speed/quickness, he should be one of the best defenders in the NBA, but he's far from it.

lol thats what i was thinking too. i would hope he would be able to guard a pg well, seeing as how he dwarfs over them

i wonder if bron was in play for the 76ers if your tone would be a little different...

lol thats what i was thinking too. i would hope he would be able to guard a pg well, seeing as how he dwarfs over them

so you guys think small forwards that can check pgs in the nba are rampant huh??? wow...

^^ youve gotten kinda confusing with your posts. before you were saying how bron isnt that good of an on ball defender, now youre kinda defending him. nobody was saying he is a terrible defender, just not a great one

^^ youve gotten kinda confusing with your posts. before you were saying how bron isnt that good of an on ball defender, now youre kinda defending him. nobody was saying he is a terrible defender, just not a great one

my point is the guy could be a great defender...i've seen flashes of it...but again i don't think the EFFORT is there...he's not TERRIBLE at anything...period

he has all the physical attributes to be the best at just about everything in the game...minus the consistency on the jumper and the post up game...

my point is the guy could be a great defender...i've seen flashes of it...but again i don't think the EFFORT is there...he's not TERRIBLE at anything...period

he has all the physical attributes to be the best at just about everything in the game...minus the consistency on the jumper and the post up game...

oh ok. yeah he can be as good a defender as there is, he is an amazing athete

guys that are 6 ft 8 260 and built like a freight train shouldn't be able to change direction and cut on a dime with a nba pg or run the floor like a locomotive...he's an absolute freak

ron artest couldn't check a pg off the dribble and he's widely regarded as one of the best defenders in the game...

bron is just rediculous with all his physical abilities...

not a great defender no...i agree with that...but absolutely could be if he wanted to be...

i tell you what...i'd trade just about every celtic as a whole almost to get him in boston...

and i hope the celtics let pierce and ray allen go so we can rebuild sooner...

i wonder if bron was in play for the 76ers if your tone would be a little different...

Nope. He'd still be an average defender.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

so you guys think small forwards that can check pgs in the nba are rampant huh??? wow...

How many 6'9, 250 lb players have the same speed and quickness as a PG? I thought so.

Nope. He'd still be an average defender.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

How many 6'9, 250 lb players have the same speed and quickness as a PG? I thought so.

not many...not sure what your point is there

Back
Top Bottom