2012 NFL Draft Prospects | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 NFL Draft Prospects

These have been great DK.2 things though.

1-Do you got Cody's numbers?

2-Not sure who did this but to put RGIII and Tannehill as both tier 2 QB's in rediculous!!..RGIII is way better then Tannehide.

These have been great DK.2 things though.

1-Do you got Cody's numbers?

2-Not sure who did this but to put RGIII and Tannehill as both tier 2 QB's in rediculous!!..RGIII is way better then Tannehide.
Pearcy's #'s from his Pro Day:
40:4.33
Broad Jump:10.6
Vertical Jump:44:jawdrop:
20yd split:3.76
3 cone:6.67
**Pearcy stands 5-10 and only weighs 161lbs. There will probably be a lot detractors looking at his height and weight. Plus the fact that he went to Huntingdon College will not help either.

Listen from all indications Luck is going to be the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning. Will he be? We shall see. But with everything going for RGIII, there are still questions. Can he adjust to being under center? Can he be effective with 3,5, and 7 step drops being that he ran a spread in college? I think he can, but I think this is why he is not up with Luck.

[h=1]Rang's Gang: Favorite underrated prospects at every position[/h]
QB: Kirk Cousins, Michigan State, 6-3, 214, 4.93
Tough, smart and with better athletic tools than many give him credit for, Cousins may just be the quarterback from the 2012 draft class who makes a late rise up draft boards similar to the one Andy Dalton enjoyed a year ago. Cousins lacks the elite tools that will make Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III and Ryan Tannehill first-round picks, but this four-year starter has faced top competition in a pro-style offense and, as such, is relatively pro-ready.

RB: Doug Martin, Boise State, 5-09, 223, 4.55
In terms of media coverage, Martin was overshadowed throughout much of his career by record-breaking quarterback Kellen Moore, but talent evaluators recognize his value to Boise State's success over the years. A natural runner with vision, burst and surprising power, Martin is my No. 2 rated running back behind only Alabama's Trent Richardson.
TE: Orson Charles, Georgia, 6-3, 251, 4.79
A surprisingly poor time in the 40-yard dash and a DUI arrest may scare off some, but Charles' tape is simply too good for me to overlook. He's a much more physical and passionate blocker than you'd think given his size and despite his poor timed speed, Charles was a matchup nightmare in the SEC
Read More:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...vorite-underrated-prospects-at-every-position

Pearcy's #'s from his Pro Day:
40:4.33
Broad Jump:10.6
Vertical Jump:44:jawdrop:
20yd split:3.76
3 cone:6.67
**Pearcy stands 5-10 and only weighs 161lbs. There will probably be a lot detractors looking at his height and weight. Plus the fact that he went to Huntingdon College will not help either.

Listen from all indications Luck is going to be the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning. Will he be? We shall see. But with everything going for RGIII, there are still questions. Can he adjust to being under center? Can he be effective with 3,5, and 7 step drops being that he ran a spread in college? I think he can, but I think this is why he is not up with Luck.

Thanks alot thats fast.

On the RGIII/Tannehill.I was saying that RGIII i can see as a tier 2 but not Tanne...Thanks again and i appreciate this thread by far more then ithers!!

Dale Moss has potential to be a steal..... only played 1 year of college football, played 4 years of basketball, freak athlete but will be raw.

Tide trio hopes to work out ... There could be a key event in the draft process later today when Alabama holds a follow-up on-campus workout at which RB Trent Richardson, OLB Courtny Upshaw and SS Mark Barron will finally get to work out for pro teams. All three are potential first-round prospects for the upcoming draft, but each has been preventted from working out to date because of injuries. For now, here is the remaining pro day schedule, as well as the latest pro day results which we'll be updating as new information becomes available.
Read more:http://www.gbnreport.com/

[h=1]Drug paraphernalia clouds DE Jack Crawford's draft stock[/h]On the same day in which defensive end Jack Crawford worked out for scouts at Penn State's Pro Day, the apartment he shared with current Nittany Lion wide receiver Devon Smith was searched by campus police and found to contain marijuana.

According to a report from StateCollege.com's Laura Nichols, the apartment was searched by police at approximately 4 pm on March 14 after a Resident Life coordinator reported that a window screen outside of the apartment was damaged. Police entered the apartment when no one answered the door based on their suspicion that a robbery might be occurring in the second story apartment. Once inside, the drug paraphernalia was in plain sight, which prompted police to obtain a search warrant. Upon closer inspection, police discovered blunts, a grinder which still contained marijuana, marijuana buds, and a scale, among other items.

