2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

Daniel jeremiahs newest mock released today has eli apple at pick 13 to miami...the not top 15 worthy stuff is ancient history...now the question is will he make it to pick 13

Daniel jeremiahs newest mock released today has eli apple at pick 13 to miami...the not top 15 worthy stuff is ancient history...now the question is will he make it to pick 13

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 1h1 hour ago
.@EliApple13 tells @Gil_Brandt & me @SiriusXMNFL visits set w/ @buffalobills @RamsNFL @49ers @MiamiDolphins @TBBuccaneers @Lions & @Jaguars

.@EliApple13 says he's playing basketball trying to improve footwork. Hopes that leads to less PI/holding penalties @Gil_Brandt @SiriusXMNFL

.@EliApple13 tells @Gil_Brandt & me @SiriusXMNFL visits set w/ @buffalobills @RamsNFL @49ers @MiamiDolphins @TBBuccaneers @Lions & @Jaguars

.@EliApple13 says he's playing basketball trying to improve footwork. Hopes that leads to less PI/holding penalties @Gil_Brandt @SiriusXMNFL

The thing that helps is that i dont think any of those teams play press in front of us...anyone that does is a threat cause hes the best pure boundary press corner in the class

I dont have any issues with his footwork...technique needs to be more consistent but thats very coachable

And thats top 15 pick worthy talent

These are the backs I'm looking at. Haven't watched all of them, some intrigued by their measurables, others by their scouting reports. Would love to here some takes on them.

C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame
Alex Collins, Arkansas
Kenneth Dixon, Lousiana Tech
Paul Perkins, UCLA
Jordan Howard, Indiana
Tyler Ervin, San Jose State
Kelvin Taylor, Florida
Keith Marshall, Georgia
Daniel Lasco, California

I'm high on Dixon and Collins. Collins to me is a little too similar to Ajayi so I wouldn't target him high here. I'm a fan of Prosise. I've watched Ervin and Lasco, Lasco has the higher grade but Ervin is a little more interesting late in the draft. I'm focusing on RB's on day 3, not interested on day 2 unless there is great value with a guy like Dixon.

CJ Prosise is the best one of the bunch in my opinion. I hate collins and really hope we dont draft him. The guy chops his feet way to much and doesnt break any tackles. Got decent moves but that feet chopping and soft running is not going to work in the nfl. I would love prosise in the third

CJ Prosise is the best one of the bunch in my opinion. I hate collins and really hope we dont draft him. The guy chops his feet way to much and doesnt break any tackles. Got decent moves but that feet chopping and soft running is not going to work in the nfl. I would love prosise in the third

I like Prosise potential. Man can he hit overdrive when get pass the linebackers. My concern is his ability to run in traffic, I think he going to struggle early on short yardage situation and will fumble a lot despite his size. But man can he go from 10 to 50 quickly. And his catching ability is tremendous. He really is just another wideout on the field. I think we would have to be patient with him is he is drafted by the Phins.

I am big on the Keith Marshall bandwagon also love Paul Perkins. Marshall I believe will be great right out the bat. Another sleeper is Kenyan Drake, love the way he runs.

nfl.com reporting that Su'a Cravens is meeting with teams but has declined to workout individually for them - presumably concerned about getting injured. Dolphins have scheduled a meeting with him (which is good news in my book). I think you get just about everything you get with Darron Lee in Cravens, but a round or so later.

Here are my targets in the 3rd round and on as my wish list for a running back.

12439401_10153944045282534_3309782793027169842_n.jpg

What about drafting, in the 3rd round, maybe, the OTHER RB from Alabama? I got a Bleacher Report notice about him on my FB page. Kenyan Drake. The dude could be even better than Henry and would be a better pairing with Ajayi, IMO.

I was watching some Drake highlights on YouTube last night. I was shocked at how good he was. He or Dixon would make very nice consolation prizes. I still prefer Elliott but I feel better now about other options. The question is will either be there for us in round 3.

If it weren't for all the miles on the clock, I'd be very interested in Dixon in the second round. But he's played a punishing amount for LA Tech and you have to factor how much you're going to get out of him before something snaps. He's worth a shot in the fourth maybe, but not earlier.

Unless a very highly rated player surprisingly falls to us, it seems like Eli Apple is a safe pick at #13. This addresses an obvious CB need. He fits the system that Vance Joseph will implement, he's athletic and he's a confident good character guy. He even comes from a top football factory in Ohio State and has been developed by one of the best in Urban Meyer. Check, check, check, check, check and check.

If the tight end from Notre Dame?...Hunter is available in the second does anyone think we would be interested? I know we don't necessarily NEED a tight end that early, if at all, but the kid is a talent at a skill position

nfl.com reporting that Su'a Cravens is meeting with teams but has declined to workout individually for them - presumably concerned about getting injured. Dolphins have scheduled a meeting with him (which is good news in my book). I think you get just about everything you get with Darron Lee in Cravens, but a round or so later.

I don't think Cravens can do many of the things that Lee can. He's nowhere near as fast or explosive - explosive power being Cravens' weakest point. His agility is good, though, and I'd say Shaq Thompson is a good comp - based on his physical attribues and what you'd ask him to do. I did not have Thompson worth a 1st RD pick, but he played pretty well in Carolina (doesn't hurt to be the 3rd LB with Kuechly and Davis). I could get behind Cravens in the 2nd - particularly in this draft. Cravens is also a better football player than Thompson was coming out of UW.

He has William Jackson III going 14th...so is the "not top 15 worthy stuff with him ancient history"?

I still wouldn't be surprised if we went available playmaker in the first and held out for cb's in the later rounds....there seems to be some talent and size in the 5th-7th rounds there...not comparing them to apple or Hargreaves just saying we may be better at the cb position with a better pass rush and run stopping capabilities...
...Worley and hall could be cb's in later rounds worth taking a look at and coaching up

I still wouldn't be surprised if we went available playmaker in the first and held out for cb's in the later rounds....there seems to be some talent and size in the 5th-7th rounds there...not comparing them to apple or Hargreaves just saying we may be better at the cb position with a better pass rush and run stopping capabilities...
...Worley and hall could be cb's in later rounds worth taking a look at and coaching up

I could see the argument some are making for BPA in round 1 and corner in round 2, but if we don't draft a corner til the 5th round it will be an insane approach to the draft.

Our secondary will give up so many yards next year, your head will spin.

I am all aboard best available corner at #13. Hell, If Hargreaves falls to #9 and the FO is convinced he is THE guy, look into trading up 4 spots.

Back
Top Bottom