2011 Draft = Solid QB Class - Do You Think We Should Go QB 1st RD? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 Draft = Solid QB Class - Do You Think We Should Go QB 1st RD?

if he enters the draft this year, he's likely the number 1 overall pick. Hell, he could wait a year and probably still be the number 1 QB. If Luck doesn't enter this year, the 2012 class at QB IMO will be a lot better with Luck, Foles (again if he doesn't enter), Blaine Gabbert (personally I love the kid), Kirk Cousins (I do like, but maybe not as a franchise QB), and potentially Matt Barkley (doubt he'd leave early) and Tom Savage (def won't enter early but really like him too)

Another factor for Luck would be if Harbaugh leaves...then I think Luck enters the draft for sure.

If Luck was in the same draft as Barkley he would not go first. Barkley would be the #1 overall pick...he would definitely be the first QB taken on the board. Gabbert sucks IMO. I like Cousins but I agree, not a franchise QB. Foles is OK, would do well in a WCO. Tom Savage I haven't really looked at yet.

the bills are getting luck...unless they make a gigantic mistake and do what the fins did and pass on the franchise QB (matt ryan)

really good. Great athlete, good size, mobile, smart, anticipates well, plays in a pro style offense. He's as good of a QB prospect as there has been in a long time

great, so now i'm sure we won't draft him, seeing how we've drafted qb's.. he'll probably end up in the bills. maybe we could get him if dallas gets the number 1 pick, they dont need another qb

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

the bills are getting luck...unless they make a gigantic mistake and do what the fins did and pass on the franchise QB (matt ryan)

i think dallas might get the pick instead of bills, but they dont need him

Matt Barkley and Tom Savage are going to be head of the QB class in 2012 as underclassmen...

Blaine Gabbert is too much of a system quarterback to take very high in the draft, he's a bigger version of Chase Daniel.

Kirk Cousins still has a ways to go, not NFL ready at this point, but he's an underrated prospect... I made note of that in my overrated/underrated thread in the draft forum prior to the season.

We need a franchise QB. Period. So we need to draft one in the 1st round. No more messing around with this crap!!! We have had a lot of garbage under center since Marino retired so it's time it's fixed once and for all!!!

Interesting thoughts here...but I disagree with taking a RB in the first rd. Luck is a possibility if we really wanted him. The Jets showed how you can jump up in the draft if you want to. Unfortunately our FO likes to jump backwards, I wish we kept our 12th overall pk this year & took Earl Thomas, Odgerick was a weird choice, not saying bad...weird.

Anyway, going forward, it's clear as all hell we NEED a QB already, we're going on 10+ years now. We need a solid QB for today & the next 10 years. We passed up on a lot of QBs that are doing really good right now. I don't think there's anyone in that FA list worth taking. McNabb lost a few steps & is a trouble maker but hides it unlike Moss n T.O.

This is out of hand with the QB situation, if our FO has any sense & really wants to make this team better, bring in a new OC & do anything possible to get Luck or Mallert.

If we get a shot at an Elite QB talent I wouldn't be opposed to taking it. An elite QB can do wayyy better for a team than an elite running back.

Another factor for Luck would be if Harbaugh leaves...then I think Luck enters the draft for sure.

If Luck was in the same draft as Barkley he would not go first. Barkley would be the #1 overall pick...he would definitely be the first QB taken on the board. Gabbert sucks IMO. I like Cousins but I agree, not a franchise QB. Foles is OK, would do well in a WCO. Tom Savage I haven't really looked at yet.

yeah my point about Luck was only way he isn't number 1 is if/when Barkley is in the draft.

Either way, Luck will be gone unless we do a tank job, but he's my favorite prospect in a while. FUnny enough, I've had QBs rated fairly well over the years, but the only guys I fell in love with for Miami were Big Ben, Cutler, and Jason Campbell.

you guys can say what you want about you wouldn't want to take a rb given we need a qb with that top pick and i have to agree unfortunately but let me tell you guys with the vision of a mark ingram don't come along very often

and whoever gets him is gonna be giddy...

as for the qbs its luck and barkley if he was eligible hands down for me...barkleys got pro stud written all over him...

oh and if i had to choose between mark ingram and say locker or mallett with that top pick thats easy for me...mark ingram all day long

and i'm locking him in for 1200 yards and double digit tds from the get go...

Back
Top Bottom