No charges have been filed against Crawford or Smith, a two-year starter expected to keep his position next year.
Read more:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...hernalia-clouds-de-jack-crawfords-draft-stock

Ranking the 4-3 DE Class by Tiers

Tier 1
Quinton Coples: North Carolina (6-6, 285)
Can be as good as he wants to be in the NFL. The game comes very easy to him and he can be dominant if he learns to use his arms even better to slip blocks in the pass game, but with more time I expect that to improve. The sky is the limit as long as he's willing to work at his trade and keep his motor running.
600ingram2-1.jpg
ICONIngram knows how to reach the QB.
Melvin Ingram: South Carolina (6-2, 276)
He is an impressive pass rusher who can get after the QB in a number of ways. Ingram is raw with his technique and can get better, but his suddenness, length and natural feel for the game makes me think he's one of the draft best senior pass rushers.
Tier 2
Cam Johnson: Virginia (6-4, 270)
A solid college defensive end who has never been much of a sack artist but there are some tools there. Showcases some fluidity in his drop and in coverage and has the ability to mature into a more sudden pass rusher. Will get looks in both a 34 and 43 front.
read more:www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Draft-Ranking-the-43-DE-Class-by-Tiers.html

How to grade the WR position
Five keys to look at in your own tape study.

Previously at the NFP, I broke down my notes on grading out the CB and safety positions heading into the NFL Draft. A guide for what to look for in your own tape study. Today, let’s move over to the offensive side of the ball and talk wide receivers. Here are five keys to keep in mind when you turn on the game tape…
Hill13144-1.jpg
ICONGeorgia Tech's Stephen Hill.
1. Vertical (separation) speed: Every NFL club wants to get a stopwatch speed on WR prospects, but does it apply to the tape? Look to see if the WR can stack on top of a DB, win down the field and test the top of the secondary. Can they eat up the cushion (distance between WR and DB) in off-man coverage, force the DB to open his hips and then separate when the ball is in the air? Speed sells, and while the 40 is a tool in the grading process at the WR position, the tape will tell you if a prospect has “game speed.” And if the prospect can’t separate at the college level, it will be a tough transition vs. the size and speed of NFL DBs.
2. Body control and hands: A couple of keys to look at here. Can the WR adjust to the ball? Think of the 9 (fade) outside of the numbers or a ball thrown to the back shoulder away from a defender’s leverage. And do they catch the ball outside of their frame? Sounds simple, but you can grade out a prospect on their ability to “track” the ball down the field and to finish the play with a clean catch. You want receivers that go up and get the football at the highest point, use their athletic ability to shield defenders and make plays after in the open field.
Read more:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Draft-How-to-grade-the-WR-position.html

Ranking the DT Class by Tiers

Tier 1

icon13551433-1.jpg

Michael Brockers: Louisiana State (6-6, 306)
He might be a little raw and could have used some more work at the college level. However, he's an NFL talent with "plus" upside but can also come in and play vs. the run at a high level right away. Should get looks at both the three and five-technique spots and in my mind has the ability to become one of the better defensive lineman in the NFL down the line.

Tier 2

Devon Still: Penn State (6-5, 310)
Put it all together as a senior. If you can keep him motivated, Still has the talent to mature into a very good starting caliber lineman at a number of positions in the NFL.

Alameda Ta'amu: Washington (6-3, 337)
This is the kind of guy who has the ability to anchor the middle of an NFL defense in either a 3-4 or 4-3 front. Needs to do a better job finding the football, but overall he looks like a starter who you eventually will be able to win with in the NFL.

Brandon Thompson: Clemson (6-2, 310)
A guy who should be able to come in and be a lineman who can win inside vs. the run game. Looks a bit limited as a pass rusher, but will be able to push the pocket and threaten gaps off the ball. A starting caliber 43 nose inside.
Read more:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Draft-Ranking-the-DT-Class-by-Tiers.html

[h=1]South Carolina wide receiver Jeffery impresses at Game****s' pro day[/h]Jeffery weighed 213 pounds and had a vertical jump of 36 1/2 inches and 10-2 broad jump. For a player whose explosiveness -- and ability to uncover from NFL-caliber press coverage -- and conditioning came under great scrutiny, Jeffery has served himself well by maintaining his weight for the past month since he last weighed in at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

"I feel like I have a lot to prove, and a lot to show to a lot of teams," he said at the Combine, where he weighed in at 216 pounds.

An All-SEC receiver as a freshman, Jeffery said he played last season at 230 pounds.

"I just feel more in shape and better," he said. "Better. Lighter."
Read more:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/18109211/jeffery-impresses-at-sc-pro-day

Draft analysis: Mohamed Sanu form MiamiDolphins.com
[video]http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/videos/Draft-Analysis-Mohamed-Sanu/758b9302-d3b5-4fda-bb37-acf10b91302d[/video]
(It is more Greg Schiano talking than real analysis. The more I go to the Dolphins website the more underwhelmed I am.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom