***2010 NBA Free Agency Thread*** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***2010 NBA Free Agency Thread***

Milwaukee is about to give Salmons 5 years 40M and also gave Drew Gooden 5 years 32M :bobdole:

the majority of ppl dont think hes a great defender though, its not like this isnt well known. you dont watch enough nba.
take blocks for example, it can be a misleading stat, because if you average say 2 blocks a game, that could mean you only played good to great defense only in 2 possessions in the game. that doesnt mean you are a great defender

He only averaged 1 block per game...Do you think thats why he got on the team?

He must have got on the team for a reason other than that....

Or are you saying that he got all defender beacause he is a great scorer..If thats the case why arent players like Steve Nash on it ..

Name another defender better than him who plays PF?

Free Agent movement:
http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/article_8a452abe-853b-11df-85cc-001cc4c03286.html

Rudy Gay re-signs with Memphis for a max deal.

Salmons re-signing with Milwaukee.

Gooden gets 33 mil from Milwaukee.

Darko gets 20 mil from Minnesota.

Dunno if the last one means Al Jefferson is officially on the market, but I don't see any other reason why they decided to give Milicic 5 mil a year other than they're nuts. Al could be an interesting backup plan if Riley's FA dreams don't pan out as expected.
http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/article_8a452abe-853b-11df-85cc-001cc4c03286.html

Or are you saying that he got all defender beacause he is a great scorer..If thats the case why arent players like Steve Nash on it ..

i know he averaged 1 block a game, i was giving 2 as an example, like i stated. secondly, james is a sf, not a pf lol. i can also name others who are FAR better defensive players at his position, thats way too easy.

ron artest, shane battier, caron butler, grant hill, paul pierce, tayshaun prince,

i know he averaged 1 block a game, i was giving 2 as an example, like i stated. secondly, james is a sf, not a pf lol. i can also name others who are FAR better defensive players at his position, thats way too easy.

ron artest, shane battier, caron butler, grant hill, paul pierce, tayshaun prince,

You act like he cant play PF..he has the size to do it..He is bigger than Garnett and he is true PF..

Paul Pierce? are you high? Tayshaun Prince? come on now...

Really the only player that can guard Lebron is Lebron..there is no one in the league that can check him..

And Lebron can check anyone is the league..Kobe included..Its just dumb for him to do it...He needs to score because no one else can score on his team..

Thats why if Wade and him hook up..It would be a rap..Just give em the belt..

Lebron plays SF the vast majority of the time. Better defensive SFs in my mind would be [SIZE=-1]Kirilenko[/SIZE], Gerald Wallace, Mbah Moute, and at times Marion and Artest although both of those guys have slowed down considerably.

A lot of reputation goes into the voting for these teams. Lebron can be a very good defender, along with guys like Kobe and Wade. But in my mind its a disservice to those who do play defense consistently to give it to those guys, who are more often than not put on the opponents lesser offensive threat whenever possible. If Artest can stay in front of the guy, its he and not Kobe that's getting the assignment. The same would go for Parker or Moon or West on the Cavs. Or Posey in Miami when he was around. I think you get down to whether you assign people to these teams based on ability or production.....I guess its just personal preference.

Rudy Gay re-signs with Memphis for a max deal.

Darko gets 20 mil from Minnesota.
bert-1.jpg

You act like he cant play PF..he has the size to do it..He is bigger than Garnett and he is true PF..

Paul Pierce? are you high? Tayshaun Prince? come on now...

Really the only player that can guard Lebron is Lebron..there is no one in the league that can check him..

And Lebron can check anyone is the league..Kobe included..Its just dumb for him to do it...He needs to score because no one else can score on his team..

