*** 2011-12 NHL Regular Season Thread *** | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2011-12 NHL Regular Season Thread ***

You're right. I think that the Panthers are a weak 3 seed. Maybe they'll surprise me.

They backed into the playoffs and have an incredible amount of OT losses. Still, I think they've got a good playoff mix. They've got guys with Stanley Cup experience like Versteeg and Campbell, but also have desperate hungry guys who are here for the first time (Stephen Weiss, making his first playoff appearance in his 10 years with the team.) The biggest factor will be Brodeur. He's not the goaltender he used to be. If I were the Cats I would probably play Clemmenson. I'm not a big Theodore guy.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

That being said, I think NJ will win, but I'm really pulling for the Panthers in this one

They backed into the playoffs and have an incredible amount of OT losses. Still, I think they've got a good playoff mix. They've got guys with Stanley Cup experience like Versteeg and Campbell, but also have desperate hungry guys who are here for the first time (Stephen Weiss, making his first playoff appearance in his 10 years with the team.) The biggest factor will be Brodeur. He's not the goaltender he used to be. If I were the Cats I would probably play Clemmenson. I'm not a big Theodore guy.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

That being said, I think NJ will win, but I'm really pulling for the Panthers in this one

If Marty plays as he has since January, we win this in 5- maybe it goes 6 if the Panthers get a bounce. The Devils are a better, deeper team than Florida, and none of Zajac, Zidlicky, or Ponikarovsky played in any of the 4 games against the Panthers. I'm confident the Devs will get it done.

Eerie how this conversation went down just one week before the major fallout....

It will be interesting to see if Toronto gets into the bidding for Schneider this summer. The price would obviously be pretty steep, but as we've seen before, Burke is not bashful about making big moves[/QUOTE]

I hope so. Toronto needs consistency at the goalie posititon desperately.

here we go...playoffs...the only time i really pay all that much attention to hockey and pro hoops...surprised theres no nhl playoffs thread...anyways lets do it again bruins

would much rather have matched up with ottawa than the caps but oh well...

Back
Top Bottom