2015 Pro Days | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 Pro Days

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Dolphins were at Minnesota's pro day today. Unfortunately David Cobb is still unable to workout.

Minnesota Football @GopherFootball · 3h 3 hours ago Pro Day has started. Ravens, Bills, Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Jaguars, Chiefs, Dolphins, Patriots, Raiders, Steelers, Chargers, Titans, cont

Minnesota Football @GopherFootball · 3h 3 hours ago
... Falcons, Panthers, Lions, Packers, Vikings, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks, Buccaneers all in attendance today.

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 · 3h 3 hours ago
23 NFL teams represented for Kevin Johnson's pro day, including the Panthers

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 · 3h 3 hours ago
Steelers clearly interested in Kevin Johnson. They sent four to his pro day

I'll get more information on these if I can.

I really like David Cobb. I hope we get him! I'm a buckeyes fan and let me tell you, this guy diced our D! He was unstoppable. He runs VERY hard and can catch and runs guys over often. I wonder if we are looking at Maxx Williams instead though since Cobb can't do much right now. Maybe they just want an interview? Either of those two guys would be great! Or BOTH!!

I've said I'd like to get David Cobb. I think he'd be an excellent compliment to Miller.

Minnesota has 4 players people are looking at for the draft. Maxx Williams, David Cobb, Damien Wilson (ILB) and Cameron Botticelli (DT). Botticelli was a walk-on who ended up starting something like 47 games for them. The last two guys are expected to go undrafted though. My guess is that most scouts were there to look at Maxx Williams.

I would agree with Maralieus on David Cobb! He's a one man wrecking crew. The only question what round will he go?!? I'd take him in the third round because my gut feeling is he's the next Le'Veon bell!!

Maxx is a second rnd pick at best in my eyes.

If you look at the raw athletism of last years top notch TEs, I personally don't put Maxx anywhere near there level. I don't see the potential for an elite player with Maxx, the way so many others seem to.

He will be productive, Play a lot of downs, but IMO most of his catches will come off play action.

I would agree with Maralieus on David Cobb! He's a one man wrecking crew. The only question what round will he go?!? I'd take him in the third round because my gut feeling is he's the next Le'Veon bell!!

Currently I'd say David Cobb is a 4th rounder.

Currently I'd say David Cobb is a 4th rounder.

yeah that's where i think the target makes sense...although i don't agree with mayock who says he's a benjarvis green ellis pro...think he's got more burst and wiggle than that...i will say though that before he pulled up even that short distance he ran it didnt look like he was gonna run anything better than 4.6 just from the get off and the first 10 yards looked about like most the other rbs...slow

yeah that's where i think the target makes sense...although i don't agree with mayock who says he's a benjarvis green ellis pro...think he's got more burst and wiggle than that...i will say though that before he pulled up even that short distance he ran it didnt look like he was gonna run anything better than 4.6 just from the get off and the first 10 yards looked about like most the other rbs...slow

Given his vertical of 38.5" and his 10' 1" broad jump...low 4.6's high 4.5's is where he should run the 40.

Maxx is a second rnd pick at best in my eyes.

If you look at the raw athletism of last years top notch TEs, I personally don't put Maxx anywhere near there level. I don't see the potential for an elite player with Maxx, the way so many others seem to.

He will be productive, Play a lot of downs, but IMO most of his catches will come off play action.

That double hurdle run put him in the first round. All that teams needed was to see that he is CAPABLE of being a big seam threat type TE. Who knows where he'll end up in the long run, but if he was sitting there in the second round I'd pull the trigger for sure.

i can see Maxx Williams going first round to the right team that really want that TE.... and i can see many scouts out there for him.

i was thinking David Cobb a 3-4 rounder... do you think his absence today and the injury in combine effects him dropping much at all??? or is he still basically in that area?

i can see Maxx Williams going first round to the right team that really want that TE.... and i can see many scouts out there for him.

i was thinking David Cobb a 3-4 rounder... do you think his absence today and the injury in combine effects him dropping much at all??? or is he still basically in that area?

I think Cobb stays in the 3-4 round range despite not working out.