Thats why if Wade and him hook up..It would be a rap..Just give em the belt..

the issue wasnt whether he COULD play it, but you said he was, and hes not, he doesnt play that. so hes not a pf. you were wrong, you are showing how little you actually watch basketball. paul pierce is a better defender than lebron yes, did you watch the playoffs? so is prince. pierce has shown over the years to play as good a defense on bryant as anybody. they were also key defensive parts in championship winning teams. something lebron has yet to do

A lot of REPUTATION goes into the voting for these teams. Lebron can be a very good defender, along with guys like Kobe and Wade. But in my mind its a disservice to those who do play defense consistently to give it to those guys, who are more often than not put on the opponents lesser offensive threat whenever possible. If Artest can stay in front of the guy, its he and not Kobe that's getting the assignment. The same would go for Parker or Moon or West on the Cavs. Or Posey in Miami when he was around. I think you get down to whether you assign people to these teams based on ability or production.....I guess its just personal preference.

exactly.

the issue wasnt whether he COULD play it, but you said he was, and hes not, he doesnt play that. so hes not a pf. you were wrong, you are showing how little you actually watch basketball. paul pierce is a better defender than lebron yes, did you watch the playoffs? so is prince. pierce has shown over the years to play as good a defense on bryant as anybody. they were also key defensive parts in championship winning teams. something lebron has yet to do

Prince and Pierce are good defenders yes but not nearly as good as Lebron.. Lebron is a great defender..He can guard any player in the league besides some centers..The guy is an athletic freak..

When the HEAT get him and Wade its going to be a rap...Knicks will lose 500 to nothing..

Lebron is the best player in Basketball. On offense and on defense

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

what chaaaa gonnannnnn doooooooo when lebron runs wild on youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prince and Pierce are good defenders yes but not nearly as good as Lebron.. Lebron is a great defender..He can guard any player in the league besides some centers..The guy is an athletic freak..

When the HEAT get him and Wade its going to be a rap...Knicks will lose 500 to nothing..

Lebron is the best player in Basketball. On offense and on defense

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

what chaaaa gonnannnnn doooooooo when lebron runs wild on youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just because he is physically able to guard anyone, does not make him a great defender. he is not a GREAT defender. you can think that all you want, and that is your opinion, but most disagree.

lebron is not the best player in basketball just yet, that belongs to kobe bryant, and im a knicks fan. james is the most gifted player in the league, but not the best. he has never even won a single nba finals game. and on top of that he needs to become a better outside shooter and defender

and lastly, he is not signing with the heat, thanks

wow...rudy gay is a nice player but a max contract...he's not that nice

That's one of the dumber arguments that's been floating around for a while. I think that annoying stat guy Hollinger started this whole thing. Did noone watch the olympics?

The funny thing is that 4 yrs ago Heat fans were complaining that Wade was too deferential to Shaq. When these guys are given quality teammates they are both more than happy to see the offense run through another. Its just been the unfortunate case for Wade since Shaq left and Lebron his entire career that their teammates have been lacking.

so you don't think there would be an alpha dog thing if wade and lebron were on the same team...if bron came to the heat he would INSTANTLY be the player eveveryone talked about all the time...i know d wade is a cool cat and all but i just don't think he'd play 2nd fiddle all that nicely...at least not in miami...

chris bosh is a different story...i think he'd mesh with either bron or wade nicely...

so you don't think there would be an alpha dog thing if wade and lebron were on the same team...if bron came to the heat he would INSTANTLY be the player eveveryone talked about all the time...i know d wade is a cool cat and all but i just don't think he'd pla 2nd fiddle all that nicely...

chris bosh is a different story...i think he'd mesh with either bron or wade nicely...

thats why i dont think hes signing in mia. if he truly wants to be the biggest athlete in sports and take his name to heights seen by few, he cant do that on the same team as dwyane wade. lbj needs to be the centerpiece. i could be all wrong, but thats my take

i dont think bron is as good an on ball defender as some here are making him out to be...he COULD BE if he wanted to be maybe the best defender in the league but i don't see all out effort on that end of the floor from him...but he's a TREMENDOUS help defender in the open floor ...just tremendous with those sweeping in like a condor shot swats...

simpley stated guys had to carry so much of the load in cleveland i think he can take it easy on the defensive end sometimes...

Back
Top Bottom