2014 Draft: It is time to take the BPA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 Draft: It is time to take the BPA

UCF Nation

Active Roster
Reaction score
No more of drafting the 4th or 5th best OT or OG at our pick, and than have them proceed with mediocre careers. The Dolphins are always in the middle of the pack; never getting to the top of the draft order where they have first dibs on whoever they want. Why not just pick the most talented person on the board, regardless of how deep we already are? Take Ebron for example. This guy looks much better and NFL ready the Eifert, and he has amazing intangibles that you cannot teach a professional athlete. I know we have Clay and Sims, but we still need a elite TE talent that can rip passes down the middle. Let's use free agency and rounds 2-5 of the draft/ FA to reinforce our OL. Who is with me?

what if the best player happens to be a WR when they already have 4 solid guys, or DE where they have 2 starters and 2 backups who could also start. It all depends who the BPA is and what happens in FA

Completely agree. I love Ozzy Newsome's quote about BPA drafting; "All that happens is you end up with a team full of good football players".

BPA is the goal and hopefully that is what they do, but it has to be within reason.

Also...didn't the Phins pick 3rd last year....I'm pretty sure that is near the top of the draft order in which they had dibs on some exceptional players...

what if the best player happens to be a WR when they already have 4 solid guys, or DE where they have 2 starters and 2 backups who could also start. It all depends who the BPA is and what happens in FA

Than we will have a potential star in either position. Let's say we find a good down the field threat that is better than Wallace. That gives us the flexibility to cut him if he doesn't pan out (I believe after this year he can be cut without much dead money).

I agree. I dont wanna take an o-lineman 1st just because. If Hickey really is worth his salt as a GM,he shouldn't need to blow our top picks on o-line. A GM can have this line in pretty good shap through FA and some draft. I mean we already have pro bowl caliber center, assuming he stays outta jail nor gets suspended. Unless of course o-line is the BPA when we pick. A safety, CB, WR, LB, TE any of these would be a preferable pick in my opinion.

Than we will have a potential star in either position. Let's say we find a good down the field threat that is better than Wallace. That gives us the flexibility to cut him if he doesn't pan out (I believe after this year he can be cut without much dead money).

I hope that they get themselves in a position where the BPA is not whatsoever need based to trade down and get better value because there are always some top teams that have their eyes on a player that they want. Im not saying do what dallas did last year and draft a third round guy in the first because thats what you need

If that best player is Sammy Watkins or the receiver from Vanderbilt I would take him.

If that best player is Sammy Watkins or the receiver from Vanderbilt I would take him.

He would really have to bomb the combine and his pro day as well as private workouts to drop to 19

BPA except receiver and defensive end because we're stacked at those positions and don't have room for a rookie.

And I doubt they don't draft at least 2 offensive lineman no matter if they're bpa or not. You can't throw to a playmaker if there is no one to block... ijs

I would argue that Miami is not stacked at WR. You have one speed guy, 2 possession guys, and one that's a little in the middle. If you have a chance at Watkins, Evans, or Benjamin you get him.

Its great to have all those WR but how do you get the ball to them when the QB is laying on his back or rushing throws?

Back
Top Bottom