2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

Moritz Boehringer...WR...Germany...6'4" 225 pounds...4.39 40...dominated the German leagues...Draft eligible and working out at Florida Atlantics pro day today.

Moritz Boehringer...WR...Germany...6'4" 225 pounds...4.39 40...dominated the German leagues...Draft eligible and working out at Florida Atlantics pro day today.

Well he will be off our board since we already signed our German player. Lol

Wait. If Elliott is there at No. 13, and the Dolphins have not traded down, they might consider taking him, then trading up in the second round to land some other CB because, well, cornerback is a thing for the Dolphins in case you haven't been paying attention.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...might-not-be-filled-until-later-in-draft.html

I would hate this scenario.

Yeah I have paid attention...just pointing out a sleeper prospect who apparently has caught the eye of the NFL with his size/speed/skill set...pretty elite numbers for sure when a guy that big runs in the 4.3's.

He has William Jackson III going 14th...so is the "not top 15 worthy stuff with him ancient history"?

I was referring more to the media perception catching up...this boards perception has no bearing for me...you can bet though jeremiahs connecting dots there

As far as Jackson goes I don't see the scheme fit so for me the players not worth it to Miami..and that's all I care about...I don't like projection with top 15 picks I like to get what I'm paying for...

I was referring more to the media perception catching up...this boards perception has no bearing for me...you can bet though jeremiahs connecting dots there

As far as Jackson goes I don't see the scheme fit so for me the players not worth it to Miami..and that's all I care about...I don't like projection with top 15 picks I like to get what I'm paying for...

I would pay more attention to Jeremiah's top 50...granted the last one he did was in March and had Apple at 23...

Although at 13, I think you go with a guy like Apple and understand you are going to live through some growing pains, but in the end get a guy who is at a top tier position and having him work with a DC that has had success in the league with DB's.

If we draft a RB, I'd rather get a guy like Marshall from GA or Alabama's 'other' RB, Kenyan Drake.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Then you could probably get one of these guys well after the 1st round, depending on how RBs are coming off the board.

Jay Ajayi is why I would never consider a 1st round RB. He's an NFL feature back, IMO.

Wow. I'm 4 minutes into that tape of Eli Apple and I am NOT impressed. Does it get better? The guy is a penalty magnet. Yuk.

Not very impressive IMO

He looks like he'll drive coaches nuts with pass interference calls. Physically and athletically he's a boundary corner, I'd still take Hargreaves over him and not worry about the height differential, just live with it, Hargreaves is very physical and his skill set is well above Apple's. I'd rather go DL or LB rd 1 and get a boundary corner a bit later, maybe Xavien Howard rd 2.
I like Apple's tools, but I look at him on film and I see risk- great talent but just a good player. You take him at #13 and you're gambling on potential being fulfilled in a big way.

I would pay more attention to Jeremiah's top 50...granted the last one he did was in March and had Apple at 23...

Although at 13, I think you go with a guy like Apple and understand you are going to live through some growing pains, but in the end get a guy who is at a top tier position and having him work with a DC that has had success in the league with DB's.

I would expect Apple to move up on jeremiahs next top 50

So I've already said what RB's I'm gonna take a look at. These are the rest of the guys that I'm going to dig into. Any other names that I should be making an effort to look at? Or any of those guys that aren't great fits for our system?

Le’Raven Clark* OT/OG Texas Tech
Isaac Semuelo* OG/OC Oregon St.
Kyle Murphy OT Stanford
Spencer Drango OG Baylor
Christian Westerman OG Arizona St.
Graham Glasgow OG Michigan
Joe Thuney OG North Carolina St.
Parker Ehinger OL Cincinnati
Max Tuerk OC/OG USC

Jonathon Bullard DE/DT Florida
Jonathon Woodard DE Central Arkansas
Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU
Jason Fanaika DE Utah
Vernon Butler DT Louisiana Tech
Jason Hargrave DT South Carolina St.

Blake Martinez MLB Stanford
Deion Jones OLB LSU

Artie Burns CB Miami (FL)
Xavien Howard CB Baylor
Maurice Canady CB Virginia
Deiondre Hall CB Northern Iowa
Rashard Robinson CB LSU
Daryl Worley CB West Virginia
Justin Burris CB NC State
Mike Jordan CB Missouri Western

Keanu Neal FS Florida
Justin Simmons* FS Boston College

[video=youtube;j_Vzo_hwUUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Vzo_hwUUg[/video]

Here is all of Apple's targets last year.

Breakdown: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/video-ohio-state-cb-eli-apple-2015-pass-targets-stat-breakdown/

The grabbiness is a symptom of him not tracking the ball well, if you ask me. Teach him better awareness of the ball versus the receiver and you eliminate a lot of the PI stuff. But he does have an issue with getting his head around and tracking the ball, for sure.

What's the consensus on Artie Burns? Could he be a good get in round 2 and allow us to strictly go BPA round 1?

Back
Top Bottom