***2010 NHL Playoffs thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***2010 NHL Playoffs thread***

people get caught up with the past... "the pens will roll through the sens " ... " the yotes are no match for the wings " ..

well guess what, it's not 2008 or 2009 anymore !!!

It was a nice shot I will give him that. I'm just saying it was lucky. First, he didn't get his hand far enough down the shaft of the stick(no **** intended). Which in turn ends up almost like your swinging a baseball bat. Next if you look, the puck wasn't down it was wobbling all around, he just tried to get it on net. It also looks as if the cap's defenseman deflected it. It was a rocket of a shot though... even without getting his hand down and getting all of his power into it.

The gionta play should of been a penalty shot to be honest. He had a clear path to the net and he got taken out. If Montreal would of lost, people would have been furious with that play. You can't dive infront of a person, it was as clear a trip as I've ever seen, and I've been playing hockey since I was 5.

On a side note Montreal did a hell of a job shutting down ovechkin... no shots for the best player in the world is amazing.

yeah i agree his shot wasn't very formal ... but when you're at that spot, and you've got a clear shot at a small goaltender often giving space upstairs, you've gotta take the shot, and fast (especially against the caps, they aren't good defensively and there's an awful lot of breaches, but they close in on you pretty fast )

i'll agree it wasn't the best shot in the world, some luck was in play, but all in all, due to circomstances, all the credit goes to Pleks :)

yeah, that gionta tripping made me furious man... those refs better find themselves a pair of balls and call those penalties because if not, it's gonna be a long playoff season for them :rolleyes:

p.s. Tom Pyatt is the one who was matched up most of the time on Ovechkin... and what a job he did :chuckle:

EDIT: why the **** are the new posts in the middle of the page ?! goddamn glitches !

It was a nice shot I will give him that. I'm just saying it was lucky. First, he didn't get his hand far enough down the shaft of the stick(no **** intended). Which in turn ends up almost like your swinging a baseball bat. Next if you look, the puck wasn't down it was wobbling all around, he just tried to get it on net. It also looks as if the cap's defenseman deflected it. It was a rocket of a shot though... even without getting his hand down and getting all of his power into it.

The gionta play should of been a penalty shot to be honest. He had a clear path to the net and he got taken out. If Montreal would of lost, people would have been furious with that play. You can't dive infront of a person, it was as clear a trip as I've ever seen, and I've been playing hockey since I was 5.

On a side note Montreal did a hell of a job shutting down ovechkin... no shots for the best player in the world is amazing.

yeah i agree his shot wasn't very formal ... but when you're at that spot, and you've got a clear shot at a small goaltender often giving space upstairs, you've gotta take the shot, and fast (especially against the caps, they aren't good defensively and there's an awful lot of breaches, but they close in on you pretty fast )

i'll agree it wasn't the best shot in the world, some luck was in play, but all in all, due to circomstances, all the credit goes to Pleks :)

yeah, that gionta tripping made me furious man... those refs better find themselves a pair of balls and call those penalties because if not, it's gonna be a long playoff season for them :rolleyes:

p.s. Tom Pyatt is the one who was matched up most of the time on Ovechkin... and what a job he did :chuckle:

EDIT: why the **** are the new posts in the middle of the page ?! goddamn glitches !

LOL I know right? I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

lets go flyers tonight!!! I really don't have many people to talk to about hockey living in florida, except my teammates lol.

LOL I know right? I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

lets go flyers tonight!!! I really don't have many people to talk to about hockey living in florida, except my teammates lol.

LMAO, in what league you playing ? competitive or just for fun ?

I played through all my childhood, until I started football... and now i'm back to playing hockey every now and then (especially in winter where you can play outdoors, it doesn't get any better :) )

LMAO, in what league you playing ? competitive or just for fun ?

I played through all my childhood, until I started football... and now i'm back to playing hockey every now and then (especially in winter where you can play outdoors, it doesn't get any better :) )

I'm only 19.. I play club college hockey for Central Florida. I might be transfering to St.Petersburgh college near tampa though because they are starting up a Division 2 hockey team. But ya I played inline for my early years, because it is real big down here in florida. Then I played football all my high school years and when I did that I picked up ice hockey as well to go along with that. Best decision I've ever made. I'm jealous though, I wanna play some pond hockey :boohoo:

Fleury's gonna have to play a helluva lot better tonight ...

But, I still believe in the repeat!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

I'm only 19.. I play club college hockey for Central Florida. I might be transfering to St.Petersburgh college near tampa though because they are starting up a Division 2 hockey team. But ya I played inline for my early years, because it is real big down here in florida. Then I played football all my high school years and when I did that I picked up ice hockey as well to go along with that. Best decision I've ever made. I'm jealous though, I wanna play some pond hockey :boohoo:

you have no idea how fun it is... I'm from montreal but i'm studying in quebec city, and this winter, I had 5 outdoor rinks at about 5 minutes MAXIMUM by car ... about 10 others throughout the whole city

you can make reservations and go play only with a bunch of friends... bring some beer and start getting wasted in the locker afterwards... :lol:

when you'll be older (have a job, money, lol ), make a trip up north, it'll be worth it .... and who knows, maybe then quebec city will have its own hockey team once again... and even if they don't, I heard somewhere that there's a hockey club southwest, in a city called "Montréal" , and I heard it was a pretty cool hockeytown ... ;) :woot: :hi5:

you have no idea how fun it is... I'm from montreal but i'm studying in quebec city, and this winter, I had 5 outdoor rinks at about 5 minutes MAXIMUM by car ... about 10 others throughout the whole city

you can make reservations and go play only with a bunch of friends... bring some beer and start getting wasted in the locker afterwards... :lol:

when you'll be older (have a job, money, lol ), make a trip up north, it'll be worth it .... and who knows, maybe then quebec city will have its own hockey team once again... and even if they don't, I heard somewhere that there's a hockey club southwest, in a city called "Montréal" , and I heard it was a pretty cool hockeytown ... ;) :woot: :hi5:

Ya when I graduate I plan on taking some time off and traveling, Canada is definitely going to be one of my destinations..

Yotes and Wings tonight. We need to put another W in the column before we go to Detroit this Sunday.

If the penguins and capitals match up later on down the road, I am definitly going to get a box in the verizon center. I'm at the very least goin to 1 playoff game.

Goooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!

Capt. Sidney Crosby ties it at one!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Back
Top Bottom