RB/FB Lex Hilliard
OT Lydon Murtha

Exclusive-Rights Free Agents

OL Will Barker
OL Ray Feinga
TE Jeron Mastrud
DL Ryan Baker
ILB Austin Spitler

These are the guys our new HC and Ireland (or new GM) will have to mull over.

Any shift to a 4-3 and you can say good bye to almost all our defensive Free Agents (except maybe Allen).

Mitchell should get a long look at returning as should Carey (if the price is right).

Hopefully we don't touch Colombo with a 10 foot pole. I don't expect him back.

I enjoyed seeing Mitchell play in the preseason, and he had a shining moment yesterday. Under the radar guy I'd love to resign

I enjoyed seeing Mitchell play in the preseason, and he had a shining moment yesterday. Under the radar guy I'd love to resign

I would as well. He really filled in for Dansby after his injury and even Burnett (11 tackles) played well after Dansby went down.

If we can resign Mitchell we would be set at ILB in a 3-4 and if we shifted to a 4-3, Dansby could play MLB and Burnett could shift to ROLB.

Unrestricted Free Agents

QB Chad Henne- goodbye
QB J.P. Losman- Sayonara
RB Steve Slaton- adios
OG Vernon Carey- let him go
OT Marc Colombo- kill him
DE Kendall Langford- resign if cheap
DE Phillip Merling- don't let the door hit your ***
NT Paul Soliai- resign him
OLB Jason Taylor (retired)
OLB Ikaika Alma-Francis- we can do better
ILB Marvin Mitchell- like him
CB Will Allen- time to move on
S Tyrone Culver- we can do better

Unrestricted Free Agents

QB Chad Henne- goodbye
QB J.P. Losman- Sayonara
RB Steve Slaton- adios
OG Vernon Carey- let him go
OT Marc Colombo- kill him
DE Kendall Langford- resign if cheap
DE Phillip Merling- don't let the door hit your ***
NT Paul Soliai- resign him
OLB Jason Taylor (retired)
OLB Ikaika Alma-Francis- we can do better
ILB Marvin Mitchell- like him
CB Will Allen- time to move on
S Tyrone Culver- we can do better

That's pretty close to how I feel.

Although I would not mind if they resigned Carey back for cheap as depth. It is well known Carey wants to stay in South Florida.

That's pretty close to how I feel.

Although I would not mind if they resigned Carey back for cheap as depth. It is well known Carey wants to stay in South Florida.

I'm not crazy about Carey but especially if they have to give up picks to trade up for a QB and try and fish for FA to fix the O Line Carey could come in handy at least as depth. Right now they just don't have enough talent to afford to get rid of him.

Let the new coach make these decisions

No way! Ireland is reading these forums as we speak, so our opinions count! /sarcasm

Of course the new HC and Ireland (or new GM) will make these decisions.

It doesn't mean we can talk about who we'd like to see them keep.

Good god it's a forum man, chill out.

No way! Ireland is reading these forums as we speak, so our opinions count! /sarcasm

Of course the new HC and Ireland (or new GM) will make these decisions.

It doesn't mean we can talk about who we'd like to see them keep.

Good god it's a forum man, chill out.

Never said lets not talk about it but what Im saying is it all depends on the style and philosophy of the new coach. Personally i hope Irleand is pushed out by a new coach, have no faith in his ability to build a team. Him and Atlantas gm started at the same time and 4 years later we have finished our third straight losing season while he has 4 straight winning seasons. He has been decent but continually putting qb as second tier objective is getting old. could have traded up and got Mallet last year but of course he is not a cornfed lineman so who cares. Not saying mallet is all that but at least he is a prospect much better than praying that Moore will be a late bloomer or Pat devlin will be a sleeper

Never said lets not talk about it but what Im saying is it all depends on the style and philosophy of the new coach. Personally i hope Irleand is pushed out by a new coach, have no faith in his ability to build a team. Him and Atlantas gm started at the same time and 4 years later we have finished our third straight losing season while he has 4 straight winning seasons. He has been decent but continually putting qb as second tier objective is getting old. could have traded up and got Mallet last year but of course he is not a cornfed lineman so who cares. Not saying mallet is all that but at least he is a prospect much better than praying that Moore will be a late bloomer or Pat devlin will be a sleeper

The new HC will definitely seal Ireland's fate.

If we get a big name and we wants his own guys (i.e. new GM), I believe Ireland is gone.

If we go the cordinator route, don't be surprised to see Ireland stay.

I think Ireland does a decent job evaluating talent, but as far as relationships go and the balls to pull off moves like getting a franchise QB, I don't think he has it. I would not be sad to see Ireland go.

I'd keep

RB Steve Slaton
OG Vernon Carey
DE Kendall Langford
DE Phillip Merling
NT Paul Soliai
ILB Marvin Mitchell
CB Will Allen
S Tyrone Culver
RB/FB Lex Hilliard

Langford/Soliai are big resigns imo and I'd resign Merling just for depth and at a low cost. Slaton proved to be worthy of being the #3 in case of injury. I'd keep Allen because he can still cover well enough and tackles good usually. I wanna keep Hilliard and just list him as FB and move Clay to TE. Mitchell is good enough for a back up, likewise for Culver who will know our system.. Carey I would keep because at worst, he's solid, just not great anymore, I wouldn't pay him a lot either

With the exception of our nose tackle (I'm using voice recognition which is in good with names) and maybe Mitchell and Alan, I'm not very excited with this list. I can see making the argument of keeping Carey and Hani (LOL, don't mind me, I mean Henne) but neither at a high price. Hopefully we clean out and get a few compensation picks that are worthy, and the new regime knows there stuff. I've been a fan of 1970 and it's been nothing but pure hell since 94. I feel these last 17 years has been enough purgatory!

Back
Top Bottom