*** 2011-12 NHL Regular Season Thread *** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2011-12 NHL Regular Season Thread ***

Pens vs. Avalanche tonight ...

- Still no Sid.
- Sullivan & Kennedy are GTD.

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Man, this start sucks.

Control play for the vast majority of the first period, and trail 3-1 (Staal :up:)

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

... Especially pissed about the 5 on 3 fail. :bobdole:

feels_bad_man_meme_t_shirtp2351034651001-1.jpg

On the brighter side, I did actually get paid to go to a Wheeling Nailers (ECHL) game today:

f4d1a1f7-1.jpg

483ee536-1.jpg

We won 5-3 ... It was a reward trip for the responsible students at school. Guess who was first in line to volunteer to chaperone? :lol:

Nailers Win!
Nailers Win!
Nailers Win!
:lol:

Goooooooaaaaaaaal!!

Dupuis brings us within one!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Goooooooaaaaaaaaal!!!

Orpik ties it at three, 1:12 into the third!!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!

James Neal (12G) joins the party!!!!!

5-3 Pens!!!!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Gooooooooaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!

Now, it's just getting silly ...

6-3

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Leafs are in a bit of a slide... but Phil kessel sure isn't. The dude is a monster. Unstoppable right now.

Definitely time for one of Burke's famous blockbusters. Leafs need more scoring outside Kessel. One sniper wont cut it.

Definitely time for one of Burke's famous blockbusters. Leafs need more scoring outside Kessel. One sniper wont cut it.
A lot of the problem right now is horrible goaltending. Gustavvsoon and Scrivens can be serviceable, but more often than not we end up find ourselves down 3+ goals and getting blown out. Another sniper would certainly help, but James Reimer needs to get healthy in a hurry. Bottom line is we can't win when we're allowing 5,6, and even 7 goals.

Hopefully Reimer will be back in a week or so, but I'm really worried at this point. We know how long these types of injuries can linger sometimes... I do expect to see Burke do something if this keeps up though. Not winning at home in 5 tries is unacceptable and we can't afford that with Buffalo and Boston right behind us.

A lot of the problem right now is horrible goaltending. Gustavvsoon and Scrivens can be serviceable, but more often than not we end up find ourselves down 3+ goals and getting blown out. Another sniper would certainly help, but James Reimer needs to get healthy in a hurry. Bottom line is we can't win when we're allowing 5,6, and even 7 goals.

Hopefully Reimer will be back in a week or so, but I'm really worried at this point. We know how long these types of injuries can linger sometimes... I do expect to see Burke do something if this keeps up though. Not winning at home in 5 tries is unacceptable and we can't afford that with Buffalo and Boston right behind us.

Goaltending is not the problem. Scrivens is actually a better goaltender than Reimer is. Ask Reimer or coach Allaire himself. The Leafs are taking way too many chances leading to way too many turnovers that even Ken Dryden wouldn't be able to stop. They're pushing too hard because they are trying to make up for a lack of talent up front. They need more goalscorers/snipers.

Back
Top Bottom