*** 2011-12 NHL Regular Season Thread *** | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2011-12 NHL Regular Season Thread ***

Yeah quite frankly I expected to get swept. Everytime I get confident in the Leafs they always seem to lose 5 in a row or something to that effect, so my new strategy is just always doubting them.

Much different team this year. I'm out. One last thing though for Bumpus...

:3w:

QUOTE=Ricky_Fan34;1064198780]I still worry. I'm convinced they'll find a way to piss this chance to make the playoffs away and fall back into the abyss of mediocrity. On a side note, how about the emergence of Jonas Gustavvson? I was so down on him after how miserable he was last year, and for him to come back and have the year he is having is great to see. I will say, at the moment I am very confident in both James Reimer and Jonas Gustavvson. As far as the playoffs go, I think we can win a series against anyone but the Bruins. For whatever reason this year's team has not even been able to really compete with the Bruins, which is a little unsettling because I think it's pretty clear that the road to the Stanley cup likely runs through them.[/QUOTE]

Eerie how this conversation went down just one week before the major fallout....

Either Way I'm excited as long as we get that 4 seed. Kinda Crazy that we've only had one coach since we first came on to the scene in 98, Barry Trotz :D

Yeah, I think that's great, too. More teams need to stick with their coaches longer, and Trotz has quietly kept the Predators among the most consistent teams in the league while the FO has found him some real gems in the later rounds of the draft. I think the Predators do things "the right way", and by that I mean developing their own talent and believing in their coach and GM. They've been patient for a long time and now it's paying off and they have a legitimate shot at the Cup. I'm happy for them and hope they have at the very least a good playoff run. Their fan base is starting to come together, they started selling out games at the end of the season, and if they put together a good run then they could really start to build a strong, loyal fanbase.

Hockey can survive anywhere as long as the team is competitive and makes a commitment to winning other than just making money. You look at some of the non-traditional markets and really the only one that had a great start with attracting fans was Dallas, and a big reason was they inherited a pretty good team and won the Stanley Cup early. When you give fans something to cheer for, they not only show up, but they will invest in the team emotionally and you'll have more longterm fans, obviously. Dallas' building isn't always full now, but that happens anywhere but Montreal and Toronto when you miss the playoffs four years in a row. Carolina went nuts for the Hurricanes and had a raucous playoff atmosphere during their cup run and the years after. I could see the same thing happening in Nashville. I like to see the sport grow in those areas, I think it's good for the league.

Whatever happens, here's hoping for an entertaining playoff year (...and for a Wings and Sharks first round playoff loss:lol:)

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE=Ricky_Fan34;1064198780]I still worry. I'm convinced they'll find a way to piss this chance to make the playoffs away and fall back into the abyss of mediocrity. On a side note, how about the emergence of Jonas Gustavvson? I was so down on him after how miserable he was last year, and for him to come back and have the year he is having is great to see. I will say, at the moment I am very confident in both James Reimer and Jonas Gustavvson. As far as the playoffs go, I think we can win a series against anyone but the Bruins. For whatever reason this year's team has not even been able to really compete with the Bruins, which is a little unsettling because I think it's pretty clear that the road to the Stanley cup likely runs through them.

Eerie how this conversation went down just one week before the major fallout....[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see if Toronto gets into the bidding for Schneider this summer. The price would obviously be pretty steep, but as we've seen before, Burke is not bashful about making big moves

First round preview ...

#4 Penguins host #5 Flyers @ 4:00

Should be entertaining. :chuckle:

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

First round preview ...

#4 Penguins host #5 Flyers @ 4:00

Should be entertaining. :chuckle:

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Not as juicy of a matchup as I thought it would have been a week ago. Nothing is on the line in this one.

Not as juicy of a matchup as I thought it would have been a week ago. Nothing is on the line in this one.

Yeah, I guess y'all just couldn't catch us ... :lol:

Anyway, we called "Big Mac" up for this one. Can't wait for him to blast Hartnell's teeth out the back of his head for him!

:bigfukingrin:

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

ROAR!

"Triphammer" Joe Vitale sends the first message!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Gooooooaaaaaal!

Pascal Dupuis just extended his point streak to 17 games!

1-0

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Gooooaaaaaal!!

Kunitz makes it 2-1!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

WTF?

That whole situation was odd.

2-2

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Gooooooaaaaaaal!!!

Capt. Sid makes it 3-2!!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!

Evgeni Malkin is now a 50 goal scorer!!!!

:12 left in the second!!!!

Pens enter the third up 4-2

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Perfect day!

Pens win.

Geno gets 50.

Dupuis point streak continues.

Flyers fall to Pens!!!

:woot:

Pens Win!