2011 1st round prospects | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 1st round prospects

cobbs321

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here are some prospects i think we might target in the draft next year. I would have 2nd rounders but we don't have a 2nd round pick

RB Ryan Williams VT: this will depend on how Ronnie does injury wise. If Ronnie gets injured again i think he gets the boot and we draft a RB first round. 1655 yds, 21 tds, 5.7 ypc. 16 rec. 180 yds. Nuff said.

OLB Von Miller TAMU: he wouldve been the top 3-4 OLB this year no doubt. 21.5 tfl, 16.5 sacks, 5 passes broken up. those stats are AMAZING. good against the run. at 6-2, he is a type of OLB Parcells would like

FS Deunta Williams UNC: if Clemons, Culver, and Jones don't pan out then i think Deunta will be a big target. 6-2, 205, runs a 4.42. 47 tackles, 8 passes break-ups, and 6 ints. Coming out of possibly the best defense in college this year.

and lastly
NT: Jerrell Powe or Kendrick Ellis: this will depend on how Starks does this year at NT. I think he will do fine but this is a what if scenario. there isn't a top NT in this class this year. Powe has tremendous upside. 12 tfl's and 2 sacks this year. 6-2 330. Ellis dominated D1-AA this year at Hampton with 15 tfls. 6-5, 340. Monster size.

Here are some prospects i think we might target in the draft next year. I would have 2nd rounders but we don't have a 2nd round pick

RB Ryan Matthews VT: this will depend on how Ronnie does injury wise. If Ronnie gets injured again i think he gets the boot and we draft a RB first round. 1655 yds, 21 tds, 5.7 ypc. 16 rec. 180 yds. Nuff said.

OLB Von Miller TAMU: he wouldve been the top 3-4 OLB this year no doubt. 21.5 tfl, 16.5 sacks, 5 passes broken up. those stats are AMAZING. good against the run. at 6-2, he is a type of OLB Parcells would like

FS Deunta Williams UNC: if Clemons, Culver, and Jones don't pan out then i think Deunta will be a big target. 6-2, 205, runs a 4.42. 47 tackles, 8 passes break-ups, and 6 ints. Coming out of possibly the best defense in college this year.

and lastly
NT: Jerrell Powe or Kendrick Ellis: this will depend on how Starks does this year at NT. I think he will do fine but this is a what if scenario. there isn't a top NT in this class this year. Powe has tremendous upside. 12 tfl's and 2 sacks this year. 6-2 330. Ellis dominated D1-AA this year at Hampton with 15 tfls. 6-5, 340. Monster size.
Its Ryan Williams not Ryan Matthews

might want to look at big ten prospects in the first... we only like big ten guys lol... Last 4 seasons: Ginn, Long, Davis, Odrick lol jk

oops my mistake. Idk why i put Matthews, i will change that

i think von miller is a bit overrated off the tape i've seen...

at rb ryan williams or mark ingram please...

i can't wait to see the pro olb prospect from bama this year who missed last year due to injury...name escapes me at the moment

deandre mcdaniel is another top notch safety prospect

kyle rudolph would look damn good in our uni also...stud te

did you not watch him this year, ya he has some weaknesses like reading plays wrong at times but he is a pure pass rusher. He beat Okung a couple times when they played OSU.

Running back, Tight end, Free Safety & Nose tackle needs to addressed, with RB & TE the priority imo.

I'd be happy with Jerrell Powe. That's one big MFer... maybe Starks is just a holdover at NT after all. Then of course there's Mark Ingram and other good RBs.

Da'Quan Bowers is a name to add IMO. Not saying 1st round, but I also like Allen Bradford and Greg Little at their respective positions.

It's Dont'a Hightower hoops.... and yes.. he's as good as McClain...with the ability and potential to be better.. at least as a prospect.. He's the real deal... He was actually playing better than McClain before he got hurt.... but when Hightower went down Rolo just took his game to a different level....because he had too...

Marvin Austin still seems to be riding more off of his recruiting hype than anything else... I just don't see a top 20 player yet...

The guy to look out for on Bama's defense this year is Marcel Dareus.... you can hype this guy up all you want and it still won't touch how good he really is...

As far as potential draft eligible running backs are concerned... it's Mark Ingram, Ryan Williams, Allen Bradford, Dion Lewis, Daniel Thomas... and then everyone else IMO...

..with Ingram being a truly special back. His combination of vision.... ability to run in traffic (start and stop his feet)... balance... explosion...power...and ability to break tackles is a level that just doesn't come in every draft. Not to mention his pass protection at this stage is the only thing keeping an even MORE talented back in Trent Richardson, who would be starting anywhere else in the country, as "2nd string"...

I just don't think I could say enough about how incredibly sharp Ingram's vision is.... there are backs in the NFL Hall of Fame that are known for their great vision that didn't have the vision that Mark Ingram has....it's just that special in my opinion... It's uncanny how much he reminds me of Ricky Williams during his Texas days.... and he's a great kid too. Definitely the kind of player I'd like to see running the ball for Miami..

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Von Miller too....he made Okung work all game... although he still didn't get a sack versus Okung...

However, Akeem Ayers is the guy I really like...doesn't have quite Miller's first step quickness flat out speed rush... but he's a more complete player...

And a kid that won't get over hyped but that I like a lot is K.J. Wright.... him and Pernell McPhee are two of the best defensive players in the country that nobody really knows about...

at rb ryan williams or mark ingram please...

i can't wait to see the pro olb prospect from bama this year who missed last year due to injury...name escapes me at the moment

deandre mcdaniel is another top notch safety prospect

kyle rudolph would look damn good in our uni also...stud te

I agree with you on Von Miller in that he may be overrated. Mark Ingram is just simply a maddening talent if you are a DC, simply impossible to stop if he has anywhere near a decent O-line.

Not high on Powe at all. He lumbers around like he's carrying too much weight. He's a little slow in recognizing plays and he's had some serious weight issues. At one point he was 380 lbs. There are rumors that the guy can't read as well, he got arrested at a house party a year or two ago and he told the officer he didn't know how to sign his name. It also took him two years to get accepted into the University of Mississippi so you have to wonder how quickly he'll absorb an NFL play book.

Back
Top Bottom