Early word has 31 teams on hand for the Virginia Pro Day. Underclassman Max Valles decided to run the 40, and he improved from the Combine mark. Valles was clocked in times which range from the high 4.6s to low 4.7s.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 7m 7 minutes ago
Jets, Titans, Jaguars on hand to watch Davis Tull/UT-CHATT workout

Minnesota Pro Day
As initially posted earlier, Maxx Williams sat on his combine numbers at Minnesota's pro day, but as reported by others, he looked good in pass catching drills. And while I don't consider Williams a first-round selection, a number of teams disagree. Last night, I was informed every team between picks 26 through 32, except for the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts, will consider selecting Williams late in Round 1.

Virginia Pro Day
Virginia running back Kevin Parks jumped well during pro day (39.5-inch vertical, 9-10 broad), did well on the bench (21 reps) and looked good in position drills. Unfortunately his 40 time, which clocked in the low 4.7s, will likely knock Parks out of any late-round consideration he had been receiving. I'm told in recent weeks, Parks had been timing in the mid-4.5s, which makes his performance today even more disappointing.

UT-Chattanooga Pro Day
Twenty-two teams were on hand for UT-Chattanooga pro-day this morning including directors of college scouting from the New York Jets, Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars and Oakland Raiders.

Most all were on hand to watch Davis Tull, who did not disappoint. Tull, who has been struggling with hamstring and shoulder injuries, was first put through a battery of linebacker drills and looked good. Scouts felt his hip turn and pass drops were quick and fluid.

After drills, Tull ran one 40 and timed anywhere between 4.55 seconds to 4.59 seconds. I'm told Tull flipped the workout around, running drills before timing in the 40, in case his bad hamstring acted up, which in fact it did prior to his sprint.

It is of interest that two of the teams on hand, the New York Jets and Tennessee Titans, both need a 3-4 pass-rushing linebacker while the Jacksonville Jaguars are looking for a Bruce Irvin type of player.
Defensive lineman Derrick Lott, who has been ill in recent days, did not take part in the workout and will stand on his combine mark.

Auburn Pro Day tweets

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello · 25m 25 minutes ago
Center Reese Dismukes dropped seven pounds since NFL Combine and is 289 at Auburn Pro Day weigh-in.

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello · 22m 22 minutes ago
Quarterback/cornerback Nick Marshall had added 10 pounds since NFL Combine and is at 217 here at Auburn Pro Day.

Joel A. Erickson @JoelAEricksonAU · 26m 26 minutes ago
Patrick Miller measures at 6-6 3/4, 292 pounds

Joel A. Erickson @JoelAEricksonAU · 24m 24 minutes ago
Corey Grant was at 5-8 7/8, 201

Joel A. Erickson @JoelAEricksonAU · 12m 12 minutes ago
C.J. Uzomah leaps 31 inches on the vertical

Joel A. Erickson @JoelAEricksonAU · 10m 10 minutes ago
Uzomah's 31-inch vertical, if I heard it correctly, would have been 9th among tight ends at the Combine

Auburn Gold Mine @AUGoldMine · 13m 13 minutes ago
They're checking Corey Grant's first broad jump at Auburn Pro Day. He went 10 feet, 4 inches and 10 feet, 7 inches

Joel A. Erickson @JoelAEricksonAU · 9m 9 minutes ago
Sammie Coates, Nick Marshall, Gabe Wright appear to be sticking with Combine performances

Joel A. Erickson @JoelAEricksonAU · 3m 3 minutes ago
Corey Grant's broad jump would have been 2nd among Combine RBs and his vertical would have been 7th. 30 backs were in Indy

Joel A. Erickson @JoelAEricksonAU · 43s 44 seconds ago
C.J. Uzomah's 9-10 broad jump would have been 4th among Combine tes

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello · 22m 22 minutes ago
Running back Corey Grant with 22 reps on bench press. Impressive.
This kid is mighty mouse...dang. Under 5'9" and 201...he's a fire hydrant.

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello
DE/LB LaDarius Owens with 29 bench reps. Most so far at Auburn Pro Day.

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello
DL Jeff Whitaker with a monster 41 reps on the bench at Auburn Pro Day.
:jawdrop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom