2015 Miami Dolphins game-by-game predictions (By James Walker) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 Miami Dolphins game-by-game predictions (By James Walker)

I like Pete Prisco, he's one of the good ones out there who understands how to evaluate and makes reasonable and informed predictions. While I disagree on a few games, I think he's about right with the bottom line.

James Walker is one of our better beat reporters, even if we don't like what he has to say. He is no Omar Kelly, James Walker is a decent reporter. I think he underestimates a few things though. I don't think he realizes the impact Bill Lazor had and is having. Lazor fundamentally changed our offense and after the first few games we really showed an excellent offense. I'm expecting that to really take off again this year. Our failure last year was only after Branden Albert went down ... which is still a huge problem. But, with Tannehill in the 2nd year of the offense, I think he will be able to adjust better. And, now we have 5 guys who run good routes and have excellent hands (Landry, Stills, Parker, Jennings, Jordan) and a 5th (Matthews) who looks to have finally turned the corner to delivering on his potential. Add Jay Ajayi by the time Albert goes down injured ... and we have a versatile Knowshon Moreno-esque threat who can run inside, outside and catch ... if only he could pass pro a bit better too. I think we should perform at a higher level on offense and finish stronger. Defense looks slightly better in the secondary, about the same at LB, and substantially better at DL compared to last year. I think Walker will be wrong this year ... we look like a slightly better team than he's predicting.

I'm going 10-6, but I really don't like our schedule this year. Too much emphasis on winning early. We're not going 6-0, but if we do the media pressure for the next few games will be horrible and the media word will be all about our crash as the schedule gets tougher. They will call it an implosion. The end of the season depth will be a problem as Albert gets injured. Just not any spot on the schedule to get into a nice 10-6'ish rythem. It's like those games where you go into halftime with a 3 point lead knowing you could have and should have had 3 more TD's. It always comes back to haunt you. Fingers crossed.

IMHO, to go 10-6 we need to go 3-3 inside the division ... and we probably will go 2-4. So, to me, it's all about our division games. No excuses. No losing the line of scrimmage. No baseless haughtiness. Just win those dang games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 8 at Buffalo, 1 p.m. ET

The games in Buffalo usually are gritty and ugly, especially if inclement weather is involved. That rarely bodes well for Miami: Bills 17, Dolphins 13. Record: 5-3
the weather is not that bad in NOVEMEBER. what a douche.

The dick is bragging about being right the last two season's picking 8 and 8. Wonder what he'll say next year after we win 11 and take the division :idk:

in Buffalo it can be bad in November
you know what you're right. It CAN get bad in Buffalo weather wise, but using this http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/buffalo/new-york/united-states/usny0181/2000/11 I only found 5 times in 15 years that it really snowed in buffalo in November. 3 of those times were ultra bad. But you know what else? It only had one snowfall before the 8th of November in 15 years. I'm pretty sure I can say he's being a douche talking about bad weather in buffalo on NOV 8th as being a factor for the dolphins losing.

you know what you're right. It CAN get bad in Buffalo weather wise, but using this http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/buffalo/new-york/united-states/usny0181/2000/11 I only found 5 times in 15 years that it really snowed in buffalo in November. 3 of those times were ultra bad. But you know what else? It only had one snowfall before the 8th of November in 15 years. I'm pretty sure I can say he's being a douche talking about bad weather in buffalo on NOV 8th as being a factor for the dolphins losing.

I never said you couldn't call him a douche. I'm just saying a bad weather November game in buffalo isn't out of the ordinary.

Didnt realize we havent won in Foxboro since '08. Very aware of never beating Houston! That has got to come to an end!!

And the Steelers didn't win there last night either...Hmmm.

Far as Houston, who on our team will line up against him?

Didnt realize we havent won in Foxboro since '08. Very aware of never beating Houston! That has got to come to an end!!

We haven't even scored a single point in the last 3 second halves played in Foxboro. That has to change this year. That place is a house of horrors for us and most everyone else.

Trying to predict the schedule game by game is an exercise in futility. Walkers predictions are pretty much what somebody who just looked at last years standings and picked the games. Other than NE at home he pretty much has us losing every game where you could argue for either team. He pretty much only has us winning the games we should win. Everybody knows that's crap. There are many peaks and valley's to an NFL season. We will likely win some games we'd be less likely to win and drop some we should win although I'm a firm believer that good teams win the games they should win the majority of the time.

Back
Top Bottom