2016 Coaching Data Base | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 Coaching Data Base

The reason I feel comfortable with Tannenbaum running the search is quite easy, the man is a natural salesman and I know that once he finds his guy that he won't get away. Some of the candidates I would be interested in would be the following:

-Jim Mora
-David Shaw
-Norv Turner

Personally, I would love it if we went after Turner. Decades of coaching experience and a known quarterback guru that would work well with Tannehill. Surprised that more people haven't mentioned his name but that is my choice.

Gase is very young. He has not been a HC before. He has a ton of praise in his stops along the way plus, he has been with some excellent coaches and diverse group of QB's he had success with.

I do not like the lack of experience as a HC, his age and I am not sure he command a room. Gase will be a HC somewhere before things are done this cycle. Remember Gase has been choosey to this point. He might be interviewing the Fins as much as him being interviewed.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

My number 1 choice, sign him up

Something Tannenbaum is doing you like!

Im not getting exicted by any candidate, our structure in the front office has been a covert and non covert mess. Nobody actually knows who is doing what from the outside looking in and that will have an impact on potential candidates. This has been ran like a clown show.
Look at this year, the team clarified that Hickey has complete control over the 53 man roster and yet most people think Tannebaum made all the decisions. Supposedly he did not answer to Tannebaum and had full control over personell decisions but basically nobody at all believes this.
So to some coach looking at a job why put up with this nonsens esp with other jobs out there. I dont trust Ross, Dont trust Tannebaum. Dont trust any of these idiots to get anything right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 5m5 minutes ago
Speaking with multiple folks around NFL, sounds like Mike McCoy is coaching his final game for @Chargers. We'll see. @NFLonFOX

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 5m5 minutes ago
Speaking with multiple folks around NFL, sounds like Mike McCoy is coaching his final game for @Chargers. We'll see. @NFLonFOX

This is purely a move by ownership to please the fans.

San Diego's problems sure as heck weren't McCoys fault.

This is purely a move by ownership to please the fans.

San Diego's problems sure as heck weren't McCoys fault.

I wonder if he joins with Gase's OC. Not a bad pick up at all. He will be in demand.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 10m10 minutes ago
Mike Garafolo Retweeted Alex Marvez
Would be a hot OC candidate, if so.

The reason I feel comfortable with Tannenbaum running the search is quite easy, the man is a natural salesman and I know that once he finds his guy that he won't get away. Some of the candidates I would be interested in would be the following:

-Jim Mora
-David Shaw
-Norv Turner

Personally, I would love it if we went after Turner. Decades of coaching experience and a known quarterback guru that would work well with Tannehill. Surprised that more people haven't mentioned his name but that is my choice.

Norv?? He has been given ample opportunity to prove that he is fit for the head coach position and failed every time. He is, was and should always be an offense coordinator and nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People want Norv turner? God help us

Hue aside i have no interest in these failed coaches people want in the name of "experience"as apparantly they have all learned from all their mistakes and are sure things now. Gaining that vital experience losing hasnt counted for much around here recently.

Some of you seem so set on finding someone who has had 6,7,8 win seaons and got fired for it.... I know a guy called Joe Philbin and you guys would freaking love him and hire him on the spot

Give me a bright young OC over someone who made a hash of his last job anyday. Gruden etc is a clear exception but good luck getting him. Even Jackson who I still have concers about will be hard to acquire. Aside from a very limited pool of exceptions, there are very few "experienced" guys that dont already have jobs that I would want running the Dolphins, the ones worth keeping around tend to have jobs

Last edited by a moderator:
People want Norv turner? God help us

Hue aside i have no interest in these failed coaches people want in the name of "experience"as apparantly they have all learned from all their mistakes and are sure things now. Gaining that vital experience losing hasnt counted for much around here recently.

Some of you seem so set on finding someone who has had 6,7,8 win seaons and got fired for it.... I know a guy called Joe Philbin and you guys would freaking love him and hire him on the spot

Give me a bright young OC over someone who made a hash of his last job anyday. Gruden etc is a clear exception but good luck getting him. Even Jackson who I still have concers about will be hard to acquire. Aside from a very limited pool of exceptions, there are very few "experienced" guys that dont already have jobs that I would want running the Dolphins, the ones worth keeping around tend to have jobs

I know you are describing Adam Gase. The question with Gase is can he lead an entire team? You just don't select a HC to fix a QB. The other huge question is who are his coordinators? If he came with Mike McCoy as an OC and Mike Pettine as a DC, that would be very impressive.

No matter who is on Gase's staff he will be learning on the job.

I know you are describing Adam Gase. The question with Gase is can he lead an entire team? You just don't select a HC to fix a QB. The other huge question is who are his coordinators? If he came with Mike McCoy as an OC and Mike Pettine as a DC, that would be very impressive.

No matter who is on Gase's staff he will be learning on the job.

Not just Gase there are a couple of coordinaters I would be happy with (2 in Carolina) Jackson would also be fine but I doubt he comes here

I do fully agree that especially with our roster with any of these candidates, the OC and DC hires will be just as vital as the HC (especially DC for Gase)

Back
Top Bottom